**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What was the point of this DLX challenge ?

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Thomildo said:

People will literally complain about anything.

And you want people to stop? It's a forum. Discussion is what it's meant for.
    I didn't say stop at all actually. I just fail to see the negative for a fun Event that pays out decent Rewards.
    There’s nothing fun about it. It’s just monotonus and dull. You know it, but you still want to piss people off. Good for you! Enjoy!
    I'm not trying to piss anyone off at all. I disagree. It's the same format as the Challenges we've had in the past. They even put the bulk of the Rewards into Completion, unless the only thing you're after is the T6CCs. In which case that's a personal goal, really. It was moderately hard with good Rewards payout. Which is better than 6 over-the-top Fights that about 5% of the people will be able to do.
  • Options

Thomildo said:

People will literally complain about anything.

And you want people to stop? It's a forum. Discussion is what it's meant for.
    I didn't say stop at all actually. I just fail to see the negative for a fun Event that pays out decent Rewards.
    There’s nothing fun about it. It’s just monotonus and dull. You know it, but you still want to piss people off. Good for you! Enjoy!
    I'm not trying to piss anyone off at all. I disagree. It's the same format as the Challenges we've had in the past. They even put the bulk of the Rewards into Completion, unless the only thing you're after is the T6CCs. In which case that's a personal goal, really. It was moderately hard with good Rewards payout. Which is better than 6 over-the-top Fights that about 5% of the people will be able to do.
    All of that is a lot more valid than implying people are just complaining to complain. Invalidating other's opinions isn't exactly the best way to express an opinion of your own.
    Don't patronize me. I'm an adult. I choose my own words.
  • Options
    You are not my superior, my boss, or my parent. I said what I said, and it's true. Anything slightly beneficial is complained about on here. "Too easy...too hard...too fast....too monotonous....not enough Rewards....the Rewards are game-breaking...."
    I'm the first person to say people have the right to say whatever they want, so you're preaching to the choir. Once in a while I feel the need to point out that complaining for the sake of complaining is counterproductive. There is no negative to this Event.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

You are not my superior, my boss, or my parent. I said what I said, and it's true. Anything slightly beneficial is complained about on here. "Too easy...too hard...too fast....too monotonous....not enough Rewards....the Rewards are game-breaking...."
    I'm the first person to say people have the right to say whatever they want, so you're preaching to the choir. Once in a while I feel the need to point out that complaining for the sake of complaining is counterproductive. There is no negative to this Event.

People can feel that this event was boring and repetitive. It’s just 210 fights repeated again and again. No one’s really complaining about the rewards, but the content itself isn’t really fun and it seems like it’s uninspired. It was easy and the rewards are good, but some people like to have fun with the content they do and this just didn’t feel like it hit the mark.
    That's where I disagree. I thoroughly enjoy the Challenge-style format. I actually look forward to them coming back.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 849 ★★★★
    The BrutalDLX challenge is bit of a grind but I’m not going to complain.
    This Legends celebration event is a big win overall imo.
  • Options
    Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Posts: 143 ★★

Emilia90 said:

People can feel that this event was boring and repetitive. It’s just 210 fights repeated again and again. No one’s really complaining about the rewards, but the content itself isn’t really fun and it seems like it’s uninspired. It was easy and the rewards are good, but some people like to have fun with the content they do and this just didn’t feel like it hit the mark.
    That's where I disagree. I thoroughly enjoy the Challenge-style format. I actually look forward to them coming back.
    Yep, for beginner paragon and thronebreaker this content is ideal if you love to waste time and grind just for sake of some good reward. I understand anything above this difficulty would be too much for you.

Also , to my account I would like
    1. Content tougher than Brutal DLX challenge
    2. Less path/non repetition paths.
    3. Better rewards (EOP Carina Challange have better reward than this event)
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★

Adding my two cents….I was being slowly tortured competing this DLX nonsense and wanted to let Kabam know this event is truly disrespectful. You have no respect for our time. This quest is boring and absolutely no fun at all. Make the fights ten times harder and have five of them total. Jesus this is awful.

Yeah I thought we’d be getting the full 11 fights of ROL but with Abyss style health pool and nodes.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Yep, for beginner paragon and thronebreaker this content is ideal if you love to waste time and grind just for sake of some good reward. I understand anything above this difficulty would be too much for you.

Also , to my account I would like
    1. Content tougher than Brutal DLX challenge
    2. Less path/non repetition paths.
    3. Better rewards (EOP Carina Challange have better reward than this event)
    Actually, I'm not talking about whether or not it would be more difficult for me. I'm fine with my limitations. I'm talking about the format itself.
    Ever since the first Challenge I've enjoyed those type of Events. Now it's become a bit nostalgic, but also it's a good way to see how I've progressed. It's also a good way to practice in increasing increments of difficulty. Which is pretty in tandem with Incursions when you think about it.
    Sometimes it's not quick Rewards. Sometimes things take time and effort.
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 552 ★★★

Once in a while I feel the need to point out that complaining for the sake of complaining is counterproductive.

And that's what literally everyone else refers to as "derailing the thread"

looks like it's that time again

Every single day, every single forum post. I swear 🤣🤣

• Options
    Actually, I'm sure you could find a few comments on here where I referenced wanting to see a Challenge Event come back, so no. Arguing is not the objective.
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 244 ★★
    I really like what they did with the nodes, implementing a new one across each difficulty. It's been a cool way to learn the fights and figure out counters across higher difficulties. It did feel like a real revamp to the classic ROL lane. The rewards, in tandem with the 1*2* arenas, legends crystals and calendar are very nice as well.

6 lanes across 6 difficulties though is just too much. By the time you make it to cav difficulty you have the map more than figured out and the biggest challenge turns into seeing how many fights you can make it through before your phone starts lagging to an unplayable level. Maybe it would be fine if the intent with this was to be permanent content, like with shooting stars, but a grind that takes hours and hours with a limited timeframe to complete feels like shortsighted planning.

3 lanes across each difficulty would be plenty grindy, one lane per difficulty with significantly ramped up health pools would probably have provided the challenge players wanted after the livestream hype. This just feels tedious to play through (and on top of an already very grindy content month with incursions SQ and a longer BG track).
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 147 ★★
    Emilia90 said:

You have 20 days to do this. I'm doing it when there's nothing else to do. Will probably do most of it on Sundays (no arena). I don't get this insane rush to finish everything day 1 then complain that the game is boring.

The time to do it isn’t even the problem. It’s just not creative content and it’s boring in general to have to do 210 repeated fights even if you’re doing it spread across 20 days. It just feels uninspired and they keep hyping content up as “for the most skillful players” and it ends up being something like this. People are allowed to complain that content design is boring lmao
    Replace the word "skillful" with "determined " and I fixed brutal dlx. The quests fits the description now.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    One mad path is what I expected. This was not fun.
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 115 ★★
    I simply wish the event was FUN! It was very far from that. We are here to play a game to have fun. Kabam should remember that. It’s events like this that make me spend less time in the game not more. I recently got Paragon after hating act 6. I played act 7-8 and loved them. They were actually fun! It would be cool if they kept the idea of a fun game in their mind when creating these events instead of just a laborious boring grind.