**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AA not immune to AAR?

Hey!
I was using AA in BGs and noticed my parries failing sometimes. The text would pop up but the opponent wouldn't be stunned. Could there be some other reason?

Comments

• Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    It's because of disorient from the node

Once you get some neuros built up they won't procure, but in the beginning of the fight, no avoiding it if you parry
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★
    yep. This was my post from back in Jan of 2021
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/244937/archangel-affected-by-aar-now#latest
    And as you can tell from the comments no where near the first report.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Maratox said:

A_Fungi said:

It's because of disorient from the node

Once you get some neuros built up they won't procure, but in the beginning of the fight, no avoiding it if you parry

How many times are people going to spew this incorrect statement?
    It's technically true though. Umes you mean the second part
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    Unfortunately it's been years now and they've never done anything about it (it's not even on Trello, for whatever that's worth). I doubt it will get fixed any time soon
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 229 ★★★
    Oh. That sounds weird.
    So if I understand this correctly, he's immune to passive AAR (like magneto) but he's still affected by AAR effects?
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★

Oh. That sounds weird.
    So if I understand this correctly, he's immune to passive AAR (like magneto) but he's still affected by AAR effects?

He’s affected by aar from nodes but not from abilities, it’s a bug
  • Options

Oh. That sounds weird.

He’s affected by aar from nodes but not from abilities, it’s a bug
    And it's not even like that. He gets affected by champs too. And immune to those from nodes
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    I see this coming “hey guys they brought it up again, ok let’s just rewrite his abilities and boom fixed” it was never a bug 😂
  • Options
    Manup456 said:

I see this coming “hey guys they brought it up again, ok let’s just rewrite his abilities and boom fixed” it was never a bug 😂

It won't even work like that though. It's too inconsistent to be solved by a description change
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    @AverageDesi Oh I have mine r4 and know exactly what you guys are talking about but it’s been broken and inconsistent a long time and nothing has been done, rewriting descriptions is always a go to for them so I wouldn’t be surprised.
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    I would love to know why this bug never gets attention from the team. It’s not like fixing it will make AA too powerful. And they’ve implemented it before in Shuri, Mephisto, Mysterio, etc. Doesn’t seem like it would be a major undertaking.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

Manup456 said:

It won't even work like that though. It's too inconsistent to be solved by a description change
    "AA has a 50% chance to be unaffected by AAR effects"

there. done.
    enough ambiguity there to write off anything as "it's just RNG"
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Manup456 said:

there. done.
    Lmao
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

Manup456 said:

there. done.

• Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Axew said:

I would love to know why this bug never gets attention from the team. It’s not like fixing it will make AA too powerful. And they’ve implemented it before in Shuri, Mephisto, Mysterio, etc. Doesn’t seem like it would be a major undertaking.

They probably think AA is already a great champ & they don't NEED to fix him to make him better
    Also the community never really caused big enough of a pushback