**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kate Bishop's Passive Stun Interaction with "Stunning Reflection" Node

Hello Marvel Contest of Champions community,

I wanted to share an interesting observation and seek some insights regarding an interaction I encountered in the game. In a battle against Super-Skrull on Node 53, which features the "Stunning Reflection" and "Polka Dot Power" nodes with stun vulnerability, I decided to utilize Kate Bishop as my champion. However, I stumbled upon an unexpected outcome: Kate Bishop's passive stun actually triggered the "Stunning Reflection" node, resulting in her getting stunned instead. This got me thinking about game mechanics and strategies, and I believe discussing this might benefit other players who face similar situations.

I'm reaching out to fellow players for their perspectives on why Kate Bishop's passive stun appears to activate the "Stunning Reflection" node, causing her to be stunned herself. Interestingly, her passive ability "Coldsnap," which inflicts passive damage, does not seem to trigger the same node. I'm truly intrigued by this discrepancy and would greatly appreciate any insights or clarifications you might offer.

Furthermore, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how I could have potentially foreseen this interaction. Were there any subtle cues or indications within Kate Bishop's abilities or the node description that I might have overlooked? As we strive to enhance our gameplay, understanding these intricacies becomes crucial.

I eagerly await your collective wisdom and experiences. Let's foster an environment of shared learning and improvement within the game!

Best regards,

Comments

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Doesn’t matter if it’s a passive; the node literally reflects the stun (any stun) back to you.
  • Options
    OxygeN610OxygeN610 Posts: 40

Doesn’t matter if it’s a passive; the node literally reflects the stun (any stun) back to you.

ok but if the stun node works with passive, why the damaging node didn't work the same ?
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    OxygeN610 said:

ok but if the stun node works with passive, why the damaging node didn't work the same ?
    Because polka dot power specifically calls out a debuff.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,996 ★★★★★
    OxygeN610 said:

It's all in the wording
  • Options
    OxygeN610OxygeN610 Posts: 40
    ahmynuts said:

OxygeN610 said:

It's all in the wording
    my english is not the best, but would you say that the wording could be more specific to help people understand ?
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 461 ★★★
    It can be confusing at times. The nodes clarify whether it’s debuffs, or just any variety of that particular effect. It might be subtle, but they’ve been a lot better at clarifying now than 8 years ago when passive effects started becoming a thing and every interaction was a mess.
  • Options
    @OxygeN610 The polka dot war node, reflects ALL stuns back. Passive or debuff stuns. This will include parries, or passive stuns like kate/silk/wasp/wags PF.

However, polka dot power gives power based off debuffs Only. You need an active debuff (which can be shrugged) to be placed on the opponent in order to get power. Anything passive, like Kate's coldsnap, HT's nova flames, Diablos passive poisons (syn with KP), do not give back power from polka dot.
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★
    In general if the node says debuffs, then it is only debuffs. If it says effects then that means both debuffs and passives. I personally got hammered by one of the kang bosses (can't remember which one) as his abilities say he reduces stun effects and I tried to doom slap him.

But I do know that some older nodes do not specify debuffs vs effects. For those that say for example stuns, i try to assume that they mean any stun, passive or debuff.