BG Horrid Matchmaking Making Impossible Objectives

Wfox12345Wfox12345 Member Posts: 28
So I’m running into one of the worst instances of matchmaking I’ve experienced in any game. I find myself queueing for BG and no joke 15 games in a row I’m matched up with Paragon players (I’m Cavalier). I have no chance at winning, and am sitting on the objectives to win BG matches to get BG currency. It’s the most frustrating and have seen Kabam’s “reasoning” in making this change from last season. With this has killed the fun in playing BG cause I know I’m going to lose majority of times. However, I have a solution that surprises me no one at Kabam has come up with… a casual matchmaking queue! Make this queue not determined by rank but by account power. This way I don’t “mess up” the ranked ladder by being to high or to low, but I can atleast have fun playing the game mode and finishing missions. This needs to happen if Kabam actually cares about making their game fun in my opinion.

Comments

• Wfox12345Wfox12345 Member Posts: 28
    ahmynuts said:

Good. It should be like that. You're playing a competitive game mode not arena

The game mode she be a mode, not a ladder. Make a way to play the game for fun. Also did you even read the whole message?
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,407 ★★★★★
    If you're below Plat I agree with you, if you're above Plat however sorry but no, I'm Paragon and I'm currently stuck in Diamond 1 fighting whales with r5s when I only have r3s and r4s and a few 7*. Why should you be allowed to climb up faster than me and have an easier time?
    As for your suggestion, that wouldn't work, the game doesn't have a big enough playerbase to add a casual mode, if they did we'd all end up with 15 minutes queues since half the playerbase would be in ranked and the other half in casual, that wouldn't be a good thing.
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    Wfox12345 said:

ahmynuts said:

Also did you even read the whole message?
    Ahmynuts has commented on every thread over 2 sentences saying they just won't read it, so that's unlikely.

I do partially agree with some sort of casual BGs mode. It'd be nice to see, but I have no idea if enough people even play BGs to split it into different player pools without slowing down queue times. At very least, having a casual BGs off season should definitely happen at some point

If you're below Plat I agree with you, if you're above Plat however sorry but no, I'm Paragon and I'm currently stuck in Diamond 1 fighting whales with r5s when I only have r3s and r4s and a few 7*. Why should you be allowed to climb up faster than me and have an easier time?
    As for your suggestion, that wouldn't work, the game doesn't have a big enough playerbase to add a casual mode, if they did we'd all end up with 15 minutes queues since half the playerbase would be in ranked and the other half in casual, that wouldn't be a good thing.

I’m diamond 4, and never said I want to be able to rank up. I want to be able to actually play the game mode without insta losing. Also if I can get matchups in 1 second matching me with paragons, there are enough players to make a casual game mode.

Wfox12345 said:

ahmynuts said:

Ahmynuts has commented on every thread over 2 sentences saying they just won't read it, so that's unlikely.

I do partially agree with some sort of casual BGs mode. It'd be nice to see, but I have no idea if enough people even play BGs to split it into different player pools without slowing down queue times. At very least, having a casual BGs off season should definitely happen at some point
    I just think there needs to be a way to play the game mode for fun, where you are seeded based on power level, not rank. An off season would be good for that, or just a separate queueing

At some point you will hit the ceiling in BG, by design.

You are competing for great rewards that are not tied to your progression level, so it is actually fair that you face Paragon rosters at some point. You're competing for the same rewards.

I’m once again saying I don’t feel the need to rank up for rewards. I just want to play the game without insta losing.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,419 Guardian
    Wfox12345 said:

ahmynuts said:

The game mode she be a mode, not a ladder. Make a way to play the game for fun. Also did you even read the whole message?
    What you want is a casual queue like in clash Royale where you can just against players of similar roster strength that'll still count towards the objectives but not towards the solo and alliance event.

Currently that doesn't exist, so I would recommend focusing on story content and roster growth now that you've basically hit your wall in bgs.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,295 ★★★★★

Wfox12345 said:

ahmynuts said:

Every thread is a little bit of an exaggeration. Like 5 maybe. 8 tops
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian
    Wfox12345 said:

ahmynuts said:

If you just want to have fun, you can always do friendly matches.

As to a casual queue, I'm skeptical that this would be a good idea for Kabam, because you'd then be exposed to the never ending debate about how rewarding the casual queue should be relative to the competitive queue, and you'd be playing with fire splitting the playerbase into two queues. You only get one mistake like that. Rarely do you get two.

However, I know the idea has been tossed about both to and within Kabam, and opinions differ, so it is something they have considered. But whether that consideration leads to anything practical, I wouldn't hazard a guess.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,407 ★★★★★
    Wfox12345 said:

I’m diamond 4, and never said I want to be able to rank up. I want to be able to actually play the game mode without insta losing. Also if I can get matchups in 1 second matching me with paragons, there are enough players to make a casual game mode.
    Then you've hit a brick wall it's that simple, it happens. I understand you want to complete objectives but if you could, you would inevitably move up before hundreds of other Paragons do and that wouldn't be fair would it? Like I said if you were having these issues before Plat I'd agree with you 100%, but you're in Diamond 4 now.
    That's not how that works, if you divide the playerbase in two groups, queues will be longer, it's common sense.
  • zernixzernix Member Posts: 82
    Easiest solution is just change the objectives to complete a BG match instead of win. Still sucks to lose but at least you could get the objectives done.

Matchmaking this season feels like the worst it's ever been tho I feel you.
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    Get your money up fellas and you to can compete at the higher lvls of BGs 😆 a competitive mode you can buy an advantage in makes sense 🤣
  • RCunhaRCunha Member Posts: 375 ★★
    Matchmaking is bad as hell, i only have 2 or 3 r4 that surpass 20k PI, and i am getting matched with 6* r5 and 7* r2 with a butload of champions or a full roster with great diversity of 20k or above PI
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Good. If you can't win you don't deserve to advance.