Selling Catalysts for Higher Catalyst Shards

EliOrSomethingEliOrSomething Member Posts: 115 ★★
Was there every a reason given as to why we’re still unable to trade in Tier 2 Alpha catalysts or Tier 5 Basic Catalysts in for fragments of higher levels? There’s not much logic behind it that I can think of at least.

Comments

• zernixzernix Member Posts: 82
    My guess is that it was from when they were the highest rarity of cat and it just hasn't been updated.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,834 ★★★★★
    This one is a little over due, those resources are not nearly as valuable anymore. (Especially tier 2 alpha)
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,397 ★★★★★
    "My newborn son was messing around with my phone and sold all of my t4cc. It really wasn't me i swear can you please help me get them back kabam. Please kabam please I'll do anything"

That's why
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    I brought this up last year and Miike said he had brought it up to the game team for discussion.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/318240/time-to-consider-returning-t5cc-fragments-when-selling-t4cc
  • flygamerflygamer Member Posts: 345 ★★
    Kabams reasoning is there are too many support tickets from people accidentally selling items.
    A simple solution (*ahem* kabam), is to put a checkpoint question such as 'Are you sure you want to sell this? This action is irreversible".
    That would probably cut down on 90% of the tickets for this.
  • DUHveedDUHveed Member Posts: 357 ★★★
    flygamer said:

Kabams reasoning is there are too many support tickets from people accidentally selling items.
    A simple solution (*ahem* kabam), is to put a checkpoint question such as 'Are you sure you want to sell this? This action is irreversible".
    That would probably cut down on 90% of the tickets for this.

I don’t think so. You could still use the argument ahmynuts made and say someone else did it

• EliOrSomethingEliOrSomething Member Posts: 115 ★★
    Dukenpuke said:

I brought this up last year and Miike said he had brought it up to the game team for discussion.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/318240/time-to-consider-returning-t5cc-fragments-when-selling-t4cc

A little disappointing to see the last update on this situation was nearly a year ago by this point and these catalysts have only become more abundant
  • MeleeMelee Member Posts: 4
    BeastDad said:

This one is a little over due, those resources are not nearly as valuable anymore. (Especially tier 2 alpha)

Agree. I have so many alpha 2 in the stash (40+) from the 7 hours crystal and most of it going to waste in a month if we won't get the option to sell.
    And that's not just now, it's recurring problem for me. Not that many, of course, but I always get alpha 2 in my stash.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,153 ★★★★
    I have 67 t2a in my stash, it's becoming hard to use them.

But, the priority should be selling t4cc. There's no need for not having those for sale.