Options

Possible Ebony Maw bug against cosmics while in Black Tongue

Hi to you all.

I am making this post to check with you if what I have detected is a bug or not, and if anyone has experienced it too.

My doubt is about Ebony Maw falter ability and its interaction with Black Tongue. In his abilities, it is stated that falter lasts for 3 seconds in general, and 4 against cosmics. It also states that during Black Tongue, once every 15 seconds the falter described above is applied. However, when doing a test with him after duping him against ROL Winter Soldier and OG Captain Marvel, I felt something strange: once in Black Tongue, the falter applied to Cap Marvel seemed shorter.

To check it, I decided to take some time measurements with my watch's chrono to test it. To have better accuracy over the duration of the falter, I used the falter refresh mechanic after the last hit of the second Special attack. At the moment I saw the falter refreshing, I paused the game, I clicked in the chrono and then unpaused the game (with that I check to do measurements slightly higher than the real time). I stopped the timer when falter runned out as fast as I could.

After all that, I got a duration of the falter between 3.5 and 3.9 seconds against Winter Soldier, both during the ramp up and while in Black Tongue. However, with Captain Marvel I got a time of 4.9 seconds while ramping up, but 3.9 seconds once in Black Tongue.

I am not sure if that is intended or not, that is why I post it here. If it is, I would find particularly strange to lose the extra duration. If not, I hope that the team tries to solve it.

If someone is able to take this on video I would thank it a lot.

Thank you for your attention.

Comments

• Options
    e_BULKe_BULK Posts: 23
    I have checked it too against a Gamora in the EQ and a CGR in the SQ, with similar results. So it seems to be something related to the moveset and independent from the mode.
  • Options
    I experience the same problem with Ebony maw🤕
  • Options
    I am sorry for reviving this post, but I think that this might become more important with the affluence of 7 star Maws out there.

Besides, its inclusion into the 7 star selector has provided us gameplay in which the reduced duration is appreciable.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHywOyPNvMI

On this video from the youtuber Nagase you can see in the Hela fight a 4 second falter around the 2:40 mark, and a 3 seconds one around the 3:10 mark while in Black Tongue.

I hope that helps to clarify what I was reffering to, and I would really appreciate any further insight about it.

Thank you.
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 701 ★★★
    e_BULK said:

Hi to you all.

I am making this post to check with you if what I have detected is a bug or not, and if anyone has experienced it too.

My doubt is about Ebony Maw falter ability and its interaction with Black Tongue. In his abilities, it is stated that falter lasts for 3 seconds in general, and 4 against cosmics. It also states that during Black Tongue, once every 15 seconds the falter described above is applied. However, when doing a test with him after duping him against ROL Winter Soldier and OG Captain Marvel, I felt something strange: once in Black Tongue, the falter applied to Cap Marvel seemed shorter.

To check it, I decided to take some time measurements with my watch's chrono to test it. To have better accuracy over the duration of the falter, I used the falter refresh mechanic after the last hit of the second Special attack. At the moment I saw the falter refreshing, I paused the game, I clicked in the chrono and then unpaused the game (with that I check to do measurements slightly higher than the real time). I stopped the timer when falter runned out as fast as I could.

After all that, I got a duration of the falter between 3.5 and 3.9 seconds against Winter Soldier, both during the ramp up and while in Black Tongue. However, with Captain Marvel I got a time of 4.9 seconds while ramping up, but 3.9 seconds once in Black Tongue.

I am not sure if that is intended or not, that is why I post it here. If it is, I would find particularly strange to lose the extra duration. If not, I hope that the team tries to solve it.

If someone is able to take this on video I would thank it a lot.

Thank you for your attention.

Bro why you didnt just record the fight then measure it?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Because I didn't have any screen recording app, nor space to install it, but I had a chrono and a bit of patience.