**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What happened to the older champ buff program?

Hey all!

As the title suggests, I’d love to know where the champ buff program for older champs went. I feel like even though every older champ updates didn’t hit the mark all the time on the expectations that the community had for a specific champ, I still highly enjoyed the updates that brought new life into older champs. I have a lot of older champs that I really enjoy now that got their updates. I am the type of player that likes finding niche uses for champs because I believe that even if they aren’t best in class, every champ is useful one way or another. Do you all like seeing older champs get some love even though they weren’t always super strong updates?

Comments

• Options
    PulliPulli Posts: 116
    Battlegrounds and relics have been the focus for quite a while.

There's been some high level of investing into both these new additions over the past year.

I miss these older champ bus too. (But if a champ buff is going to make certain creators, make a video and say " well they're better than before") then there won't be as much investment into rank up materials for these champs. Especially if there is a champ in the same class that can do the same things but much better.

The champ buffs take time and resources. And if there isn't a way to increase profits from this time and resources, then it will be at the bottom of kabams list.

But this is kind of going under the radar over the past year, and I do agree with you that they need to bring this back.

And when the seven star pool starts to grow in size, kabam will need more and more champs to put into these crystals. Which should spark the whole champion buffing conversation again.

Since the driving factor of champion buffs was that people were tired of grinding for shards and putting time into the game and pulling a six star Groot.

So if kabam is adding these groots, rhinos, iron fists, iron Man's, Cyclops's etc. to The seven Star Crystal, then the buffing thing will come back up.

But if kabam doesn't put these champions into the base pool for seven stars, I don't see these buffs starting up again anytime soon.

But this conversation should be highlighted in the general discussion.
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 476 ★★★
    Unfortunately the old champ buff program seems to have turned into the rebalance new champs program.
  • Options
    OmniformOmniform Posts: 57
    Pulli said:

Battlegrounds and relics have been the focus for quite a while.

There's been some high level of investing into both these new additions over the past year.

I miss these older champ bus too. (But if a champ buff is going to make certain creators, make a video and say " well they're better than before") then there won't be as much investment into rank up materials for these champs. Especially if there is a champ in the same class that can do the same things but much better.

The champ buffs take time and resources. And if there isn't a way to increase profits from this time and resources, then it will be at the bottom of kabams list.

But this is kind of going under the radar over the past year, and I do agree with you that they need to bring this back.

And when the seven star pool starts to grow in size, kabam will need more and more champs to put into these crystals. Which should spark the whole champion buffing conversation again.

Since the driving factor of champion buffs was that people were tired of grinding for shards and putting time into the game and pulling a six star Groot.

So if kabam is adding these groots, rhinos, iron fists, iron Man's, Cyclops's etc. to The seven Star Crystal, then the buffing thing will come back up.

But if kabam doesn't put these champions into the base pool for seven stars, I don't see these buffs starting up again anytime soon.

But this conversation should be highlighted in the general discussion.

Oh I definitely understand why they’re doing it at the moment just kinda sucks. But I agree, once they start running out of 7* options they will probably have to start it up again definitely. I always look forward to buffing up older champs cause it can be a revisit to the characters theme and I know people would rank up older champs in a heartbeat if they started getting buffs again cause one of the main reasons why I do some “out there” rank ups is cause I love the character themselves. Reason why I have an R4 Sig 200 Sentry is cause I think the character is dope and the kit is decent, best in class? Not in the current state of his kit but I still have heaps of fun with him.