New AW map simply takes away my desire to play war

New AW map simply takes away my desire to play war.
Why take such sensitive content where kills actually counts and confuse it? What's the stupid logic behind that move?

Comments

• MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    I don’t understand why everyone hates the new layout so much. Yes, it looks a little more confusing when you see the portals and all the separate islands, but I really think the flow of it will become more intuitive once people get a chance to play on it. It provides more flexibility in choosing fights and removes a lot of choke points. I think the map layout is an overall positive improvement on war
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Maratox said:

I don’t understand why everyone hates the new layout so much. Yes, it looks a little more confusing when you see the portals and all the separate islands, but I really think the flow of it will become more intuitive once people get a chance to play on it. It provides more flexibility in choosing fights and removes a lot of choke points. I think the map layout is an overall positive improvement on war

Agreed. Yes placing defenders has become more confusing, but it's literally the first time we're seeing the map. Once people become accustomed to it it will be fine. The node progression seems weird, like having all the Hazard Shift nodes on the same section but different paths, but again, we have an entire off season to actually play with it.

If the map change makes someone decide not to play war, I'm pretty sure they were already fed up with the game mode and were just looking for an excuse.

My only question is energy - will the teleportation nodes cost everyone energy or only the first person to use them (assuming you're going to the same sector). I suppose it doesn't really matter, considering the attack phase is now two days long - but it would still be an increase in energy use if it requires everyone to spend in order to transport.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,884 ★★★★★
    They changed the map? When lol!?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★

Yesterday .

And I despise this background …..

• AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,000 ★★★★

Yesterday .

And I despise this background …..

It's Egypt
  • Red_Lightning02Red_Lightning02 Member Posts: 128
    Season went live and I got a headache only looking at the new map when it's filled up with defenders.
    I miss the old one so much lol
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    It's not confusing though
    The map is actually much simpler than the earlier one
    The only issue I found was that now 3 guys need to have HS counters in their team, & that path 6 has been made too restrictive just to counter Nimrod
  • GuytennisGuytennis Member Posts: 420 ★★★

New AW map simply takes away my desire to play war.
    Why take such sensitive content where kills actually counts and confuse it? What's the stupid logic behind that move?

Did you previously have a desire to play war?
  • KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 323 ★★★
    new war map gives me headaches to look at

what ever happened to having a simple mao with straight lines to boss

we should actually start doing 10 lane maps

all of them in a straight line straight to boss island
  • WrathofChanWrathofChan Member Posts: 2
    It's horrific, no issue with the first couple sections but the mini boss area is a mess and will be a nightmare to plan and organise