Options

Ascension dust

Kabam, why do we have to do soo much BG to get the dust to ascend a 6*? Completing 16 BG is all fine and dandy but winning 16 matches? Come on. It’s bad enough that for people who despise the game mode to begin with now have to deal with modders, OP rosters, and bugs in the game. Competing in matches is fine. I can set my phone down and let it play out and have the modders feel good about themselves. But I don’t care to actively engage with them in a mode that is terrible anyways.

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,393 ★★★★★
    Skill issue
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    What makes it terrible? That you aren't as good as your opponents?
  • Options
    dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 179
    edited September 2023
    Oh yes I forgot. I posted now the “get gud” mob needs to roll out from under their bridge and post. While I may not be a sweaty palms, play every hour gamer, I did make paragon, explore all story content and end game content. So please explain to me how I’m supposed to have SkIlLs to beat modders and account for lag and input drops in the game
  • Options
    You aren't the only one dealing with any of those issues... we all do lol
  • Options
    DudeMaGudeDudeMaGude Posts: 87
    edited September 2023

Oh yes I forgot. I posted now the “get gud” mob needs to roll out from under their bridge and post. While I may not be a sweaty palms, play every hour gamer, I did make paragon, explore all story content and end game content. So please explain to me how I’m supposed to have SkIlLs to beat modders and account for lag and input drops in the game

I have both gone heavy on playing BGs, and I have played them very sparingly. I have experienced modders, yes, but it is pretty infrequent tbh. It will take some time and effort to collect your final 20 dust, but why would you expect kabam to just hand it to you? You need to earn it now, or you need to wait until it becomes available in some other game avenue. You are getting these "get gud" responses because there is no excuse other than poor skills or lack of effort to complete the BGs objectives.
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★
    I agree it feels kinda grindy but you can't expect to get one of the most valuable items like 10k 6 star relic shard or 6 star ancesion to be easy.
  • Options
    Bro, they have literally handed us 180 dust particles. Were they behind objectives. Absolutely. Were those objectives difficult, absolutely not. The final 20 is in a game mode that is not only broken, but full of modders. Why put the last 20 in that mode of the game behind 16 wins? It makes no sense
  • Options
    I don’t even care about the relic shards tbh. I only put them on champs if the nodes in the game require it. Relics have yet to show me they deserve my time and energy
  • Options
    How dare they expect you to earn something after they gave you 90%. It's unbelievable
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 699 ★★★★

Bro, they have literally handed us 180 dust particles. Were they behind objectives. Absolutely. Were those objectives difficult, absolutely not. The final 20 is in a game mode that is not only broken, but full of modders. Why put the last 20 in that mode of the game behind 16 wins? It makes no sense

Yes, there are modders and bugs in BG, but either I am very lucky or you are very unlucky if that's what is handicapping you from this. It is rare that I actually face someone who is obviously cheating, and if you are the same way, you can't use that as a shield to hide behind
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    It's such BS that we have to actually earn the rewards this month. It's so unfair!!!!
  • Options
    A shield to hide behind? Yea naw. BG is just as/if not more riddled with cheaters than arenas. The difference, the cheaters in arena don’t prevent me from obtaining units. As for the “earning” comment. They made 90% low hanging fruit then threw the last 10% in a game mode everyone knows is not functional to what it is intended to be and riddled with cheaters. So yea, I’ll continue to say that 16 WINS on top of 16 completions was an excessive objective to have.
  • Options

It's such BS that we have to actually earn the rewards this month. It's so unfair!!!!

Again, if you read the original post. I’m just saying that 32 matches MINIMUM in BG is excessive because of how BG is as a mode. I have no problem with putting in time and effort into obtaining the dust. But in BG, naw. I don’t play games for PvP. Especially when PvP is riddled with cheats and “visual glitches”
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    They should give it away for free!
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 699 ★★★★
    I'm curious, how often do you face modders?
  • Options
    I love the idiots on this post that use hyperbole and think they are cute. And @WinterFields at least 2 times a day.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    I like they did it this way it’s getting some of my lazy alliance mates to grind BGs when they normally wouldn’t. Helps them and the alliance at the same time, so it’s a win for everyone.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,393 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

I love the idiots on this post that use hyperbole and think they are cute. And @WinterFields at least 2 times a day.

We arent being hyperbolic. You're just acting like an idiot
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Again, if you read the original post. I’m just saying that 32 matches MINIMUM in BG is excessive because of how BG is as a mode. I have no problem with putting in time and effort into obtaining the dust. But in BG, naw. I don’t play games for PvP. Especially when PvP is riddled with cheats and “visual glitches”
    Plus they only gave us a whole month to do it!!!!
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    If this BGs objective is too much then don't do it and wait until the next opportunity to grab som T2 dust.

It's not like this is the last opportunity to get any so for those that want to do the BGs grind they can and they'll be rewarded, those that don't can simply wait.
  • Options
    dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 179
    edited September 2023
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I stated an issue I have with the game. Y’all came in with the “gid gud” mob and started acting hyperbolic. If you disagree that’s fine but acting like trolls is another thing entirely.
  • Options
    Manup456 said:

I like they did it this way it’s getting some of my lazy alliance mates to grind BGs when they normally wouldn’t. Helps them and the alliance at the same time, so it’s a win for everyone.

I can see how it helps. But I switched to energy to avoid cheaters in the game. And I know winning or losing with energy contributes basically nothing
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    BGs is a grind anyway with the change to the tokens and tiers.

Let's not forget that this objective is a complete and total bonus of stuff that most would be getting anyway

BGs probably has the best rewards and store in the entire game.

Do I love it? No

Does it irritate me like crazy at times? Yes

Will I complete my individual event? Yes

I don't go crazy on BGs at all. And you actually do get decent points using energy, at the very least you will work toward your objective.

Good luck in whatever you decide. But your complaints aren't really warranted. You don't want to play BGs for X reason, don't play BGs and don't get the rewards. Both are your decision to make.