**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

If u could swap the class of a champion which one would it be

13»

Comments

• Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,191 ★★★★

I remember a meme that asked why mojo and longshot we're mystics can someone explain for us who does'nt know the comics ?

Longshot is not a mutant, like Deadpool, he was mutated, he was created by the using of magical means on Mojoverse, Mojo is the magical being that controls Mojo verse and has this mystical abilities
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,191 ★★★★

Searmenis said:

The Quicksilver we have in the game is post 2015, so he s not a mutant. Scarlet Witch is from Silver-Bronze age something, so she is one. Magic, Phoenix and Longshot are also mutants.
    Falcon and Crossbones should be Tech, Nick Fury as well... well, many skill champions are actually tech powered.
    Stryfe could be Science, since he s a lab doppelganger.
    Hercules is Skill.
    And of course, Unstoppable Colossus is mutant.

Magik should still be a mystic, as she mainly gets her powers from the Limbo dimension, a mystical realm outside of our universe
    Phoenix should still be a cosmic, as the character in-game isn't the Jean Grey version, but is powered by the Phoenix Force, a cosmic entity
    I agree, Longshot should be a mutant. To this day I still don't understand why he is a mystic.
    Falcon, Crossbones and NF should remain skill champions. Although they are supported by technology, they mostly rely on skills to fight opponents.
    Stryfe should remain as a mutant, as he is a clone of Cable made from Cable's DNA, which contains the infamous X gene, the gene that turns normal humans into mutants
    Hercules should remain as cosmic, as he is an Olympian and the son of Zeus, a cosmic god.
    Unstoppable Colossus should have been a mutant.
    Hércules is not an Olympian as he doesn’t sit with the twelve Olympians and he’s actually a demi-god.
    Unstoppable Colossus uses the same power Juggernaut uses, the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak
  • Options
    Musha27Musha27 Posts: 119
    Modok should be tech
    Ghost should be science (she has powers without the suit, the suit just keeps stable) or skill coz she's S.H.I.E.L.D used her as a spy
    Moon Dragon should be mystic
  • Options
    FantomaxopFantomaxop Posts: 127 ★★
    Diablo should be science. He got his powers through self experimentation with potions and alchemy. Becoming superhuman after drinking some synthetic booze is origin of literally like 90% science champs.
    I feel like entire Ant-man family fit tech class better since they are defined by their unique technology, pym-particles, and their suits. They have no powers without them.
    Black panther CW and Killmonger are both capable fighters, but characters are defined by their unique suits that absorb kinetic energy. Might as well be tech.
    Gamora is skill.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Ghost is a weird one. She is a tech champ in the game but she has skill based abilities (precision and cruelty, evade counter), while lacking traditional tech abilities such as heal block and prowess control. Also based on her origins she could have also been Science as well.
  • Options

Hulk on skill, it kinda makes no sense he has a disadvantage against skill champs

If you watch Hulk vs Thanos fight in infinity war you will see Skill > Brute strength 😉
    Thanos is a cosmic.
  • Options

Diablo should be science. He got his powers through self experimentation with potions and alchemy. Becoming superhuman after drinking some synthetic booze is origin of literally like 90% science champs.
    I feel like entire Ant-man family fit tech class better since they are defined by their unique technology, pym-particles, and their suits. They have no powers without them.
    Black panther CW and Killmonger are both capable fighters, but characters are defined by their unique suits that absorb kinetic energy. Might as well be tech.
    Gamora is skill.

Alchemy is associated more with the mystic arts rather than science. Black Panther and Killmonger in the movies rely more on their training rather than their gear. Pym particles are a scientific discovery. Kinda agree with Gamora though since she doesn’t really have cosmic powers
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★

Personally, it's always bothered me that Sinister is listed as a mutant. He should be science. Yes I know he was further augmented by Apocalypse, but that's tech. His fundamental has always been science...

And I also know that in 2019 a Mr. Sinister clone appeared who had an X-Gene, so it's possible... and okay, Sinister appeared in the game in 2019, but he appeared in February and that comic didn't happen until November so.. MCOC released a spoiler. Okay.. whatever I can conceivably understand why he's a mutant, but I'll die on this hill, he should be science. A clone of Sinister eventually developing an X-Gene is still a clone of a person who scientifically augmented himself to be a mutate.

I know this is an old one, but I wanted to lend my opinion/observation on this.

Mister Sinister has been augmenting himself with Mutant DNA for a long time, in addition to and isolated from the enhancements he received from Apocalypse. I believe this would put him in the "Mutate" category, like Deadpool, and thus Mutant makes sense for the game.

Additionally, the Mutant Clone you're referring to that had the X-Gene actually first appeared in X-Men books during Utopia around the time of Schism, in 2011, way before the Krakoa era and his inclusion in the game.
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Lady Deathstrike, Phoenix, Magik, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch (classic) - Mutant or X-men tag
    Karnak, Korg, Thor (Rag), Valkyrie - Cosmic Or Gamora and Star-Lord - Skill
    Deadpool, Mr Sinister - Science
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★

Lady Deathstrike, Phoenix, Magik, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch (classic) - Mutant or X-men tag
    Karnak, Korg, Thor (Rag), Valkyrie - Cosmic Or Gamora and Star-Lord - Skill
    Deadpool, Mr Sinister - Science

Phoenix should not be mutant, cosmic is perfect. Still Waiting for Mutant Jean Grey to join the contest tho.

Magik is fine with the Mystic class.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver could've been Mutant class, Witch is more debatable but yes Pietro. However, since they've been retconned and it's already been 10 years, it's sticking, for now.

As for the X-Men tag on them, I don't really think so. Wanda has NEVER been an X-Men member and spends almost all her time with the Avengers. The only time she really did anything to the X-Men was when she decimated the mutant population.

Quicksilver, while being much more associated with the X-Men and mutants, has nearly always been a member of X-Factor: in the 90's, the 00's and even '10's (all under Peter David). So not really an X-Man.
  • Options
    GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 217
    Whoever chooses will have a question, because there are champions with dual classes
    iron fist: mystic - skill
    Doom: mistico-tec
    Aegon: skill - mystic
    and so on...
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,559 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Dr Doom and F4 .... why are they science and mystic? Shouldn't they be cosmic, I seem to recall them all getting their powers from a cosmic storm or something like that. Either way, they should all be the same class, surely 🤷‍♂️.

Yeah that one never made any sense, they got their powers from the same source. Why is one mystic and the others science.
    Dr.Doom is actually a sorcerer, but as far as i know he doesn't have a doctorate, so technichally he's just doom
    That answers that one but why are F4 science when they got their power from a cosmic storm of some form 🤷‍♂️ not exactly a science experiment like spidey or hulk
    They're not Cosmic entities and they don't get their power from Cosmic entities. You could argue that sending them up into space WAS the science experiment they got their powers from
    I'm not saying they are cosmic entities. I'm saying that, as far as I'm aware, they got their abilities for a cosmic storm of some form, not a science experiment. Think CMM she's human yet got her powers from a cosmic way and she isn't science 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 287 ★★★
    Gorr should be magic, class advantage of the #god tagged champions and he literally uses magic as his power. Its like how mantis and moon dragon are from space but still use martial art which define them as skill. Also i don’t know why dragon man is mystic when he should be tech.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Gorr is debatable. Dragon Man was a robot who was brought to life by Diablo using alchemy (magic). Mantis and Moondragon were normal humans before they got their training and superpowers
  • Options

Domino should not be mutant, luck is not something that mutates...

It's probability field manipulation similar to classic SW.