How can I play MCOC in China?

Follow up from my previous discussion,

Still having trouble logging into MCOC as im still in China, I have a VPN but it's not helping. Game gives me the above error and refuses to let me in

Comments

• BlueMelonBlueMelon Member Posts: 6

This is the error code given
    I can't complete any AQ or AW, and as I'm part of an alliance that requires me to be present for both, having this issue won't help

If anyone has a solution for this, please help
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★
    Is it true you guys only get to play videogames for 1 hours only a day?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    BlueMelon said:

Still having trouble logging into MCOC as im still in China, I have a VPN but it's not helping. Game gives me the above error and refuses to let me in

Question: when you first got to China, did you try playing the game without using the VPN first, then switch to using a VPN?
    DNA3000 said:

BlueMelon said:

Question: when you first got to China, did you try playing the game without using the VPN first, then switch to using a VPN?
    I did do that, if that's the root of the problem how can I fix it?
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    BlueMelon said:

DNA3000 said:

BlueMelon said:

Hear me out. The first thing you need to do is find a Bat
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    BlueMelon said:

DNA3000 said:

BlueMelon said:

Double check your VPN. Either you haven't configured it correctly, or somehow MCOC isn't using it, or there's a defect in the VPN that is causing your game to appear to still be coming from China. Make sure the egress point for the VPN is definitely outside of China (and pro-tip: Hong Kong is still in China), make sure it is on before you start the game client up, and if necessary force close the game and reopen it while the VPN is operating, and make sure it is operating for other traffic before starting MCOC. Test by using an IP address detector such as ipchicken.com or whatsmyip.com, which will tell you what IP address you appear to be coming from and where that IP is being geolocated as being.