Deep dive for Morbius is out

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,347 ★★★★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
https://youtu.be/tWy-QpF3aF8?si=SoIdcSkXOyfPdd2Q

Looks promising so far. No synergies shown however

Comments

• SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,246 ★★★★
    Just concerned there is great utility behind the sig ability so might be some disappointed people who paid for the plat passes (in fairness... they didn't know what they were paying for)
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,347 ★★★★★
    Yeah that’s my only concern with the champ
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,347 ★★★★★
    Still hoping there’s a good synergy with Blade and Spidey.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,001 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Aren't psychionic glides just intercepts or there is a difference?

Also he is the first champ who seems to use blood in special animations.
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    SandeepS said:

Just concerned there is great utility behind the sig ability so might be some disappointed people who paid for the plat passes (in fairness... they didn't know what they were paying for)

I mean i did paid and i'm still thinking if i get a 6* and use a gem or 1 7*....the thing that i liked the most about him is the ability to counter the special attack so my head is heading for the 7* version a little bit, but i'll wait for a couple more reviews
  • ZilliaxerZilliaxer Member Posts: 85
    So...he need to be awakened for killing almost everyone with ruptures, sadly i do not think that kabam gives for the players who bought a pass morbius dupe...
  • kevhugokevhugo Member Posts: 138 ★★
    edited September 2023
    I'm really undecided at the moment. The only work around LC would have him be immune to poison, so that he wouldn't be immortal for the entire match.

Zilliaxer said:

So...he need to be awakened for killing almost everyone with ruptures, sadly i do not think that kabam gives for the players who bought a pass morbius dupe...

So he can't be used for every champion in the game as soon as he's pulled. So what? Not every champion can be the answer for every champion. I swear, you people will complain about literally everything. And now you have me defending Kabam, so thanks for that
    Dude i am just saying that players pay money for champion who should be better for example than scorpion who has damage kit unduped or quicksilver so...

Zilliaxer said:

Zilliaxer said:

So he can't be used for every champion in the game as soon as he's pulled. So what? Not every champion can be the answer for every champion. I swear, you people will complain about literally everything. And now you have me defending Kabam, so thanks for that
    Dude i am just saying that players pay money for champion who should be better for example than scorpion who has damage kit unduped or quicksilver so...
    You payed money for Morbius, not Morbius and his dupe. That's not how it works
    Sure you are right,(waiting for 7* awkening gem(grey):)
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,098 ★★★
    Squammo said:

I need some further explanation of his undying. The way it’s shown seems like having a permanent poison from LC on him makes him immortal? I don’t really get that part. I’m probably missing something here.

The undying only prevents him from being knocked out by direct damage, he can still die to getting hit, blocking an attack, I assume non-direct dot like incinerate, or a special that he can't fully dex/phase.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,387 ★★★★★
    It looks like its not just the dupe that is important, but the sig 200 as well (like most people predicted as banter) since you really want to have a 100% chance to get those ruptures otherwise you’ll get a fraction of how many bleeds you’d normally place.

Why is this important? Theres tanky bleed immune defenders in BGs that’ll completely slow him down. 7 star dragon man and man gog are even a class advantage but he won’t even make a dent to them unduped or low sig.

Looks to me like Hulk is still the better r2 choice, especially for BGs
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,098 ★★★
    Polygon said:

It looks like its not just the dupe that is important, but the sig 200 as well (like most people predicted as banter) since you really want to have a 100% chance to get those ruptures otherwise you’ll get a fraction of how many bleeds you’d normally place.

Why is this important? Theres tanky bleed immune defenders in BGs that’ll completely slow him down. 7 star dragon man and man gog are even a class advantage but he won’t even make a dent to them unduped or low sig.

Looks to me like Hulk is still the better r2 choice, especially for BGs

I feel like you're really over estimating the importance of the sig. sure it helps to be able to tackle bleed immune champs but unless the entire opposite team is bleed immune you'll still be able to use him. He looks insane even without the sig, so the ability to have a few more champions that he can work against isn't as essential as you're making it out to be.

If you genuinely still think that people were right when joking about him only being free because he would need high sig then you're not giving him the fairest shake tbh.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Member Posts: 822 ★★★★
    I’m excited to get him! Do I want him awakened? Of course but I had a feeling the sig would matter for him. I wish there was an easier way to dupe him ( I don’t love the titan crystal set up vs featured crystals ) but hey that’s the game. I might even open a few featured paragon crystals ( which I suspect is there hope in selling this champ) but realistically he’ll be unawakened for awhile. That’s ok. I think I’ll still really enjoy him. I’m just hoping he has a cool synergy with my Elsa and Blade.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 ★★★★★
    People are seriously already complaining? Of course the dupe will help but it's not like he's useless without it... Some people I swear lol it's like they didn't watch him destroy Rintrah and Doom like it was nothing
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 827 ★★★
    Since he's a science champ I knew sig would play an important part but I'm glad he is still an awesome champion and has all his damage even without awakening.
    The awakening is really a great added bonus for questing and stuff but for BG's he's gonna morb most of the non-bleed immune matchups.

I'm definitely going for the 7* and can get him to R4 sig200 later when his 6* featured is released.
    Just hoping for some useful synergies with Elsa and Blade.
  • flapjaxflapjax Member Posts: 285 ★★★
    Unawakened there's really only 3 "meta" Mystic fights he can't do; Mangog, Dragon Man and Man Thing. Awakened he can do the first 2 but Man Thing is unlikely with Poison and the crit reduction.

It would have been nice if the Rupture was in his base kit, maybe just at like 50% and then the sig bumps it to 100%, but it's not the end of the world if there's a handful of defenders you can't Morb.