**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Paragon Gauntlet Early [merged]

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    i mean....considering kabam used to mess up these kind of events in the past (rift one, they gave the one who didn't exploit it compensation) , i think kabam will give those rewards out later on this month .
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Jack2634 said:

i mean....considering kabam used to mess up these kind of events in the past (rift one, they gave the one who didn't exploit it compensation) , i think kabam will give those rewards out later on this month .

I'm not entirely sure about that one. The number of people who did it early isn't exactly high enough to have a significant impact. They responded quickly enough.
  • Options
    KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    Really hope this “must 100% eq” thing doesn’t stick it’s really off putting when it’s just a grind.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Kiptonade said:

Really hope this “must 100% eq” thing doesn’t stick it’s really off putting when it’s just a grind.

It might change if a Paragon difficulty is ever made but for now, it's fine.
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 634 ★★★
    edited October 2023

Jack2634 said:

I'm not entirely sure about that one. The number of people who did it early isn't exactly high enough to have a significant impact. They responded quickly enough.
    Were you one of them?
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Alright, update time!

So: this was obviously not intended, and the team is working right now to make sure the access parameters are where they were meant to be.

Anyone who was able to run the ParaGauntlet before we fixed this: we will not be removing rewards. The rationale is as follows: Players who finished the Gauntlet early, would likely have access to it properly by the end of the event.

We are fixing the map to add back in the champ swap nodes. If you already finished the Gauntlet, this doesn't impact you. If you're in the middle of a run, it shouldn't boot you from the quest. If you haven't done it yet, you should have Swap Nodes shortly.

Are you sure they won’t be able to do it a second time? We all saw how grandmasters gauntlet went
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 544 ★★★
    I did complete it before they locked it and it shows 100% complete, so I will not be able to get thise rewards again
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    Kiptonade said:

It just interferes with the people that do EQ completion in which we have to space the exploration through 4 weeks
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★

I did complete it before they locked it and it shows 100% complete, so I will not be able to get thise rewards again

Hopefully that is the case. But last months SQ also showed 100% complete and we got rewards for every completion.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,410 ★★★★★

Hopefully that is the case. But last months SQ also showed 100% complete and we got rewards for every completion.
    Thats because the sq was a repeat reward this is only a 1 time thing so once it shows 100% thats it no more rewards after that
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

Jack2634 said:

Were you one of them?
    No.
  • Options
    Crow9074Crow9074 Posts: 66
    The issue I have with this is Kabam needs to make up their mind about the exploits being done. Some months they basically reward the exploits by letting them keep the stuff. Other months they punish them by giving out free stuff to those who don't exploit it...like that month where they miss valued the 1,000 6* shards for 10,000 6* shards. The exploiters got like 20 6* when they were only supposed to get 2 then just let them keep them all.
    Yea, on the surface this isn't that big of deal but when it's a repeat thing of letting them keep the items it's just going to lead to more people taking advantage of the exploits if they see them because there's a chance they will keep whatever they gained from the exploit.
  • Options
    NoıreNoıre Posts: 80
    I'm asking just in case because you can never be too sure.

I finished the gauntlet early before reading this post, is it safe to open the rewards? I don't want to risk a ban on my account.
  • Options
    Noıre said:

I'm asking just in case because you can never be too sure.

I finished the gauntlet early before reading this post, is it safe to open the rewards? I don't want to risk a ban on my account.

Yes it's safe.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 287 ★★★
    Crow9074 said:

The issue I have with this is Kabam needs to make up their mind about the exploits being done. Some months they basically reward the exploits by letting them keep the stuff. Other months they punish them by giving out free stuff to those who don't exploit it...like that month where they miss valued the 1,000 6* shards for 10,000 6* shards. The exploiters got like 20 6* when they were only supposed to get 2 then just let them keep them all.
    Yea, on the surface this isn't that big of deal but when it's a repeat thing of letting them keep the items it's just going to lead to more people taking advantage of the exploits if they see them because there's a chance they will keep whatever they gained from the exploit.

They need to assess the impact of the bug and how much effort they can realistically put out to fix it. IF the game is ground breaking then they will obviously have to step in. This one was unfortunate but nothing ground breaking. The rewards are something they could have easily gotten and if someone made the effort to go all the way to the event quest tab then that means they most likely would have done 100% on Thornbreaker anyways. Most if not all will go back to do Thornbreaker anyways because they are monthly quest which give them something to grind for.
  • Options
    Just circling back to this to confirm what has been theorized by a few in this thread:

Summoners who finished the ParaGauntlet prior to us correcting the error will not be able to collect the rewards a second time.

Thanks, Summoners!
  • Options
    JetenyoJetenyo Posts: 139
    Why not just keep it unlocked? Anyone who listened and didn't run it has to complete TB before they can access it now.
    Anyone who didn't listen and completed it get the rewards without the additional work.

As far as I can tell Kabam just punished the players who DIDN'T take advantage by running it without a key...
  • Options
    Jetenyo said:

Why not just keep it unlocked? Anyone who listened and didn't run it has to complete TB before they can access it now.
    Anyone who didn't listen and completed it get the rewards without the additional work.

As far as I can tell Kabam just punished the players who DIDN'T take advantage by running it without a key...

When you say punished, you mean having them complete the content as intended?
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,819 ★★★★★

Jetenyo said:

When you say punished, you mean having them complete the content as intended?
    That’s true, but tbh it would’ve been nice if they just left it unlocked for us. Usually when people go through and do stuff like this, they just keep it as is for the month. I would’ve ran it through if I knew they weren’t going to do anything about it cause exploring TB sucks