What is the battlegrounds matchmaking based on?

AprobliAprobli Member Posts: 13
I thought it was based on average power between your deck until I got to platinum 2. My average deck power is like 11,000-12000 and the people I fight have an average of like 18000 now. Their lowest guys are like 16000 which is way higher than my average. They also have a lot more meta characters than me so I genuinely can not win against them. I was very confused when I got to platinum 2 since I didn't have a problem against my enemies before this since they were around my level. Are there just not a lot of people my level in platinum 2 or is there a different way that matchmaking works?

Comments

• WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    Matchmaking is only based on being in the same Tier. You fight others in the same Tier.

Below Plat 2 they are generous to have separated Matchmaking for smaller accounts, so you get matched with weaker opponents than you normally would get.
  • AprobliAprobli Member Posts: 13
    WOLF_LINK said:

Matchmaking is only based on being in the same Tier. You fight others in the same Tier.

Below Plat 2 they are generous to have separated Matchmaking for smaller accounts, so you get matched with weaker opponents than you normally would get.

Thank you for your reply! That makes a lot of sense I didn't really think of that.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    From bronze 3 to platinum 3 matchmaking is based on the prestige of your top 5 champions, after that it’s a free for all. The matchmaking system goes away, so you’ll match anyone searching for a match in platinum 2 regardless of any roster difference. The purpose of it is to prevent uncollected & cav players from getting a free ride to gc because of being shielded by matchmaking, while paragons have to struggle to get there due to always matching tough opponents.