AW expectations for death counts

Jseakin81Jseakin81 Member Posts: 23
I am curious to see what the “normal” or expected death counts are from different levels of war. We recently moved from t6 to t5 which is a big change due to tactics and I feel like our death rate is VERY high and we have been quite fortunate to win a few wars despite this, but I don’t have anything to compare it with to be fair. Can you guys share which level or tier you are at and what your typical death count is in war? We are gold one and t5 and are around 100 deaths per war. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Comments

• Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    When we moved to tier 5, it was a learning curve adjusting to the new tactics, bans, and different nodes.

We are tier 4 and we are around 40-50 deaths average per war.
  • Jseakin81Jseakin81 Member Posts: 23
    Matty_Ice said:

When we moved to tier 5, it was a learning curve adjusting to the new tactics, bans, and different nodes.

We are tier 4 and we are around 40-50 deaths average per war.

Great thank you for the response !
  • Wong_98Wong_98 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    100 deaths per war and your in t5? Dang, that’s impressive
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,443 ★★★★★
    Wong_98 said:

100 deaths per war and your in t5? Dang, that’s impressive

Could be 30 deaths against boss in each BG for a grand total of 90 on just 3 fights.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,375 ★★★★
    is it a skill thing at t5?
    or are people not boosting? not using potions?
    we are t4 hoping to push to t3 (next win might do it)
    we are currently in the spot of it has to be under 30 but trying to cut that down.
    path deaths are where the focus to avoid is....
    in an ideal world path deaths are nothing and only deaths are on minis however lately it actually seems we are doing better on the islands and the bosses.
    all it takes is 1-2 people to have a bad war and the death count climbs a bit.
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 584 ★★★
    We have been stuck on tier 6 forever but our deaths are always around 50. Trying to reduce that to 30 but got some people with developing rosters. Occasionally the team goes crazy and gives 70-80 deaths and then the officers micro manage the performance to bring the deaths to 30-40 per war.

I am surprised your alliance is able to hold a t5 spot with 100 deaths. You must be having a few players giving lots of deaths while the others are playing perfectly. Your attack bonus is keeping steady that way
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Member Posts: 1,027 ★★★★
    Tier 4 and we’ve average 53 this season.
    We are 4-2 this season and average 40.5 deaths in wins and 78 deaths in losses.
    Ansh_A said:

We have been stuck on tier 6 forever but our deaths are always around 50. Trying to reduce that to 30 but got some people with developing rosters. Occasionally the team goes crazy and gives 70-80 deaths and then the officers micro manage the performance to bring the deaths to 30-40 per war.

I am surprised your alliance is able to hold a t5 spot with 100 deaths. You must be having a few players giving lots of deaths while the others are playing perfectly. Your attack bonus is keeping steady that way

We have a fairly wide range of accounts and skill levels. Our smallest account sits around 1.4 million and the largest is 4.5 million. We have a few members that take significantly more fights than others to try and protect the smaller accounts. As an example last season I took 123 fights (10.25 per war) and all of the bosses whereas one of our smaller accounts took 27 fights on the season (2.25 per war). Obviously that helps but with the new map we can only take a maximum of 10 fights and that has produced an uptick in our totals. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to track where the deaths come from specifically due to time restraints. I can only cross reference our sign up sheets with the map since that stat isn't available like offensively and defensively kills are. **Wink Wink Kabam get on that one please :) Anyway I appreciate everyone's feedback here I am sure we will drop back down and were just very fortunate with our early matchups.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,510 ★★★★★
    Personally I find it counterproductive to focus on DKs. Outside the Attack Bonus it really doesn't matter.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Markjv81 said:

Tier 4 and we’ve average 53 this season.
    We are 4-2 this season and average 40.5 deaths in wins and 78 deaths in losses.

Same.

But it's all because of couple of high rated bad players.

Our 2 BGs are averaging 12.5 deaths per war, and the third BG is averaging double that at 27.5

We could've been already in P3 but need to improve and find some better players. We play T4 wars.

Personally, I average 1-2 deaths per war and kill about 7-8 defenders.

Personally I find it counterproductive to focus on DKs. Outside the Attack Bonus it really doesn't matter.

This is fair and there are some occasions where the full attack bonus is lost and there are deaths beyond that if we end up with a particularly bad matchup that was overlooked or misunderstood. Here are our attack bonuses so far through 6 wars along with death count and W/L:

373 Bonus 84 deaths Won
    331 Bonus 94 deaths Won
    372 Bonus 105 deaths Won
    366 Bonus 91 deaths Won
    302 Bonus 133 deaths Lost
    353 Bonus 129 deaths Lost

The last 2 matchups we played poorly and were fairly overmatched but clearly playing bad played a bigger role.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,510 ★★★★★
    Jseakin81 said:

This is fair and there are some occasions where the full attack bonus is lost and there are deaths beyond that if we end up with a particularly bad matchup that was overlooked or misunderstood. Here are our attack bonuses so far through 6 wars along with death count and W/L:

373 Bonus 84 deaths Won
    331 Bonus 94 deaths Won
    372 Bonus 105 deaths Won
    366 Bonus 91 deaths Won

The last 2 matchups we played poorly and were fairly overmatched but clearly playing bad played a bigger role.
    I understand, but I'm also a huge proponent of communication in an Alliance. It's important to be able to talk to Members and find out who has had trouble and who hasn't.

Jseakin81 said:

373 Bonus 84 deaths Won
    331 Bonus 94 deaths Won
    372 Bonus 105 deaths Won
    366 Bonus 91 deaths Won

I understand, but I'm also a huge proponent of communication in an Alliance. It's important to be able to talk to Members and find out who has had trouble and who hasn't.
    100% I agree with you and some do but others not so much. I actually made an attack guide for the first 2 sections trying to help out those that aren't as involved in the chats and less experienced players. My intent wasn't to talk down about anyone in the alliance I was just curious what other alliances experience and death counts were so I had a better understanding of where we stood. I felt like our numbers were VERY high and I was surprised we were as high as we are based on that.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    Varies sooo much in what your alliance focuses on and even battlegroups can have big variances. In a T2 Plat 2 alliance right now and war is pretty relaxed with a just get it done attitude. We are currently 4-2 halfway thru and as far as Attack Bonus lost we are averaging 31 and opponent is 46. Actual death counts are higher than this average because some (on both sides) just spam 1 Loyalty L1 revives at times. But when you look at the BGs, the BG I'm in is averaging 4 AB lost per war but since we total an average of 31... obviously the other BGs aren't performing as well.