Options

Consequences of exiting Battlegrounds match?

UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
I'm currently trying to finish Battlegrounds and was just curious about something and tried to google it but couldnt get an answer. (Trying to get that final objective milestone of 'win 10 matches')

Are there any consequences for exiting a Battlegrounds match early? During the drafting stage or even after a fight is complete but before anyone has won?

Besides obviously losing your match and coins towards your next level up, is there any other conesquence? If I get matched against someone I know in a million years I'm not going to beat, if time is not on my side, logically it makes more sense to just forfit and try again.

I just wanna make sure I'm not being penalized long term or anything like that. I'm only slowly beginning to get more into Battlegrounds as time goes on and I finally start to get a roster that means I have a *chance* of winning matches.

Comments

• Options
    I just matched against someone whoo only had 4*s in their deck, and once we were matched, they clearly weren't actively playing - they let the timer run out so it was randomly picking defenders/attackers, and they lost every match immediately.

I'm assuming they were doing this just to get the "COMPLETE 10 matches" objective? (They had a "Legends" badge so I assume they're not simply a green player with an undeveloped roster)

Was annoying waiting for all the timers to run out. At least the fights themselves were short tho lol
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,302 ★★★★★
    If you Forfeit, there's no penalty, other than not counting for Objectives and the loss of Energy.
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 808 ★★★★
    People also do that just get points for objectives without actually playing.
  • Options
    QuikPik said:

People also do that just get points for objectives without actually playing.

You don't get Points if you Forfeit.
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 808 ★★★★
    I was commenting on people not actively playing. All you have to do is hit accept when you get matched, walk away from phone, accept the loss and get your points.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 918 ★★★
    Yeah, after I got my dust, I really don’t want to BG anymore. I was so burned out being a casual BG player and if it wasn’t for that 600 token objective, I wouldn’t bother at all. It takes so long to get the three matches done, I dread to see round 3s as it is just more time wasted. Although I never want to forfeit by clicking the button… yet.
    It really feels like a chore with BG especially with the mega rewards coming back next season. Looking forward to just collecting my 600 tokens and not getting stressed about winning at the end of the season.
  • Options
    QuikPik said:

I was commenting on people not actively playing. All you have to do is hit accept when you get matched, walk away from phone, accept the loss and get your points.

Ah, my mistake.
  • Options
    SammyDe said:

It really feels like a chore with BG especially with the mega rewards coming back next season

Mega rewards? Ah did I miss something? Like the Season 9 or 10 rewards whichever it was?
  • Options

SammyDe said:

It really feels like a chore with BG especially with the mega rewards coming back next season

Mega rewards? Ah did I miss something? Like the Season 9 or 10 rewards whichever it was?
    The Rewards for Solo Milestones are being increased next Season, and UC Players will be running it again. Which means anyone that makes it to Plat 2 will be Tanking bait. Evidently I'm one of the few people who see this as an issue.
  • Options

SammyDe said:

The Rewards for Solo Milestones are being increased next Season, and UC Players will be running it again. Which means anyone that makes it to Plat 2 will be Tanking bait. Evidently I'm one of the few people who see this as an issue.
    Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean tanking bait?

Is this potentially related to one of the matchups I just had where the other player had like a third of their deck as 1* and 2*s?
  • Options

SammyDe said:

Is this potentially related to one of the matchups I just had where the other player had like a third of their deck as 1* and 2*s?
    Last time the Milestones were increased, Players would lose every other Match intentionally so they could take advantage of the easy Wins for Points to hit the Milestones.
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 267 ★★

SammyDe said:

No, that's just someone sandbagging to try and get easier opponents then they'll switch to a nastier roster for an easy climb. These days I just take that win and move on.
  • Options
    Also, I’d the rewards are much better for the solo objectives next round, does that mean I should be saving my Elder’s Marks for that and just use energy for the rest of my runs this season?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★

Also, I’d the rewards are much better for the solo objectives next round, does that mean I should be saving my Elder’s Marks for that and just use energy for the rest of my runs this season?

Save them as long as you wont exceed 9k
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,551 ★★★★

I just matched against someone whoo only had 4*s in their deck, and once we were matched, they clearly weren't actively playing - they let the timer run out so it was randomly picking defenders/attackers, and they lost every match immediately.

I'm assuming they were doing this just to get the "COMPLETE 10 matches" objective? (They had a "Legends" badge so I assume they're not simply a green player with an undeveloped roster)

Was annoying waiting for all the timers to run out. At least the fights themselves were short tho lol

I did something similar, but I stocked my roster with 2* champs and drafted them as quickly as I could - didn't want the poor schmuck getting a freeby win to have to wait :lol: