**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Input Issues? Got smacked by a special mid combo

airmundoairmundo Posts: 146
edited October 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Not sure if this is even a bug, input issue, AI changes etc. but just placing this here.

Watched this dozens of times and I honestly can’t tell if I hesitated for a split second and that’s why the AI had an opening to special me…regardless, let’s consider I did hesitate, that window for the AI would literally be milliseconds so they must have been button mashing the special button on their end.

Snapshot before starting the video shows the moment when I’m about to hit him (or literally am hitting him) and he throws a special.

https://youtu.be/qHy0WQMqxWM?si=lsM5D5pOHTQgPwHR

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Yeah, there was a delay in b/w your 1St and 2nd hit, input lag, or missed Input, it definitely was there. And for the record, you can do it too if the AI does it too. So it's not an AI thing
  • Options
    MR_RAGMR_RAG Posts: 23
    In no world should the AI have the ability to recover that quickly during a combo. There is probably going to be some degree of input lag, regardless of how much they work on it, so allowing the ai to recover like that is ridiculous.

@Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Things like this happen all the time along with all the other crazy stuff the AI does now but they want to know what champ you were using, what game mode, what defender and when it happened when it can happen with any champ in any mode. These issues are not champ specific or game mode specific it’s any champ and any defender in any game mode that we encounter these silly interactions.

In way can you tell me they are playing this game and testing interactions for any real amount of time because they would have noticed all these weird things the AI is able to do now a long time ago.
  • Options
    airmundoairmundo Posts: 146
    All I can do now is laugh about it and make sure I don’t hesitate going forward? But I’d agree with what rag said in that the AI shouldn’t be able to recover like that. If your game lags even the slightest then you can be screwed anytime the opponent has a special waiting.

The game mode was AW so obviously the worst place for it to happen.
  • Options
    If these things were bugs and latency issues why is that update after update does it feel like the AI is unlocking new abilities that only players could do and 10 times better 🤷🏻‍♂️ 2 updates back the AI started being able to dex like a master and sometimes can dex before even getting off the ground.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    holy sheet , bald dude recovered even faster than what she said
  • Options
    gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Manup456 said:

If these things were bugs and latency issues why is that update after update does it feel like the AI is unlocking new abilities that only players could do and 10 times better 🤷🏻‍♂️ 2 updates back the AI started being able to dex like a master and sometimes can dex before even getting off the ground.

I love the pre-standing abilities, not. The one that always gets me - I knock them down. I can spam special button but nothing happens but the block dance. Then the defender throws a special while still getting up.
  • Options
    @gforcefan Ah the good old special before getting up is an oldie but goodie 😂