**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What happens when someone WITHDRAWS from the AW before it starts?

The Defenders are still showing up in the spots they were placed on... Will the leaders or officers have to find a replacement before the war starts?

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    i could be wrong, but it happened in the past to my alliance, I thought it'll show up as occupied but with the status of "WITHDRAWN" and that made us 1 man short, hope i don't recall it wrongly (luckily no one withdrew recently)
  • ReggieReggie Posts: 221
    shchong2 wrote: »
    i could be wrong, but it happened in the past to my alliance, I thought it'll show up as occupied but with the status of "WITHDRAWN" and that made us 1 man short, hope i don't recall it wrongly (luckily no one withdrew recently)

Thanks for responding @shchong2 ... I notice in the forums, not too many people respond to topics they deem irrelevant to them. I'm actually an officer in the alliance I'm in, and I see where it shows one of the members withdrew, but their champion still occupies the node.
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    Nothing really.

I've been on the receiving end of this and I can tell you that your defenders will still be on the node you placed them and can be moved around by officers as if you were still there. The only major downside is that the leaving player won't be able to join attack phase as they're gone (duh!). When the war is over and the results come in, it says "Member Withdrawn" as shchong stated.

As for the other question, leaders and officers cannot find a replacement for the open spot as there is a certain time period (I think it's 24hr?) until the new player can join AW or AQ. I mean you can still get a new guy to join the alliance and all but they just can't participate until the blackout period is over.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Actually there is no time period, a new player can join an aq or aw right away ***As long as the AQ or AW is started after they joined****, there just not eligible for the milestone rewards associated with the events untill the blackout period is over

As for the withdrawn member, You will still be able to use there placement in defense but you will be short a member on attack
    Thanks to all of you for answering. All makes sense, and I was able to find out directly from the member who withdrew. We are all just gonna start a new alliance because this one we were in don’t play daily and they don’t participate or communicate. I downloaded Line and only was able to get the other officers I recruited and some of the other non-muted players to download and come into the Line Chat. Too many people ignore the messages on the site. Smh.
    As for the withdrawn member, You will still be able to use there placement in defense but you will be short a member on attack

I was mostly asking for purposes of having the high level champion still on the final boss node, and wondering if I was gonna have to move another “active” member to that spot.

Thanks fellas!!