Change the BG Objective Scoring

ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 786 ★★★★
I think that point farming now being a banable offense is a good thing, but it got me thinking. Why is the winning a match in bronze, worth just as many points as a win in the gladiator circuit. Why not have the points scale as we progress, this rewards player for progressing and would eliminate the incentive to farm at lower levels. What do you think?

Change the BG Objective Scoring 78 votes

Scale the BG objective points to increase as we progress
82%
Manup456Jazz_Messengercur53dDarkrider05captaincushThecrusher_9756NoOnexROHeattblasttIamnikeMoosetiptronicOurobørosJustcause102SidDDragon_Sham_Luke9523CASrinivasUsagicassidyLordSmasherAyden_noah1Greekhit 64 votes
Keep the BG objective point system as is.
14%
SpeedbumpPikoluHungaryHippoOpxcaptain_rogersChiefGoatJosh2507CyrillFromTulaJaffa_ShineUpLinkLioLenn 11 votes
Other suggestion
3%
Hort40_Alph4flapjax 3 votes

Comments

• flapjaxflapjax Member Posts: 285 ★★★
    Other suggestion
    If they really want to stop people farming wins, I think the easiest way is to remove the incentive to do so.

Right now, you get 2250 points with Elder Marks for completing a match and 4500 for winning. They could try swapping them for a season, or changing it to 2250 points for winning a match, that way if you lose but win at least 1 round, you only miss out on 2250 points.
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,846 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

It's baffling that Kabam is listening to low level uncollected and Cavalier scrubs.
    I bet my 6r5 ascended Hercules that these same scrubs will cry and whine about, "omg omg, I can't progress after gold, why why why, why enemy have 7* but me no? So unfair, I cry."

Shameless behaviour by scrubs and pathetic decision from Kabam.

Bro is mad he can't win without farming uncollected players lmao
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

PT_99 said:

It's baffling that Kabam is listening to low level uncollected and Cavalier scrubs.
    I bet my 6r5 ascended Hercules that these same scrubs will cry and whine about, "omg omg, I can't progress after gold, why why why, why enemy have 7* but me no? So unfair, I cry."

Your words alone will get you in trouble.
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,846 ★★★★★
    I get the idea but that's essentially just having whoever places at the top in gc will also place at the top in this event. It would also make lower level players have to grind way more than those who are placed higher up in the VT to get milestones rewards which are already hard to get, as bronze wins would be worth less than a platinum one.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    Since there’s seeding im just gonna make some “oopsie” mistakes in plat for a few weeks
  • NoirSoiréeNoirSoirée Member Posts: 30
    PT_99 said:

im inclined to believe they are actually catering to CCP members who have been making videos about point farming (in an attempt to discourage it), and kabam noticed and saw that they are loosing money by people utilizing this method.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,419 ★★★★★
    Now this is something I actually wouldn't mind, GC wins giving more points wouldn't be an issue imo.
  • 0_Alph40_Alph4 Member Posts: 105
    Other suggestion
    "elder marks"
    When ever there is a currency evolved with completing solo/alliance events there will always be people who are going to try exploit it. While I'm glad that we don't have to use energy for what is arguably one of the games best modes but in my opinion elder marks should not contruibe more points than energy.

Also it shouldn't be locked behind units or progress becuase at some point most players are going to be perma stuck in rank and unable to make any progression and in turn get eldar marks.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Easy fix, higher you are the more points you earn per win.
    Just like "22h event quest completion" as more difficult content you win, the more points you get.
    Stupid that winning in bronze gives as equal points in vibranium and GC.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    Good suggestion. Different points for different Tiers … Bronze way less than Diamond.
  • NguỹnThảoNguỹnThảo Member Posts: 44
    Whoever crying over losing is just a dumbass home wrecker they never start all over a new account fully f2p like me, and get into Quantumn without chains of loss, moreover, it was like the second month old of the account, and I barely even try with only 800k rating. Skilled player nevers fear whales, it’s just skill issue, and I don’t even cease to complain as it’s a competitive game mode those guys are just not qualified enough
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★

Whoever crying over losing is just a dumbass home wrecker they never start all over a new account fully f2p like me, and get into Quantumn without chains of loss, moreover, it was like the second month old of the account, and I barely even try with only 800k rating. Skilled player nevers fear whales, it’s just skill issue, and I don’t even cease to complain as it’s a competitive game mode those guys are just not qualified enough

There is zero chance you ended in quantum with an 800k account.

Sure with a trash account a bad player who has played a while with a new account can beat up on brand new accounts and get into gc the first day and START in quantum. But you won't win any matches.
  • LickyLicky Member Posts: 331 ★★★

Zuro said:

PT_99 said:

That's not fair to misquote him. In a previous post he said he was going to enjoy farming against uncollected AND cav.
    I genuinely laughed at this lol
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
    Keep the BG objective point system as is.
    So smaller accounts are more disadvantaged for milestones? It’s fine as it is.
  • Hort4Hort4 Member Posts: 504 ★★★
    Other suggestion
    How about if they give event points each time you go up to another tier? One time points per tier as opposed to more points per match in each tier you go up. This would encourage people to go up but only as a one time benefit per tier. I would say going from plat to diamond is a tier jump but going play 3 to play 2 would not be.
  • LickyLicky Member Posts: 331 ★★★

Zuro said:

PT_99 said:

That's not fair to misquote him. In a previous post he said he was going to enjoy farming against uncollected AND cav.
    I genuinely laughed at this lol