Options

Read This Before You Open Your First Titan Crystal

Comments

• Options
    thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 151
    I will be waiting until the next group gets added prior to opening my Titan Crystal
    BeastDad said:

Warlock,photon,vox, Juggs, Shang

I thought Vox was supposed to be "meh" at best?
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 670 ★★★
    I will be opening my Titan Crystal as soon as I have enough shards
    I’m more interested in the next batch of champs but I don’t have the discipline to wait another month
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,866 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

These posts should start with “in my opinion….”

Sure, but its one many have agreed with or considered waiting to see who the 2 new champs will be.

Other examples of opinions that are even more agreed upon are not using t6cc on 6 stars when gems exist and will be more available for that purpose
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,104 ★★★
    And these are the types of polished turds you can expect. 20 k shards wasted
  • Options
    flapjax said:

I have enough right now but I'm debating waiting until April since I really don't like the pool...

@flapjax until april is crazy, just wait until December like the rest of us that are waiting
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I got OG Iron Man. boooo
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,306 ★★★★
    flapjax said:

I have enough right now but I'm debating waiting until April since I really don't like the pool...

I wouldn’t recommend that.

Titan shards will be easier to come by with these holiday deals and likely some deadpool spring event.

While there isn’t anything currently (aside from high level competitive modes, where, to be honest, if you don’t want to open titan shards you’re probably not at that spender level anyways) that requires 7-stars, I think the upcoming Necropolis could change your tune. Would be interesting to see if the current Titan pool is a good choice for Necropolis.

• Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    I will be waiting until the next group gets added prior to opening my Titan Crystal
    I'm currently at 16400 Titan shards, with the other 5k I can get from BGs, and another 5k from finishing up 7 for 7. I'll personally be waiting til Dec/Jan. See how many Cyber weekend can give me, and how many from events I can amass before the current crystal rotates out again.

I really would like a Morbius dupe, Photon, WBN, or Vox, and those will all be in there, and I'm curious to see the new basic champs taking the place of the Group 2
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,516 ★★★★★
    If I pulled Colossus from the crystal, I would contemplate retirement....so I'm gonna wait.
  • Options
    Crossy76Crossy76 Posts: 81
    Pulled Knull and i m still happy (am i?)
  • Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    Instead of trying to min/max every aspect of this game, I think I'll just open it and have some fun. Chances are good that I'll earn enough Titan shards before the next crystal expires to try it once. I think that's better than waiting until the crystal updates and ending up even more disappointed that I waited and still not getting what I want.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 675 ★★★

Wasn't my number 1 choice, but I'm in no way bummed, considering some of the possibilities
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,769 ★★★★★

I opened my crystal as soon as I got it and couldnt be happier. I literally told one buddy I was feeling I was going to pull her and I did!

Thank God I didnt listen to this post I pulled her too lmao
  • Options

BeastDad said:

Managed to get him from the prerelease crystals and I think he’s amazing. He’ll never be a super quick option, but he is super consistent and deals with a lot of threats better than I thought. After that third special he is absolutely melting everything. I’ve taken Thing, Korg, Mysterio, and other super annoying stall champs in BGs with him. I don’t regret ranking him at all.

I have 3 R2 and this is number 2. Got him from the Titan crystal and decided to rank him immediately. One of the best skill 7* IMO. Hits HARD on top of all the utility he has. He’s not just for story quests. He creates openings very easily and his L2 decimates.
    Does he finish BGs fights faster than Mantis?
  • Options
    MmaatthheewwMmaatthheeww Posts: 46
    I have already opened it
    Polygon said:

I know a lot are eager to finally get enough shards to open their first, but I would like to provide some insight before you do.

Of the group 2 champs, I would argue that the only bangers are Warlock/Juggernaut (some may consider Shang too, but for BGs purposes, I still think Black Cat will be the better champion as she counters more tricky defenders. Also pretty certain Mantis will be a better nuke in BGs. This is not to say that he won’t be good in story, he has excellent fight control, but nowadays the only relevant content is BGs)

Shang aside, theres Colossus, which has been outdated for awhile now; Spot which needs high sig and even the 6* has pretty much fallen (lost a poll to even iBom recently); and Knull that needs high sig and max inequity to be a solid defender

You may get lucky and pull Warlock or Juggernaut, but if you wait until the next batch gets added, you’ll have overall better odds of getting a good champion such as that important dupe for Morbius, or WBN or the other new champions in November.

Just some food for thought

What are you talking about? Are Silk, Spider Ham, Photon, and Vox not bangers. Jugs and Warlock SMH. Kindred is a solid defender. Also, unawakened Knull will be extremely useful for the Necropolis. Idk why you mentioned Warlock as a banger. I would put him at the bottom of the pool. Honestly, all of them are solid pools apart from colossus (prefers dupe) and jabari (personally dislike).
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 463 ★★★
    Polygon said:

BeastDad said:

Managed to get him from the prerelease crystals and I think he’s amazing. He’ll never be a super quick option, but he is super consistent and deals with a lot of threats better than I thought. After that third special he is absolutely melting everything. I’ve taken Thing, Korg, Mysterio, and other super annoying stall champs in BGs with him. I don’t regret ranking him at all.

I have 3 R2 and this is number 2. Got him from the Titan crystal and decided to rank him immediately. One of the best skill 7* IMO. Hits HARD on top of all the utility he has. He’s not just for story quests. He creates openings very easily and his L2 decimates.
    Does he finish BGs fights faster than Mantis?
    I don’t have a Mantis to compare. It’s usually around the 60 second mark depending on who I use him for. I’ve done a 34 second match with him.
  • Options
    ZsirhcZZsirhcZ Posts: 142
    I’m pulling if I can before the crystal switches to have the best chance at a 7 star Hyperion.
  • Options
    BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Raganator said:

If I pulled Colossus from the crystal, I would contemplate retirement....so I'm gonna wait.

Don't underestimate him he's actually really good
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,516 ★★★★★
    BabyMiike said:

Raganator said:

Don't underestimate him he's actually really good
    I mean, I've been playing for 8 years. I know what he can do, but that doesn't change my statement.