Is it possible that mcoc need to adjust the current BG modes?

Ericson23Ericson23 Member Posts: 116 ★★

How a player plays a game depends entirely on what the player thinks. What's more, there are now many cases of intentional losses, mainly due to the conflict between milestones settings and segments.

So why can't we solve this problem first instead of focusing on player behavior?

Seriously!

Comments

• Ericson23Ericson23 Member Posts: 116 ★★
    Since it is a milestone, it should be easy for everyone to get rewards, rather than being intimidating or requiring a lot of effort.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,616 ★★★★★
    No
  • Ericson23Ericson23 Member Posts: 116 ★★
    Pikolu said:

Ericson23 said:

Since it is a milestone, it should be easy for everyone to get rewards, rather than being intimidating or requiring a lot of effort.

It's BGs, it is designed to take a lot of time and effort. If kabam wanted everyone to get all the milestones, then we would get them all by 100k points, and not 450k.
    I think it’s okay to set 45K, but why do we have to let players compete for this score in the gladiators' circuit?
    Why can't it be done on victory track?
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    Because those rewards are way too good and only deserved by the Top 10% of the players maybe. An Uncollected or Cavalier is not supposed to get 7500x 7* Shards, Abyss Nexus or 5000x Titan Shards at all.

And if they want them, they have to grind really hard for it.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,703 ★★★★★
    How can they accurately define if people are intentionally losing before a threshold and if people are throwing, if they're making it "look legit" ?

I've went on a pretty big loss streak from time to time on 0 medals or lose a few big matches prior to promotion simply due to bad matchups and the drafting pool leaving out champs I need. What's to stop people purposely picking bad matchups in drafting to make it look like "bad matchups"

It's either not going to work and people are going to evade, or a lot of people are going to get wrongfully penalised.

• WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★

How can they accurately define if people are intentionally losing before a threshold and if people are throwing, if they're making it "look legit" ?

I've went on a pretty big loss streak from time to time on 0 medals or lose a few big matches prior to promotion simply due to bad matchups and the drafting pool leaving out champs I need. What's to stop people purposely picking bad matchups in drafting to make it look like "bad matchups"

It's either not going to work and people are going to evade, or a lot of people are going to get wrongfully penalised.

They have any kind of stat about your account of all time. So they even know which defenders you struggle with and which you normally beat in a second. If you suddenly play way different they‘ll notice.
  • PacemanPaceman Member Posts: 17
    The assumption that Kabam can you tell when you are trying to lose and you can’t fake them is ridiculous.
    They are not telepathic and there is no way they can 100% know your intent.
    To believe otherwise is delusional.
    I’m sure they will try their best, but many people seem to have a distorted view of their level of insight.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,830 ★★★★★
    Ericson23 said:

How a player plays a game depends entirely on what the player thinks. What's more, there are now many cases of intentional losses, mainly due to the conflict between milestones settings and segments.

So why can't we solve this problem first instead of focusing on player behavior?

Seriously!

What exactly is the problem you think that needs to be solved?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

If you are good enough, you might evade detection. But this will probably require farming points far less efficiently, to the point of potentially not being worth it.

Most players have seen exactly one player's play behavior extensively. Kabam has seen several hundred thousand. The FBI profiler John Douglas once wrote that staged crime scenes almost always look comically staged, because while criminals think they know how to stage a crime scene, almost all of them have seen just one criminal's behavior, while experienced investigators have seen hundreds. Criminals are ironically not good judges of what criminals do, and when one criminal tries to emulate another one, they usually mess up and do something investigators find strange and unusual.

A player might try to point farm by doing something they think lots of people do, but miss one particular detail that means nothing to do them but jumps out in the data. As a forensic investigator, I've experienced this myself many times. Sometimes I catch the illegal or prohibited behavior, but more often I don't catch the crime, I catch the cover up.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    Ericson23 said:

Seriously!

Because it doesn't matter if the game has flaws or not. If there is an issue with the way the milestones are earned, then that's something for the game to review and then at the developers' discretion adjust. However, that is no excuse for cheating, anticompetitive behavior, or violating the game's standards of conduct.

The game is never to blame when a player deliberately breaks the rules, period. No player gets to decide on their own that they deserve something, the game isn't giving it to them, so they are free to do whatever they want to get it. Especially in a competitive game mode, where you aren't taking rewards from the game, you're taking them from other players. No game flaw excuses cheating other players, period. No ifs, ands, or buts.

If a player breaks the rules, and they hurt other players, they have to go. Nobody cares why they broke the rules and hurt other players. The fact that they even *think* this is a reasonable course of action is enough to make them persona non grata. We don't say well, they had a good reason to break the rules and hurt other players, we should just let them continue to do that until we make the game perfect. They proved by their actions they do not care about other the other players, and as a result they have forfeited their right to continue to play the game among them.

Bugs are always going to happen. Imbalances are always going to happen. If a player thinks an appropriate response to any of those things is to damage the playing experience of other players for their own benefit, we don't need them and would be better off without them. No matter what the developers do, however weird, silly, or stupid, no player is allowed to take their frustrations out on other players, period.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    So like I went on an awful like 5 or 6 loss streak today in diamond 2, not my proudest moment. It was very frustrating. Do I have to worry about getting banned now because of that? I feel like their detection parameters are so strict that anything less than constant wins seems like an exploit. "Trying to fake effort" especially cannot be proven, and seems like a really silly thing to ban anybody over.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,443 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

They have any kind of stat about your account of all time. So they even know which defenders you struggle with and which you normally beat in a second. If you suddenly play way different they‘ll notice.
    Seems like a lot of work. But if they want to do it, the hope is they do it accurately.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,540 ★★★★
    Fun exercise: fight punching bag Winter soldier 9x with one champ and note time and number of hits. Calculate mean and median of time and assume results above whichever is lower would be losses in a hypothetical bg matchup. If there are 200k accounts fighting 400k+ (200kx2) matches over × amount of hours during y amount of weeks, and some poor data analyst needs to write a query that can differentiate your highest time WS fight vs your lowest time WS fight to ascertain "fake effort while trying to lose" in absolute certainty, well, we in the bovine manure industry have a word for that.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,509 ★★★★★
    Just because the system sets specific requirements for Milestones doesn't mean it's justifiable for Players to achieve them at any cost. Manipulating the system is not something the game team chooses. It's the Player who chooses to do this.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,005 ★★★★★
    Maybe you can advocate that the new seeding system starts you too close to getting into Gladiator Circuit and you want to start a level or 2 further back. But it’s only really when we have these hyper reward 450k for top milestone months that anyone would probably want to do that. I got into gladiators circuit on 280k of points. I’m now onto 391k of points. Honestly it’s nice to feel like I’m earning it. Usually I don’t push to climb up the ladder when I get to GC, but with months event I need to if I want those 5k of Titan shards. Personally I like it how it is. Kabam should focus on the cheaters. They also need to disable the pause button.
  • tufo24tufo24 Member Posts: 53
    I guess I should not even attempt BG anymore. I am Paragon but got here by watching videos online on how to do certain things and spending way more money than I should have. I am not a very skilled player and struggle in Victory track because I am not good at adapting to specific nodes or don't use proper counter champs. Also seems I keep getting matched with players who have much better rosters than I do along with better skill. Do I have to worry about getting banned because I keep losing?