**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

iPhone 15 Pro Control Issues

JestuhJestuh Posts: 273 ★★★
The game runs beautifully on it and everything loads really fast but my inputs are god awful.

I don’t know if it’s the screen is a different material or what, but my blocks turn to dashes, my dashes get dropped, my combos don’t complete or drop a part of it.

This never happened with mcoc on my previous iPhones (7 and the 2020 SE).

Anyone else having problems?

Comments

• Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,967 ★★★★★
    Happening to one of my alliance mates, particularly having trouble with inputs for Tigra.
  • Options
    Billyclub409Billyclub409 Posts: 4
    This is happening to me on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. I just returned from the Apple Store today. They ran several tests and completely restored my phone. I’m still having these issues. According to the Apple Store this is 100% software related. The game is virtually unplayable on my phone.
  • Options
    KapKamot3KapKamot3 Posts: 23
    edited October 2023
    Yes having same issues with iPhone15 pro max. Blocks becomes dashes, consistent lags with inputs. Cannot complete combos, etc everything you just said

Wonder if anyone found a workaround on this
    Jestuh said:

The game runs beautifully on it and everything loads really fast but my inputs are god awful.

I don’t know if it’s the screen is a different material or what, but my blocks turn to dashes, my dashes get dropped, my combos don’t complete or drop a part of it.

Jestuh said:

• Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Having some problems since I upgraded to
    the 15 pro max too.

Being honest, MCOC is performing better than I expected with a new phone.
    But getting some random dashes towards the defender. Some whiffing and combos not completing.

After a few fights, combat lags and gets quite choppy too.
  • Options
    Jamaal757Jamaal757 Posts: 41
    edited October 2023
    Yes, same thing happened to me. Don't bother putting in a ticket for this issue. They will have you try these troubleshooting steps:

Hello Summoner,

We appreciate you providing additional details of your report.

I have reviewed the video you sent and found that an issue occurred when you were trying to Block. With that said, we want to gather information about your experiences to investigate your concerns. If, after restarting your device, you are still encountering issues, please answer the following questions:

Approximately when did you first notice this issue? (Date and time)
    Which version of Marvel Contest of Champions are you running?
    What is the make and model of your device? (Example: Samsung Galaxy S9)
    What is the operating system and version of your device? (Example: iOS 11)
    Did this issue occur after a recent hardware or software update?
    Did anything strange happen before this issue occurred?

We have found that these details can help us to investigate concerns of this nature.

Smh...

Device: iPhone 15 Pro
    iOS: 17.0.3
    App Version: 41.2.0
  • Options
    ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    This is still happening on mine and war season starts tomorrow. :(
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Are you guys playing at 120Hz refresh rate?
    If I'm correct the game doesn't support higher refresh rates. Try lowering it.
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 114 ★★
    I have the same issue. Not as bad as you all but blocks and dash backs that end up dashing forward. Still playable but very annoying. Basically guaranteed a lost fight.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Had this same problem when I got my 14 Pro max. It was somewhat mitigated by limiting the frame rate.

Open the Settings app. Tap Accessibility > Motion. Turn on Limit Frame Rate

My 4-year-old Android has significantly better input recognition than my iPhone (which is my everyday phone).

So basically, it's an issue that they don't seem to have cared to address/investigate since the 120Mhz refresh rate came in on iPhones as there were a ton of reports when the 14s came out.
  • Options
    Corkscrew said:

Had this same problem when I got my 14 Pro max. It was somewhat mitigated by limiting the frame rate.

Open the Settings app. Tap Accessibility > Motion. Turn on Limit Frame Rate

My 4-year-old Android has significantly better input recognition than my iPhone (which is my everyday phone).

So basically, it's an issue that they don't seem to have cared to address/investigate since the 120Mhz refresh rate came in on iPhones as there were a ton of reports when the 14s came out.

Thanks. I’ll give this a shot. Right now there’s 7 days left in bgs and I keep losing because of inputs screwing up my fights, and my alliance is getting a little annoyed at me not putting up points. 😁

So yeah, fixing inputs, super important.
  • Options
    ProducteProducte Posts: 74
  • Options
    SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Sensitivity issue near screen edge. The 15 you can read your hand at the edge of the phone. That and the screen smoothness can cause slight inputs. I put a larger beveled case on my phone. Covers a little more of the edge. Screen protector not as smooth after lots of use. Issue is way better now.
  • Options
    Producte said:
    That post started as about the 15 Pro Max. This post started as the 15 Pro.

Also this post is in bugs, which is where the mods inevitably move posts from general that talk about input issues. Allegedly posts in bugs will be seen “by the right people”.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Sirmacool said:

Sensitivity issue near screen edge. The 15 you can read your hand at the edge of the phone. That and the screen smoothness can cause slight inputs. I put a larger beveled case on my phone. Covers a little more of the edge. Screen protector not as smooth after lots of use. Issue is way better now.

Yeah the screen material is definitely smoother so I considered that. But that only accounts for input issues on block. The dropping of inputs or issues with combo shouldn’t have anything to do with the screen material. So I’m just gonna complain and wait for a fix. Or just quit.

Honestly after the major inputs bug that took almost two years to fix, it’s like why even bother anymore ya know?

I’ll just let the Android folks have this game and go find something that works.
  • Options
    Adrianz1Adrianz1 Posts: 58
    Having the same problems on iphone 15, i cant do a parry swipping back and forth works as intended but parry or block no, also combos end before i want them to, just the short taps dont work
  • Options
    Ok devs, I posted about these problems back in October. I haven’t seen any acknowledgement that they’re happening and they’re still happening daily.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Do you have any updates, fixes, or any plans to fix this coming out soon or do I just need to find a new phone hobby?
  • Options
    mattydidomattydido Posts: 3
    Agree. I’ve had the iPhone 15 pro since October and this game is still unbearable to play. Nothing has changed in 4 months. The dash in on its own especially when the defender throws specials is a joke. Again been playing this game for 6 years and it’s not enjoyable anymore.
  • Options
    2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 98
    I have iPad 6 gen and iPhone Xr the game has never ran without some issues. Sudden dashes forward or backward, input and just out right screen freezes. Reports always produce same tired results reboot your device , are you running latest version etc. etc. etc. It’s useless to report because of the lengthy responses. Playing the game is about overcoming the glitches as it is defeating the defenders.
  • Options
    GoldenDadGoldenDad Posts: 85
    I have 15 pro too.

I mainly have issues using quake in AW. I keep loosing the heavy input despite holding it down. She then stands up and gets hit instead of evading.

I have to log into my old ipad for the inputs to work correctly.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Since updating game, champs keep performing unintended moves. E.g. dashes, heavies.
    iPhone 15 pro max.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I have two choices:
    iPhone 15 Pro Max: Unintended dashes and heavies.
    iPhone XS Max: Lag that results in missed parries, getting special intercepted and other fun stuff.

Maybe there's a version of me in the multiverse that owns an iPhone 12 or 13 and can happily play MCOC.