**TROUBLES LOGGING IN**
We are aware of an issue causing issues for some Summoners attempting to connect to MCOC. We are currently investigating and are hoping to have resolution soon.
Thank you for your patience.
Options

Reaching 450k was SO difficult starting from P1

I am bitter about the milestone this season, I spent much more time than usual this month, it felt like a massive grind, and ultimately I only scored 420k points from thousands and thousands of tokens used.

Reaching GC was quite easy, I made it in 2 weeks losing barely 5-6 games (especially with the classic bug P1-D4 where the matchmaking gives you free win - don’t understand why this is still not fixed but this is another topic), but then from GC it was a total nightmare.

I reached GC with 180k - 200k points, and from that moment I literally threw away 6000 tokens to get extra 220.000 points, as losing is REALLY not rewarding.

So you will tell me that it is the game and it happens, I agree, but I want to point out that I feel this is unfair that most of the people in my team who started in much lower divisions made these 450k, as the nodes were very easy in comparison of the GC.

So I think next time there is such a high milestone, maybe we should start from maximum P3, or make the loosing a bit more rewarding.

It was a fun ride tho to play that much, but I am extremely frustrated at the moment :'(

Anyone else feeling the same?

Comments

• Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 313 ★★★
    I dont really do much BGs so I started from scratch, have to say though that had to suck. I rolled through the victory track without a loss from gold 1 to the GC. From there it took a lot more marks to get that last 70k or so solo event points. Once I got a hang of the GC nodes I ended on a mini winning streak but for such a valuable solo event people in your shoes have every right to be bitter imo.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,336 ★★★★
    Yeah, had the same experience just with a better Win Rate than in your screenshots … and probably spent like 1000 Units on Elder Marks to make it, but I‘m usually ignoring Cyber Deals anyway and think BG Rewards are worth it to spend some saved up Units for.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    I started in Bronze 3 and made it to 450k pretty easily. I had 9k elder's marks (I normally don't ever do BGs). I finished VT with about 440k and needed to do 2 matches in GC (both wins) to break the 450k milestone. Ended the season with roughly 6k marks remaining.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 779 ★★★★
    I don’t love BG but played this season for those class and abyss nexus crystals chasing herc (still no luck).

I didn’t play much last season so I started in Bronze. I think I’ll probably take next season off to drop back down so I can have an easier go next time they add extra rewards. I’m also out of elder marks so I need to take some time for those to build back up.
  • Options
    Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★
    I started from bronze bro

It wasn't very hard.

I had 9k elder marks, I still have about 1500 left.

My account rating is 2.2 mil, I dont have any 6*r5 or 7*r2, only 7 6*r4.

I pushed in last 4 days, that's why I mostly faced accounts on my level.
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 973 ★★★
    I started from Gold III, 460k was hard for me....duringbthe mid event...Like 2 weeks after it started....I really struggled in Plat3,2,1 & Diamond 4 & 3.....I took a break for around 1 week, I did get almost 5 to 6 matches Back to Back win, which got me to Diamond 1 easily
  • Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 524 ★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

I started in Bronze 3 and made it to 450k pretty easily. I had 9k elder's marks (I normally don't ever do BGs). I finished VT with about 440k and needed to do 2 matches in GC (both wins) to break the 450k milestone. Ended the season with roughly 6k marks remaining.

You won’t start in bronze next season…
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 181 ★★

I think your experience is pretty common. If we know a season in advance the next time they are going to juice the solo objectives, I will make a point of staying out of GC during the prior season.

I feel absolutely the same. I have the feeling that playing Battleground intensively for months have not been rewarding on the most important season of the year. Which is pretty unfair.
    Before the second anniversary I will definitely stay out of GC aswell, just to be sure that I don’t get tricked twice. :/
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,190 ★★★★★
    I agree with this. I’ll start next cycle just outside of GC. Getting thru milestones will be tough. Maybe GC matches should award more milestone points?
  • Options
    Jeancrb said:

So you will tell me that it is the game and it happens, I agree, but I want to point out that I feel this is unfair that most of the people in my team who started in much lower divisions made these 450k, as the nodes were very easy in comparison of the GC.

Where you started wasn't the most important factor. What mattered the most was win rate and elder marks stockpile.

I started in P1 and had something like a 65% win rate up to D1, then hit a brick wall dropping to about 50%-ish and getting stuck in P1 for 33 matches and V3 for 43 matches. I used elder marks for my first 96 matches, then coasted to 450k using energy up to match 108. All of those matches were in VT but even had I gotten to GC earlier, my record in GC was also close to 50/50, so for me that wouldn't have mattered much. The most important thing is to keep your marks near full. Knowing this season was going to have extra milestones, I filled up on marks the previous season, only spending to prevent overflow. With 9000 marks you have one hundred matches, plus what you earn in-season from VT promotions and alliance milestones. 450k points requires about 67 matches if you always win and 200 matches if you always lose. At about 50% win rate it is about 100 matches. If you start the season with full marks (or technically around 6800 because the first five matches reward basket will give you 2200, and the cap is 9000) that's doable in either VT or GC or both. Factoring in additional marks you can earn as you go, even a 40% win rate is still doable (112 matches or 10080 marks, 9000 plus 1080 more earned during the season).

Basically, save marks during seasons without bonus milestones, and burn them during the seasons that have them. If you can maintain something between 40% and 60% win rate overall, expect it to take on the order of 9k to 10k marks, which is approximately the elder mark cap (9k).

Given the way the match maker works in the lower tiers, I really don't see the benefit of deliberately dumping in the previous season before enhanced reward milestone seasons. But if large numbers of players that normally are strong enough to get to GC decide to take those seasons off, I'm not going to lose sleep over that. It'll just increase my win percentage during those seasons. I don't recommend it, but I also won't complain about it.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    made it in the end luckily but it burnt me tf out. It felt like such a chore and I haven't touched BGs since I got to 450k, it doesn't feel fun anymore :|
  • Options
    TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Posts: 185 ★★
    I also started in Plat 1, ended with just over 300 points in GC. I didn't feel like it was too bad, and I got almost 600k solo points. I only played during my night shifts as well for the most part-thats 3 days a week. I'll say though this meta depended heavily on your roster and your drafts. So if you weren't deep in capable champs or didn't have drafts go your way it could be rough.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Even since the start of BGs, it is proven again....until it is completely tier based, the mode will always be a joke.

MM set up to try to force shield use and even more elder marks than what should be needed. No thank you. The gamemode is now just an obvious unit/$ scam.

The game putting hidden tiers within the tiers makes a joke out of the game mode. So they plop some juicy rewards to entice summoners. What I thought was going to be amazing game mode, has just turned into a grind by design.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Well, most of my competitors stopped sending friendly emotes in GC, so I think I can say a lot of us were definitely not having fun anymore lol
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,060 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Jeancrb said:

Where you started wasn't the most important factor. What mattered the most was win rate and elder marks stockpile.

I started in P1 and had something like a 65% win rate up to D1, then hit a brick wall dropping to about 50%-ish and getting stuck in P1 for 33 matches and V3 for 43 matches. I used elder marks for my first 96 matches, then coasted to 450k using energy up to match 108. All of those matches were in VT but even had I gotten to GC earlier, my record in GC was also close to 50/50, so for me that wouldn't have mattered much. The most important thing is to keep your marks near full. Knowing this season was going to have extra milestones, I filled up on marks the previous season, only spending to prevent overflow. With 9000 marks you have one hundred matches, plus what you earn in-season from VT promotions and alliance milestones. 450k points requires about 67 matches if you always win and 200 matches if you always lose. At about 50% win rate it is about 100 matches. If you start the season with full marks (or technically around 6800 because the first five matches reward basket will give you 2200, and the cap is 9000) that's doable in either VT or GC or both. Factoring in additional marks you can earn as you go, even a 40% win rate is still doable (112 matches or 10080 marks, 9000 plus 1080 more earned during the season).

Basically, save marks during seasons without bonus milestones, and burn them during the seasons that have them. If you can maintain something between 40% and 60% win rate overall, expect it to take on the order of 9k to 10k marks, which is approximately the elder mark cap (9k).

Given the way the match maker works in the lower tiers, I really don't see the benefit of deliberately dumping in the previous season before enhanced reward milestone seasons. But if large numbers of players that normally are strong enough to get to GC decide to take those seasons off, I'm not going to lose sleep over that. It'll just increase my win percentage during those seasons. I don't recommend it, but I also won't complain about it.
    I used elder's marks for the entire VT and yet got to GC without reaching 300K. I had an absurd win rate in VT that made things worse. Lost only one or two matches for the entire Vibranium 3 - 1. Win rate in GC was manageable but painful
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,336 ★★★★
    My Winrate was solid after the big players left VT. Probably like 85% or higher in VT.

Dropped a bit to like 65-70% in GC but still not too bad, just had not enough Elder Marks saved (because I burned them all last Season and I‘m in a casual Alliance which only reached like 3.5 millions in Alli Event … so had to spend like 1000+ Units.
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 512 ★★★
    I didnt have the same experience as you because I started with bronze 3 but i reached 650k to get our alliance to 12m milestone.

I actually found it easier to win in GC than in Vibranium 1. I faced extemely tough opponents in Vibranium 1 and almost gave up. In GC, i faced a lot of people who just didnt bother with the node and went with the same common defenders and attackers. I used exclusively decay attackers and sugar pill defenders, sticking to basics and taking my time with the fights. My average fight length was 70 seconds but i was winning 70% of the time and easily got 200k points in GC alone.

200k to reach GC from plat 1 and 200k in GC was very possible.
  • Options
    Tony_5tankTony_5tank Posts: 107
    I said this would be the case on day 1 and got slaughtered by the toxic screen raging get gud brigade 😅
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 181 ★★
    Ansh_A said:

I didnt have the same experience as you because I started with bronze 3 but i reached 650k to get our alliance to 12m milestone.

I actually found it easier to win in GC than in Vibranium 1. I faced extemely tough opponents in Vibranium 1 and almost gave up. In GC, i faced a lot of people who just didnt bother with the node and went with the same common defenders and attackers. I used exclusively decay attackers and sugar pill defenders, sticking to basics and taking my time with the fights. My average fight length was 70 seconds but i was winning 70% of the time and easily got 200k points in GC alone.

200k to reach GC from plat 1 and 200k in GC was very possible.

Well we really didn't have the same experience. How many points did you end up with in the end? I made 160 points in the end but was struggling a lot Because my opponents in GC had numerous 6r5/7r2, very diverse and niche defenders when I only have 2 6r5.
    the VT in comparison was surprinsigly easy for me, 2 loss only between V3 and V1.