**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Change in progression means I have access to more shovels.

Today I finally finished paragon (got a 6* wolvie for my trouble, which has me exstatic). Afterwards, I noticed that my objectives regarding side quest and shovels had reset themselves. I've already claimed 2, but now I have the ability to get 2 more. Meaning that on 11/19, I can get 4 shovels. My guess is this is not intended, and side quests have a history of not interacting with progression changes correctly. Now I noticed, in threat lvl 5, the boxes are gone from when I first claimed them (one in rhino, one in king groot). However, threat lvl 4 has more boxes, and I could theoretically claim up to 6 (in my particular circumstance). I'm aware that the store has only 4 items for sale, and that's the ultimate limiting factor here BUT, I've already claimed one reward from my time as TB. Meaning I could theoretically get 5 rewards from the shop in this way.

I'm posting this in the spirit of complete transparency, so that should I (unknowingly) have made any missteps, it will not be viewed as taking advantage of a bug, and my account won't be at risk. As of right now, I have only claimed 2 rewards from the shop (1 TB and 1 paragon reward). My current plan is to only redeem 4 for the whole month, as I don't want to cheat. However, if a moderator were to say "our bad, enjoy your 5th reward!" I would gladly take it.

If someone at kabam sees this, please let me know what to do with my extra box. To the rest of us summoners, just be aware this exists and plan your account and behavior accordingly.

(This is an identical post to my first, literally copied and pasted. I tried to edit a typo, then I think my internet crashed, and i no longer saw the thread on the discussion page. Apologies if both show up for some reason).

Comments

• Options
    Cage33Cage33 Posts: 45
    Adding a comment to update info regarding what rewards I have chosen from the shop. The TB reward I have chosen is the class 6* awakening gem. The paragon reward I have chosen is the 7* shards. The next 2 rewards I intend on choosing are the 6* generic awakening gem, and deciding between the basic or alpha catalyst at the end of the event. I'm adding this because I intend on getting a total of 2 awakening gems from this event. I'm worried that might raise a flag on their end. However, I still only intend on redeeming 4 boxes unless told otherwise. In my opinion, choosing 2 awakening gems (1 class, 1 generic) while still only redeeming 4 boxes doesn't feel like I'm abusing a bug. Unfortunately I don't work at kabam, and my decision isn't THE decision. Any official guidance would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    One last update. While playing today, I noticed that my "big spender" event milestones changed as well. Yesterday I noticed that I had a bunch of unclaimed rewards in my stash. I mindlessly collected them, and thought nothing more of it. Now I'm realizing I likely double dipped in this as well. None of this was caused by a desire to cheat. If I'm told to collect rewards in my stash by the notification icon, I do so. As far as I can tell, these are the only things affected by my progression change. The spelunking rope event remained unchanged, and is functioning properly.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Nothing major, just enjoy.
  • Options
    While I agree, given the state of the game and the resources on the table these days, that none of what I've mentioned would be considered "major". But given kabams past dealings with bugged side quests (mutant treasure island for example), I feel this is worth mentioning. At the end of the day, the language in the TOS lets them ban you for anything they perceive as cheating (intentional or not). Hence why I am seeking clarification/pointing out a bug in their side quest.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,323 ★★★★★
    Not a bug or exploit. Go ahead and use the shovel/box and get all 4 paragon rewards.
  • Options
    Gonna go out on a limb here and assume the lack of official response means that this isn't an exploit. Newer posts with less important subjects than cheating have been acknowledged by kabam, so I will just take this as a bonus for beating 2 kangs in one day.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 902 ★★★
    It is normal for progression change. Just a bad month for you as this month’s rewards are not as juicy as previous months. Also, if you had waited a few days, you can double dip on TB and Paragon offers as well! Of course you will have to spend more units or cash…
  • Options
    SammyDe said:

It is normal for progression change. Just a bad month for you as this month’s rewards are not as juicy as previous months. Also, if you had waited a few days, you can double dip on TB and Paragon offers as well! Of course you will have to spend more units or cash…

I feel ya on all this. But I've only got the $ and units for one mini splurge, so I wanted to push for paragon before the weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing the deals tho! Also credit where credit is due, both Kang fights were super fun. I took about 2 years off the game, and those fights were a breath of fresh air compared to all the shenanigans in act 6