**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone still feel like there is too much AQ?

bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 754 ★★★★
I know it's 4 days now, which is less than before. We do AQ starting Monday for 4 days. So Mon-Tues, Tues-Wed, Wed-Thurs, Thurs-Fri. It's 4 24h days, but since it starts Monday and ends Friday, it feels like it's 5 days. The whole week we are doing AQ. And then there's technically 72 hours off which is 3 days, but since AQ ends Fri and starts again Mon, it feels like it's only 2 days off - Sat and Sun. I wish they made AQ 3 days when they changed it recently. Such a tedious game mode.

Comments

• Options
    Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    Aq is dismal. Annoying that everyone feels pressed to pay it.

Gimmie a top tier war and bgs spot and never do aq again…..and I’m in.
  • Options
    Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    Do aq for.2 or 3 days?
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,729 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Nothing stops you from doing 3 days of AQ instead of the full four. Go for it if that's what you want.

I have players in my alliance that don't do the full 4 days (previously 5) they just join when they are free... Real life takes priority over a game.
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    TBH,
    AQ nowadays is waaaaay less stressful than before
  • Options
    Masaraksh1Masaraksh1 Posts: 62
    The regime is good, but I'm tired. I enter it with great laziness. But it is definitely needed to stay up with other players.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    I still havent worked out how the new system works.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    AQ is so much more tolerable now. We have a consistent schedule, M-Th. Yes it ends on Friday but we clear it early morning so it doesn't drag. We have freed up our weekends, so there's only war! It's flexible enough we can change up the schedule when things like holidays happen.

There will always be something that folks complain about, I'm just saying AQ is better now than it ever was.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,250 ★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

I know it's 4 days now, which is less than before. We do AQ starting Monday for 4 days. So Mon-Tues, Tues-Wed, Wed-Thurs, Thurs-Fri. It's 4 24h days, but since it starts Monday and ends Friday, it feels like it's 5 days. The whole week we are doing AQ. And then there's technically 72 hours off which is 3 days, but since AQ ends Fri and starts again Mon, it feels like it's only 2 days off - Sat and Sun. I wish they made AQ 3 days when they changed it recently. Such a tedious game mode.

Not too much, but just incredibly repetitive and mind-numbing boring.

Glory is nice, but glory store resources and their scaling costs, are overpriced to keep us playing in a loop of mind-numbing boring AQ.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I have no problem with there being an AQ game mode. What I have a problem with is how repetitive and boring the mode is and how unforgiving it can be as well. Taking a day away doesn't make the other 4 days less boring. It's the same defenders, over and over and over again.

My suggestions are-
    1. Find a way to make the paths less repetitive. Swap defenders, give better benefits for lane buffs or something.
    2. The 6-hr Attack/Health boosts should apply to both AW and AQ.
    3. Give us boosts like AW has with Invulnerability, Power Start and Regen.
    4. The higher health pots need to be available for glory and the prices for the current pots needs to be reduced. I'm tired of a simple mistake that will cost me 5 items from one death.
    5. The global buffs need to be updated.

Also, get rid of the stupid "poke" function. This is just personal for me since I have someone in my BG that uses it nearly every hour.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023

I have no problem with there being an AQ game mode. What I have a problem with is how repetitive and boring the mode is and how unforgiving it can be as well. Taking a day away doesn't make the other 4 days less boring. It's the same defenders, over and over and over again.

My suggestions are-
    1. Find a way to make the paths less repetitive. Swap defenders, give better benefits for lane buffs or something.
    2. The 6-hr Attack/Health boosts should apply to both AW and AQ.
    3. Give us boosts like AW has with Invulnerability, Power Start and Regen.
    4. The higher health pots need to be available for glory and the prices for the current pots needs to be reduced. I'm tired of a simple mistake that will cost me 5 items from one death.
    5. The global buffs need to be updated.

Also, get rid of the stupid "poke" function. This is just personal for me since I have someone in my BG that uses it nearly every hour.

The repetitiveness is my biggest issue as well. Same fights, same nodes, same BS every week. It's been old for awhile and while they did change the format, which is great, they missed by not changing the paths and defenders.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 ★★★★★
    3 days would be gyattt
  • Options
    I love the new system. It is really good. Reduced AQ a lot. However, with increasing prestige, it feels like healthpools are growing insanely high. It takes a while to clear a lane. I'm kinda getting fatigued with it. (map8).
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,341 ★★★★★
    I've joined the map-6 Alliance, non AQ focus.
    You should try that too, unless that's too much as well.
  • Options
    DeepworldDeepworld Posts: 284 ★★★
    AQ is kinda like homework. Useful in the long run, boring to do.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,341 ★★★★★
    Deepworld said:

AQ is kinda like homework. Useful in the long run, boring to do.

What? I loved homework, I also made sure to remind teachers to give in case they forget. 😀
  • Options
    MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    I feel AQ has been on a long, slow curve, towards better. It is much better now than it once was. Is it perfect, of course not but it is and has been trending in the right direction for years. For the OP @bdawg923 they stated "I wish they made AQ 3 days when they changed it recently.". They did make AQ 3 days when they changed it, it's just up to you to schedule it that way. Thanks.
  • Options

Find a way to make the paths less repetitive. Swap defenders, give better benefits for lane buffs or something.

This is incredibly easy to do, except for the part where the playerbase burns down Kabam's development offices.

The problem with making content "interesting" that you do every day, or at least many days in a row, is the same problem that happened when Kabam tried to do this for Alliance war, and what regularly happens when they do this for side quests. A small percentage of the players who complain about repetitive boredom are happy - maybe - and everyone else complains about the fact that something they have to do fifty times is super hard and they have no time to learn it because it keeps changing.

They literally were excoriated for putting bleed immune minions in AQ years ago. And not only that, I monitored AQ scoring back then, not only were players complaining, the vast majority of players doing AQ were also doing substantially worse. My alliance was able to maintain the same scoring after the change, and we jumped something like three or four hundred places upward.

As they say, it is all fun and games until you die. They can make AQ more fun, but it is virtually impossible to make AQ more fun and also not kill 80% of the players doing it. And as you point out, potions are expensive in AQ. First it is weird and unknown and exciting, but also lethal. Then you learn it and get used to it and it becomes interesting. And then finally it becomes old hat and gets boring. That's the progression, and it happens at different rates for different players. There's no way to tune AQ so that it stays in the interesting zone for even a good chunk of the playerbase.
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 639 ★★★
    I don’t feel like it’s too much, honestly I blink and the 4 days are up but it’s still as boring as ever.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    No
  • Options
    SoSA__RemakeSoSA__Remake Posts: 135
    This gotta be galverez, i know its you man.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    My only complaint with AQ now is the timing of rewards. As an officer, if you're trying to replace members, you're going to be a few hours into day 1 by the time rewards come out. So you either have to choose to not run AQ on Monday, or be willing to run one short for a day (meaning no 100% on map 8).
  • Options
    ChrisP55ChrisP55 Posts: 16
    Maybe the updated glory store for valiant players will be worth the grind
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023

You'd hate me.

I routinely poke an ally member ingame, who is sitting next to me.

Then when that gets boring, I poke them again. With my finger.