Venom being power burned by Red Skull

I've noticed this during a few matches where I have taken Venom up against Red Skull.

For normal champions that hit into the Red Skull's block, they are power burned for a certain amount.

Venom, while the Klyntar buff is active, is immune to power burn and drain abilities, so why is his power being burned during this match ups?

Unfortunately I can not attach a video of the fight, but I do recommend trying the match up to see if the same thing is happening for you

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

How in the world do you guys keep track of all of these interactions?

I didn't even know about the Venom one, much less that it wasn't just a power burn coming from Red Skull.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian

Everyone who commented this interaction had atleast screwed up once against redskull with a power burn champ, hitting his block, and eventually spent units.
    You forget theory, but you never forget something for which you got punished upon lol.
    I love Venom, and of course I brought him into an AW fight against a Red Skull ages ago, because of course that's going to work.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,873 ★★★★★

In Red Skulls case, I always think back to this old thread by DNA: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/88604/master-mode-red-skull-a-contest-of-champions-story/p1
  • Mana_RiderMana_Rider Member Posts: 6
    Learn something new every day

I read the abilities wrong and thought the power drain was dependent on the number of buffs on redskull
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★

While you were partying, we studied the Battlerealm (and also Blade)...