14 days before banquet

The rewards from AW will arrive on Wednesday (if all goes well), that's the 6th.
But wealso have to be with a new alliance on the 6th. This can become very tight, especially when if the rewards are delayed.
Is it an idea to shorten the 14 days to 13 days?
@Kabam Miike

Comments

• Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Is there any reason this period can’t be shortened to 10 days or 7 days to avoid the problem all together?

I don’t understand the need for any buffer period to begin with so maybe someone explaining why you can’t just be in the alliance on 12/20 would help understand the need for 14 days.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,395 Guardian

Is there any reason this period can’t be shortened to 10 days or 7 days to avoid the problem all together?

I don’t understand the need for any buffer period to begin with so maybe someone explaining why you can’t just be in the alliance on 12/20 would help understand the need for 14 days.

If they did that, then you'd miss out on rewards that the alliance achieved during your blackout period just like what we see with the alliance BG event. However, since the blackout period covers the whole event, you just have to wait for the blackout period to end and you can contribute and get every milestone the alliance got during your blackout period.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★

It's to prevent summoners from making an appliance to get the alliance milestones the first few days then forming a new alliances with the same players to get another set of alliance rewards. I know it sounds crazy but there are many summoners who would definitely do this. Two Alliance rewards would be to tempting not to do. The solo rewards won't be affected by this either so it's a win win situation.
  • RabarberstengelRabarberstengel Member Posts: 14
    Pikolu said:

Did you know that 15 hours can save you 15% or less on Banquet insurance?

Thanks..
    missed this one..
    Got it now, thanks all.

I didn’t connect the dots that the 14 day blackout period matched up to the 14 day length of the event.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    Why can't Kabam reduce the cooldown to 7 days? Who the heck puts 2 weeks of ban? The hell. Almost half a month of wanking around.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    Oh well, those who abused should've got rewards wiped.
    PT_99 said:

Why can't Kabam reduce the cooldown to 7 days? Who the heck puts 2 weeks of ban? The hell. Almost half a month of wanking around.

I didn’t get it at first either but now I see why it can’t be shorter.

The “blackout period” is 14 days and the event runs 14 days. This means you can’t possibly be in two alliances during the event and contribute to both during the event and get double the rewards. The blackout period has to be as long as the event is for this to work. If it’s only 7 days, you can rack up alliance rewards day 1, then switch alliances and get all the alliance milestones again in 7 days while the event is still active.

I still don’t understand why the rule can’t just be that you have to be in the alliance on day 1 of the event to get the rewards. If you switch during the event you wouldn’t get any that way so no double dipping and no blackout. This would allow switching up until 12/20 and no switching after.