Options

Is banquet even worth it to an uncollected player?

I have 160 units I cannot in my right mind drop units on this event it’s not super game changing unless I’m really lucky but it would be like gambling to do i pay cav push rent or bet it all I’m fine on champs I have 5 6 star 36 5 stars I just at the level I’m at justify this it’s to expensive and too risky

Comments

• Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 271 ★★
    I’m just doing some rank ups right now cav push is coming here soon i recently got a Shuri and a Ibomb and I need to finished leveling my apoc so unless this gives me a million iso imma pass
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,166 ★★★★★
    Yes, last year my UC account at the time went from 2 6* before the event to 15 after
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,218 ★★★★
    If you have the units, then yes
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 506 ★★★
    Have a look, it's not worth it to anyone
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,574 ★★★★★
    Damn, as an uncollected player you won't get this kind of deal, two 6* Abyss is nothing to sleep on, bruh, invest heavily, this whole event is designed specifically for Uncollected players 😭
  • Options
    Eh I’m skilled enough to where I don’t need it i hit uncollected with 4 stars I’m not concerned
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 506 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Damn, as an uncollected player you won't get this kind of deal, two 6* Abyss is nothing to sleep on, bruh, invest heavily, this whole event is designed specifically for Uncollected players 😭

Lol, puh-lease, abyss nexus? 2021 wants their crystal back
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,174 ★★★★★
    You know Kabam messed up big time when the question "Is the Banquet event even worth it?" needs to be asked by anyone of any progression level lmao
  • Options

PT_99 said:

Lol, puh-lease, abyss nexus? 2021 wants their crystal back
    When was last time uncollected got 2 Abyss Nexus in 2021?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Exactly i *should* be super excited but I’m not because with battlegrounds I can hit plat with barely anything and not only do I get 6 star shards and usually get two 6 stars per season and I get plenty of tokens for five stars if I need it spending Units just isn’t worth it battlegrounds invalidates this event
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Exactly i *should* be super excited but I’m not because with battlegrounds I can hit plat with barely anything and not only do I get 6 star shards and usually get two 6 stars per season and I get plenty of tokens for five stars if I need it spending Units just isn’t worth it battlegrounds invalidates this event

In your case, no, it does not, you get better things for Banquet at your progression lvl, even with BGs
  • Options
    Trust us, you will wish you had MORE 6* heroes the more you move up in act-6 act-7 act-8 storyline, uncollected is feeling breeze because it's handicapped now after so many nerfs and much better heroes now.
  • Options
    Whatever honestly I’m assuming none of you are at the same level as me because you all seem to be talking from a paragon/valiant standpoint and also it’s my account my opinion I don’t see it as worth it end of story
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

Everyone gets a free pass to Plat in BGs. You'll never get past it w/o a good roster.
  • Options
    I wasn’t asking anyone I was stating that’s it’s not worth it I never asked for anyone’s opinion I expected it though because that’s what a forum is a place to share opinions and facts
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    edited December 2023

I wasn’t asking anyone I was stating that’s it’s not worth it I never asked for anyone’s opinion I expected it though because that’s what a forum is a place to share opinions and facts

Yeah, and in this case the fact is that it would be worth for you, you can think otherwise, that would not change the fact.

Edit: Also, read again the title of your discussion.
  • Options
    Fair point I should’ve worded the title better but let’s just agree to disagree
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    In all the discussion about the milestones and unit costs it's like people forgot the actual banquet crystals exist.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    It's kind of a moot point since you hardly have any units anyway. You'll get a bunch of free Greater Banquet Crystals and those have a real chance to drastically transform your account. If there was an option to either open them or trade them in for units, I'd absolutely recommend opening them. There's a lot of chatter about the event not being especially enticing or worthwhile, but that comes from endgame players. For UC players, it's one of the best events all year.

Now, if you had a bunch of units ready to go, we could discuss whether they'd be better served spent on GBCs or on progression. But you don't, and one thing I absolutely do not recommend is to actually buy - with real money - a bunch of units to spend on the Banquet event.

So just enjoy the free crystals you'll get during the event, and do everything that gives you more of them (for free). Chances are that you'll have a great event, even if you don't actually buy any additional crystals.
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 181 ★★
    Don't feed the troll
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★

You weren’t asking yet the title of the post is “ Is banquet even worth it to an uncollected player?”

Do you understand what a question is?
  • Options
    This poster stinks from the typical uncollected player who had the privilege of blasting through story content from act-1 to 5 in short amount of time, thanks to Kabam nerfing and abundance of 6* right away.

But like always act-6 will humble him and in that period, he will wish he did not skipped the banquet rewards which are designed for him.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Nah don’t say I blasted through 1-5 I’m fine with being called Troll so what it’s the internet but don’t tell me I didn’t earn my progession I got really lucky with a phc and I got Claire plus I did most of my progesssion pre nerf so don’t tell me I didn’t earn it when I did the same stuff you did
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,593 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

You know Kabam messed up big time when the question "Is the Banquet event even worth it?" needs to be asked by anyone of any progression level lmao

While I agree, I don’t get the sense this gives the team any concerns.

I might imagine the perspective is that BF/CM was available to everyone, and that the upper end players will get lots of loot from Necro deaths in January (assuming the team sorts that all out promptly), and that if you spend a little in December you get a bundle of at least marginally useful stuff. Lower end players get quite a bit of things they can use. It comes across as a “you can’t make everyone happy so why try” approach.

Dr. Zola