**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

why wasn't war pushed back a few weeks?

startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
war is going to fall on christmas and new years and players probably want to spend time with their families or they're not in the right shape for it.

i understand that not everybody celebrates christmas, and it's fine if they don't, but it's big enough to warrant a small break imo, especially during new years where except for a few countries, it's celebrated globally.

we acknowledge and celebrate saint patricks day, valentines day, chinese new year, july 4, and even given gifts on the 25th, it's very disappointing that the season wasn't pushed back. how come? it's just 2 weeks.

Comments

• Options
    christmas and new years is big enough to accommodate. i mean, there's a reason why most don't work on the 25th and 1st. a two week break wouldn't hurt anything...
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★
    Many alliances are opting out this season, talk to your leadership
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 611 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    So take a two week break it won’t hurt anything, but be honest you, telling me you don’t hop on and play a couple minutes here and there at minimum on those days?
  • Options
    Dwayne55Dwayne55 Posts: 123
    How awesome would it be if people decided to just not participate in the banquet event. Dollars in pockets is the loudest voice of all
  • Options

So take a two week break it won’t hurt anything, but be honest you, telling me you don’t hop on and play a couple minutes here and there at minimum on those days?

someone's gotta plan and direct war. do they spend hours doing it while their christmas dinner gets cold? do you excuse yourself from a new years party for the same reason? people are busy, going to parties and spending time with family and friends. many are drunk. even for those who don't have plans they might just want a day off.

alliances included responsibilities and the game already demands a lot of time, taking two weeks off for the holidays would have been a great move.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    I’m not convinced it isn’t bugged. Block damages outright killing people atm
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★

someone's gotta plan and direct war. do they spend hours doing it while their christmas dinner gets cold? do you excuse yourself from a new years party for the same reason? people are busy, going to parties and spending time with family and friends. many are drunk. even for those who don't have plans they might just want a day off.

alliances included responsibilities and the game already demands a lot of time, taking two weeks off for the holidays would have been a great move.
    Then don't play. It's not rocket science. Kabam isn't forcing you to do anything.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    Miike already explained the reason
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Then don't play. It's not rocket science. Kabam isn't forcing you to do anything.
    Yeah they only created a situation unapologetically where people have to either let down their alliance or family or outright leave their alliance to find a place more casual… oh and they did this the day cutoff for Banquent started. Totally seems like we should all have their side on this. 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    Because of the magical immovable schedule

Holdiays aren't important, unless it brings in some Caaash
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 556 ★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Bro just dont play the game if you really wanna celebrate it lmfao

Why are you all booing him?

He’s right
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    Honest question what tier of alliance are the ones complaining about this schedule?
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,393 ★★★★

war is going to fall on christmas and new years and players probably want to spend time with their families or they're not in the right shape for it.

i understand that not everybody celebrates christmas, and it's fine if they don't, but it's big enough to warrant a small break imo, especially during new years where except for a few countries, it's celebrated globally.

we acknowledge and celebrate saint patricks day, valentines day, chinese new year, july 4, and even given gifts on the 25th, it's very disappointing that the season wasn't pushed back. how come? it's just 2 weeks.

Wait what ? Since when was war pushed back for Valentine’s Day and the others you mentioned ?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

Wow lol, this is quite dramatic.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,737 ★★★★★

I hope you don't log in to claim you Christmas gift either. Wouldn't want dinner to get cold.

Ah yes because having to strategize war paths and doing numerous of fights, requires the same amount of effort as simply logging in to claim a prize.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,737 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

I hope you don't log in to claim you Christmas gift either. Wouldn't want dinner to get cold.

Ah yes because having to strategize war paths and doing numerous of fights, requires the same amount of effort as simply logging in to claim a prize.
    War starts at 430pm or so on the 25th. It goes untill 1pm on the 27th because it's 48hrs. In the past we didn't have 2 days of attack. We didn't have persistent placement so you can set it and forget it. We didn't have paths that weren't linked and have to wait for someone to take them down.

My path 9 takes a total of 15 minutes at the most to do both sections and at least one of the mini boss fights.

I can understand if attack phase was on the 25th and we only had 24 hours but that's not the case anymore.
    Im not necessarily disagreeing with you I was just simply addressing the false equivalency in your previous point. Although even with 48 hours, it still tampers with coordination for some, as some celebrate holidays while others dont. As a result, it makes it harder for the two parties to properply contact and coordinate things. I personally dont care about the whole thing, but it is clear why some will be mad.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    Due to prior commitments and contractual obligations as they say
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

• Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 709 ★★★
    edited December 2023

Why does someone HAVE to plan and direct? What devastating thing could possibly happen if one or two AWs are not fought.

To answer your questions... yes. If your alliance leadership is so vested in playing a game that they themselves can't be rational people and give their alliance members a holiday break, then they can plan while dinner gets cold and excuse themselves from a party.

People are going to be busy during the holidays. But you and your alliance leaders are making a conscious choice to partake in the game instead of focusing on what's important. Therefore it kind of feels like the game is ultimately more important. The schedule is there. No one is forcing anyone to play. If you and your alliance leaders value what is important, then opt to forgo 2 AWs for the sake of real life. Will it truly be the end of the world or is the addiction just too much.

This is a two way street. It's not all on Kabam. Have the stones to speak up to your alliance leaders and explain exactly what you're lamenting about here. If they give a rip about their members, they'll do the right thing. If they push through like usual, maybe it's time to think about how your alliance leaders value you and your real life.
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 693 ★★★

Bohooo bruh this is like the most nolifer complain i heard in my life. If you really have issues with choosing between spending time with your family and mcoc, it already means you dont really care about spending time with your family anyways. If my family member complained about not having time for me cuz of some mobile video game i would question their bond with me 😂
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    No one needs to plan War for hours now. We have persistent placement.

To be honest, I've always had the stance that life will go on if you miss the game to be with family for the holidays.
  • Options

ya cause spending hours planning on both christmas eve and news years is equivalent to taking 45 seconds to claim something. perfect comparison.

i should have just said we NEED war on these dates and you have been like no we don't!