Same Old Battlegrounds + humble brag

NebraskaBatmanNebraskaBatman Member Posts: 15 β˜…
Sorry in advance for bringing up the same argument, but isn't there a better way to set up Battlegrounds matchmaking besides same rank. I'm in DiamondIV and was just matched against someone basically twice my strength. (Luckily not twice my skill 😏). I just broke 11k prestige and theirs was over 19k. I'm competing against rank 3 7* champs while trying to scrape up resources to get the paragon requirements. (Even though I've completed the quests).

I'm just saying, why not match with equal deck strengths? Then it's truly a competition of skill and strategy rather than the same old system of "rich-get-richer" that every other game mode uses. Someone with rank3 7 star champs could build a weaker deck if they wanted to compete against accounts like mine. Can't wait for the "get good" comments. Give me your worst.

Comments

• GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2023
    It wont get better…I got 10 x 7*r1 and 8 x R4s and 1 R5, rest R3…16k prestige. Up against full R4/5 7/2+ decks every time, and I have to pick defender first 90% of the time…its rigged imo.

(D1 atm)
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,300 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2023
    Same rewards, same competition.

Ask Kabam to adjust/reduce BG rewards based on story progression level if you want fair matchmaking.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,834 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If you are using 5*'s, you probably have not earned the right to advance past diamond.
  • ChrisPowellChrisPowell Member Posts: 139 β˜…
    Yeah, they should stop resetting the matching every season so accounts can settle near like accounts.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,447 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm not here to tell you to get good, however I am here to ask what makes you think you deserve to skip 50% of the competition and get into GC while others have to face them. Does that actually make sense in your head?
  • AvnishAvnish Member Posts: 453 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Seen multiple discussion like this. But this is interesting to think what could be the solution for this. Op is saying bg matches should matchup with equal strength.

What if there is no match available with same strength in daimond4. Only matchs are available with high account for diamond4. So kabam can't make your match with platinum1 then platinum1 summoner will do the same complaint saying why they got matched with diamond4.

And what should be the exact parameters to calculate strength. Becuz some players have high prestige with low champion rating and vice varsa. There so many points like this.

Bro this bg sometime you get easy matches then you are not complaining. But if you got some hard matches than you came here to complaint.

And also some high tier account don't want to face difficulty in BG so they start after 10-12 days so that they can get easier opponent and they can easily win. There is no fault of kabam for matchmaking and you can't force some summoners to start bg from day1.

Just one solution for this improve you skill and make your account stronger. So that you can easily survive the game.

Note - Because act 6 grandmaster is same for everyone becuz the rewards are same. So you can't complain that I have small account why grandmaster is not going easy on me. I have only 4* or 5* blah blah blah!!
  • AvnishAvnish Member Posts: 453 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    GrO_ot78 said:

It wont get better…I got 10 x 7*r1 and 8 x R4s and 1 R5, rest R3…16k prestige. Up against full R4/5 7/2+ decks every time, and I have to pick defender first 90% of the time…its rigged imo.

(D1 atm)

@GrO_ot78 Why bro you don't have R2 you didn't explored 8.3 and necropolis completion. If not then there is only your fault because you are not improving with your roaster and you just want high reward from BG. It is not like that. You are paragon than you always get matched with paragon only. From where on earth kabam will bring the exact account you have.

And you have only R5..These days usually every avarage paragon player would have 2-4 R5 and 1 R2 atleast. Don't complain bro improve your roaster.
  • NebraskaBatmanNebraskaBatman Member Posts: 15 β˜…

Where is the humble brag? You lost the match in 2 rounds :D

The humble brag is that I had a chance in both rounds due to strong showing on my part. Especially in rd2 where I barely lost and solely due to time. I thought this was obvious, surprised you missed it.
    PT_99 said:

Same rewards, same competition.

Ask Kabam to adjust/reduce BG rewards based on story progression level if you want fair matchmaking.

You ignored my suggestion. How is it unfair to award based on skill instead of strength in one single game mode?
    BeastDad said:

If you are using 5*'s, you probably have not earned the right to advance past diamond.

I don't disagree, but that's my point. Why not make a game mode where rewards are based on skill rather than how long you've been playing? FWIW, I've been playing this game for 5ish years, but just recently returned from a year long hiatus because I had my first child. Obviously alot has changed in the last year.

I'm not here to tell you to get good, however I am here to ask what makes you think you deserve to skip 50% of the competition and get into GC while others have to face them. Does that actually make sense in your head?

I'm not sure what you think anyone would be skipping. Just hear me out, what about a BG similar mode where anyone could construct a deck from a pool of 5/65 champs. Then all strength is equal, and it truly comes down to skill and strategy. I'm simply asking why there isn't a single game mode based on skill rather than account progression? (I'm not actually asking because I know the answer is money).
  • BayouemBayouem Member Posts: 99 β˜…
    Was his deck all five stars lol?
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Member Posts: 1,993 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Where is the humble brag? You lost the match in 2 rounds :D

The humble brag is that I had a chance in both rounds due to strong showing on my part. Especially in rd2 where I barely lost and solely due to time. I thought this was obvious, surprised you missed it.
    Probably missed it because 1. how is it a brag 2. humble brag is an oxymoron
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,773 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I'm not sure what you think anyone would be skipping. Just hear me out, what about a BG similar mode where anyone could construct a deck from a pool of 5/65 champs. Then all strength is equal, and it truly comes down to skill and strategy. I'm simply asking why there isn't a single game mode based on skill rather than account progression? (I'm not actually asking because I know the answer is money).
    If the deck was only for 5 stars, this won't benefit Kabam or the players that either spend big or grind big to have a better roster. It would growing your roster useless, since monthly quest, side quest, AQ and war (unless top tier war) won't require anything above a 6 star rank 4. Everest content only requires a few champs to handle it. Players would stop spending on upgrading the 6 and 7 star champs this would make Kabam less money, not good for keeping the game active. Most players are upgrading champs for BG these days. You're idea would put the game in jeopardy. There's always skill invovled to win so even a stacked roster has to beat other stacked roster. That's why the top players are always the most skilled players with very similar roster. If you took the most skilled players using max 5 stars against an above average skilled players using max 6 stars they would have a hard time winning. This makes players want to rank up their higher tier champs as much as possible. This makes Kabam happy and the big spenders happy to have an advantage.

If the deck was only for 5 stars, this won't benefit Kabam or the players that either spend big or grind big to have a better roster. It would growing your roster useless, since monthly quest, side quest, AQ and war (unless top tier war) won't require anything above a 6 star rank 4. Everest content only requires a few champs to handle it. Players would stop spending on upgrading the 6 and 7 star champs this would make Kabam less money, not good for keeping the game active. Most players are upgrading champs for BG these days. You're idea would put the game in jeopardy. There's always skill invovled to win so even a stacked roster has to beat other stacked roster. That's why the top players are always the most skilled players with very similar roster. If you took the most skilled players using max 5 stars against an above average skilled players using max 6 stars they would have a hard time winning. This makes players want to rank up their higher tier champs as much as possible. This makes Kabam happy and the big spenders happy to have an advantage.
    This are good points. Thanks for the feedback. I understand it's a company that has to make money. They don't need to do anyone any favors. Better for them to appeal to the whales.
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,079 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

This are good points. Thanks for the feedback. I understand it's a company that has to make money. They don't need to do anyone any favors. Better for them to appeal to the whales.
    If you and your opponent played 100 times he would probably beat you 95+ times. If kabam implemented your system, you would finish ahead of him in the standing, do you think that's fair?

If you and your opponent played 100 times he would probably beat you 95+ times. If kabam implemented your system, you would finish ahead of him in the standing, do you think that's fair?
    If I'm better than my opponent, I should finish ahead of them in the standings. Yes, I think thats very fair. Am I misunderstanding?
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,538 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Skill issue
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 246 β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2023
    You people don't want a reason to progress in the game. Everything must be revolve around you, huh?
    And it was a competition of skill, you both sucked and that's why y'all were in diamond IV 🀣 just so happen that you sucked more so you lost
  • Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Member Posts: 273 β˜…β˜…
    It's roster based not skilled. Get a better roster you'll be fine. Last season(not the one that just ended) I was always running into ppl better than me. This season (roster heavy improved) probably 60%of my matches up to diamond 2 people would quite the 2nd they saw my roster.

It's roster based not skilled. Get a better roster you'll be fine. Last season(not the one that just ended) I was always running into ppl better than me. This season (roster heavy improved) probably 60%of my matches up to diamond 2 people would quite the 2nd they saw my roster.

Yes I agree with this. I know that's how it currently is, I'm just voicing my opinion how a different mode might be cool. Too bad the whales and giants really stick together. Seems like they run these forums and try to shut down new ideas that conflict with the rich getter richer. Seems soft.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,566 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Yes I agree with this. I know that's how it currently is, I'm just voicing my opinion how a different mode might be cool. Too bad the whales and giants really stick together. Seems like they run these forums and try to shut down new ideas that conflict with the rich getter richer. Seems soft.

True!

And about your roster ,if you have at least 12 6* mixed with 5* above 10k PI you will have more chance on BG
    πŸ‘