**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone else get crappier 5* pulls than me?

ADDIS0NADDIS0N Posts: 1,018 ★★★★
Here are my 5* pulls, in near-order, over the last 6 months...

Rhino
BPCW
Ronan
Loki
Loki (AGAIN)
Gambit
HB
SL
Rhino (AGAIN)

Then, dropped a lot of cash on two of the unit deals today and got these...:

Rocket...

and...

drumroll...

HB (AGAIN)

11 total pulls, with 3 useless dupes.

ONE decent champ (SL), who is pretty useless until he's duped.

I've already given up on this game once... honestly feeling like it again.

Ok, pity party is over... carry on.

*sigh*

Comments

• BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Who is HB?
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Noob question.. who's hb lol
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    It’s not just 2 or 3 champions I didn’t want to list every champion that used buffs. They were examples. Other examples are, almost the entire cosmic class, black panther CW, any other buff reliant champion.

You’d get more 5* shards in an alliance, but up to you. Fair enough then about Bp CW I was referencing Aw when talking about him.

Well then I’d be happy about star Lord until I duped him. Don’t believe me? Star Lord was my 4th 5* and I got him about a year ago. Finally duped him a couple weeks ago and now he’s rank 4, so you’re never going to dupe him until you get him for the first time so there’s no use being unhappy about getting one of the top 5* in the game.
  • FabiFabi Posts: 64
    Ant-man and Luke Cage today....two 15k crystals...
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    At least some are duped.
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    Dont worry im in the same boat as you and im 2 years and 8 months daily in this game and openened 21 5* crystals only good champ i have is duped Magik others are low tier 5*
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The luck comes and goes. I pulled Karnak, Falcon, Luke Cage, Luke Cage, 90s Cyclops. Then I just duped Magik again and pulled Voodoo, GR, AA.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Codornas wrote: »
    d62425wel36f.png
    800ffcu93g6p.png

PATRIOT 4x

Plus

Colossus
    Antman
    Rino
    Miles Morales
    Ronan
    BPCW
    dupped Gambit

Etc

That looks like a pretty nice Hulk as your avatar, though.

My only decents are:
    Dupped Hulk (R4)
    Dupped yellowjacket (R3)
    Not dupped starlord (R3)
    Not dupped Voodoo (R3)

I got a cosmic and skill gem, but no hero to use em 😪
    edited December 2017
    Accidental spam
  • Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199
    BPCW and Rhino are awesome defenders for alliance war. I'd say they are top tier defenders. I want to upgrade my 5 star Rhino eventually just to make him a defender.
  • My first 5 were
    Iron patriot
    Colossus
    Iron patriot
    Antman
    colossus
    SirTodd_83 wrote: »
    My first 5 were
    Iron patriot
    Colossus
    Iron patriot
    Antman
    colossus

Lol i feel bad for u, i mean i got all of those, but at least starlord was my 3rd
  • SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    edited December 2017
    Can't complain too much though, i finally had a run of good 5* recently. My last 3 pulls have been
    Hulk
    Ultron
    Blade.
    I would like a star lord, i have a 5* tech awakening gem burning a hole in my inventory
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Kamila Khan and Karnak on Xmas for me....FML
  • Troyster316Troyster316 Posts: 51
    IP
    Groot
    Karnak
    Gambit
    Old Man Logan

Then finally Hulk
  • Riise81Riise81 Posts: 32
    I have opened 3 5* crystals and pulled Gwenpool which I was very happy about and Luke cage twice which I'm not so happy about
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 592 ★★
    only have 3 First one was Magneto second Venom and then Black Panther. with so few whats the odds of duping for me its 99.8% With my last 2 5* crystal I duped my first two ....lol #KeepOnGrinding.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    5* luck seems to be either all or not at all. Cue up the chorus of “its only RNG,” but some accounts simply seem less likely to get great 5* options. I’m always shocked at ally mates who pull strings of great, R4-worthy champs while others suffer repeat drops of middling or terrible champs.

If you’re in the latter category, the increased 5* shards are practically meaningless, other than making arenas quicker (and depleting your T1a faster than you can say Kabam).

The answer is pretty simple...focus adjustments on champs in the 5* crystal who are widely perceived to be terrible. No need to make Cage, KK or Groot world-beaters, but at least make them more useful. Then pulling them wouldn’t be so painfully disappointing...

Dr. Zola
  • Spidey three times, Captain Marvel and Old Man Logan. I would be well happy with Starlord
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Mine are a mixed bag

Juggernaut
    Iron fist
    Spider Gwen
    Civil warrior
    Storm
    Gulltine

My Alt seems to have better luck so far

Star lord and x23
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    GROOT
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    ROCKET RACOON
    HULKBUSTER
    IRON PATRIOT
    OLD MAN LOGAN again

So I don't really want to hear any complaints, as you all have at least 2 or 3 that are better than mine.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    LUKE CAGE
    MORDO
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    The upshot of a lot of the 5* pull complaint threads is that there are parts of the game realistically out of reach and/or significantly more expensive to attempt. In theory, you don’t need a 5* to do much of the game, but some parts are beyond impossible without them (try Uncollected Ice Phoenix or even the 6* Magik in that quest with a 3*).

For new players who are still building rosters, that’s fine. But for players starting their 4th year playing this game (can’t believe I just wrote that) and still waiting for a game changing 5*, there’s really not a lot of patience left. If you threw yourself into December events (like I did) because you recognized them as a chance to improve your 5* roster finally but only got mixed results, then you understand what I mean.

Dr. Zola
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    It’s not just 2 or 3 champions I didn’t want to list every champion that used buffs. They were examples. Other examples are, almost the entire cosmic class, black panther CW, any other buff reliant champion.

You’d get more 5* shards in an alliance, but up to you. Fair enough then about Bp CW I was referencing Aw when talking about him.

Well then I’d be happy about star Lord until I duped him. Don’t believe me? Star Lord was my 4th 5* and I got him about a year ago. Finally duped him a couple weeks ago and now he’s rank 4, so you’re never going to dupe him until you get him for the first time so there’s no use being unhappy about getting one of the top 5* in the game.
    I was an officer in a 9M alliance with a fantastic group of people for a while, but the time it took to do that started burning me out... I'm a married father of two in my 40's, work full time and also gig in a really active band every weekend.

Then Kabam was pulling shenanigans left and right, threatened me with being banned and deleted some of my posts... so I ended up leaving the game for a couple months, because it was totally disrespectful and just a lame way to treat a guy who cares about the game and has invested in it with time and money.

Trying to ease back into it flying solo, now that it seems like Kabam is starting to try a little harder... but honestly having second thoughts.

Games should be fun, and this game mostly makes me feel bad.

I was an officer in a 9M alliance with a fantastic group of people for a while, but the time it took to do that started burning me out... I'm a married father of two in my 40's, work full time and also gig in a really active band every weekend.

Then Kabam was pulling shenanigans left and right, threatened me with being banned and deleted some of my posts... so I ended up leaving the game for a couple months, because it was totally disrespectful and just a lame way to treat a guy who cares about the game and has invested in it with time and money.

Trying to ease back into it flying solo, now that it seems like Kabam is starting to try a little harder... but honestly having second thoughts.

Games should be fun, and this game mostly makes me feel bad.

The game is fun. You collect Marvel IP characters and beat up opponents, using **** u collect to make fights shorter. Spend more time with your family.