**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Greater banquet crystals are unbelievably bad

2»

Comments

• Options
    UgnautUgnaut Posts: 46
    Yeah, these events are always RNG on the crystal drops and I’ve always had bad luck on them, this year is no exception. But since the drops in the crystal are so bad and the milestones have barely changed from last year, it is probably the worst event for me since I’ve been playing. I literally got nothing I actually needed so a complete waste of event for me. Too much luck involved and the guaranteed rewards are too weak.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★

I've made out not bad so far. Got my Aegon up to Sig 197, ready for Necro. Quite a number of T2A, but I can sell those. Some Paragon Crystals, lots of Gold, some Shards, T6CC Frags.....not a bad start.

People don’t mind taking the good with the bad, but from my perspective there isn’t really any good in that opening. The T6cc frags are good but not worth the risk getting all the other ‘rewards’ that don’t really do anything for my account. I don’t know where you are in the game progression wise, but as a recent Valiant player the crystals, the milestones are just not good enough to invest units in. I’ll open enough to get the Alliance Milestones, but outside of that I’ll be done. In previous years I’d spend real world money and wouldn’t mind dropping units for the chance of something special. But this year, for me, there just isn’t anything special.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

I've made out not bad so far. Got my Aegon up to Sig 197, ready for Necro. Quite a number of T2A, but I can sell those. Some Paragon Crystals, lots of Gold, some Shards, T6CC Frags.....not a bad start.

People don’t mind taking the good with the bad, but from my perspective there isn’t really any good in that opening. The T6cc frags are good but not worth the risk getting all the other ‘rewards’ that don’t really do anything for my account. I don’t know where you are in the game progression wise, but as a recent Valiant player the crystals, the milestones are just not good enough to invest units in. I’ll open enough to get the Alliance Milestones, but outside of that I’ll be done. In previous years I’d spend real world money and wouldn’t mind dropping units for the chance of something special. But this year, for me, there just isn’t anything special.
    Yeah, the unit cost is ridiculous for what is being dropped. I mean I have dropped some serious coin on good events like 7/4 this year but cyber weekend was a mediocre and this is just a bad event for paragon and valiant. Although it seems to be much better for Thronebreaker and below. I mean it’s just really poor design leaving out a large portion of the player base but I guess the upside is I’m saving some serious dough.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    Ugnaut said:

Wozzle007 said:

Yeah, the unit cost is ridiculous for what is being dropped. I mean I have dropped some serious coin on good events like 7/4 this year but cyber weekend was a mediocre and this is just a bad event for paragon and valiant. Although it seems to be much better for Thronebreaker and below. I mean it’s just really poor design leaving out a large portion of the player base but I guess the upside is I’m saving some serious dough.
    If you’re Cavalier or Thronebreaker this event is probably amazing. Maybe be even ok for early Paragon players who have large 6* roster gap. It feels strange that Kabam would want to design an event that almost purposefully disenfranchises a large chunk of the player base, the ones probably spend more on the actual game. I get wanting to push people to earn rewards through playing the game and to complete Necropolis, but I’ve done that and still have now nearly 15k of units. But now I have nothing to spend them on unless I want to wait over 7 months until 4th of July deals.
  • Options
    Supercaptain18Supercaptain18 Posts: 166
    I saved all my units from cyber weekend over 21K units

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    NEXTON said:

Sounds pretty mid to be honest.
    It's just started. I'd like to pull some 7* Shards or a Crystal, but overall, no complaints.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
    Tracking my openings :D

First 5 crystals from Accolades gifting.

Went for Tech T5CC without knowing I could do this. B)

• Options
    mbrace said:

Guy in another thread says that these crystals are awesome, but I agree that they are horrendous. I have more T5B and T2A than I know what to do with, and that’s about it. Opened 21K units in crystals and only got trash.

This is epic cluster, the drops are horrible, I mean last year the rewards would have been good. But I got the same, complete trash, it wouldn’t be so bad if the milestone rewards weren’t also trash. Also the ranked rewards I got 3% last year and the rewards are almost the same, I don’t need R4 rank up gems, I can rank up like 20 R4s right now. Anyone can copy and paste rewards. There should have been an R5 gem/R2 7* and like atleast a full 7* crystal in there to keep up with the economy of the game. Kabam just makes excuses when it fits them, they gladly cashed in over the summer and now they are like oh no, do Necropolis this event wasn’t meant for a large portion of the player base who have been waiting a FULL YEAR for it. Here is some KABAM COAL for your stocking. Don’t care if you dropped some serious coin or not on the game over the last couple years either.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    i'd love to know how many t4a shards i accumulated but there's no icon for it in catalysts menu.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    In the weirdest game moment of my life, I just realized that there are substantial numbers of four star shards and gold in the regular banquet crystals. At a far cheaper price point. Which means I will potentially get far more iso as the four star shards will add up faster than the iso drops from the greater banquet crystals. am I seriously going to end up buying those? Possibly…
  • Options
    Supercaptain18Supercaptain18 Posts: 166
    I don’t agree with anyone because I did the same 21K units and got lots of 6*s and some great results from the solo milestones but I understand that higher players feel these should be buffed I’m only cavalier
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I don’t agree with anyone because I did the same 21K units and got lots of 6*s and some great results from the solo milestones but I understand that higher players feel these should be buffed I’m only cavalier

I mean, I just took one of my alts across conqueror with some four-star champs, and then opened banquet crystals to get a parcel of champs who were immediately more powerful than anything else in the account. So sure? Completely meaningless and done for the laughs, but if I really wanted to use that account for anything that would’ve been epic. Same opening on my main account is a total waste of my time.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
    So I didn’t know the awakening gems were like 1% and I got 2 of them. Didn’t need them at all I have 7 so it’s a wasted 1% ://///
  • Options
    Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    It’s RNG folks. That’s how it has always worked. I opened 4 and got 2 paragon gifted crystals from 1 GGC. With a chance to pull a 7* which I got a 7* Adam Warlock from. Last 2 banquets I got much less lucky. It is what it.
  • Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Best thing I got from them was the iso at the start, these crystals are horrendous
  • Options

Getting better and better for me.
  • Options

....and better and better.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,688 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Honestly though, I'm a decently stacked Valiant

Explored necro already?

• Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Always has been, I skipped 4/5 X-Mas Events since I‘m playing because only Newbies + big spenders profit.

Always go for Cyber Week with guaranteed rewards (you get what u pay for) over X-Mas.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    WOLF_LINK said:

Always has been, I skipped 4/5 X-Mas Events since I‘m playing because only Newbies + big spenders profit.

Always go for Cyber Week with guaranteed rewards (you get what u pay for) over X-Mas.

I never understood why all players seemed to value Banquet so highly. Aside from the Milestones, the event has too much emphasis on RNG. Even the Milestones themselves are just okay for TB+ level players, with Paragon+ only interested in the highest milestones.

Just like how I hate Rift SQs because you can put in the same work and end up with vastly worse rewards, GBC has you pay the same amount as other players, wind up with worse rewards, and have the better rewards be shoved in your face by other players.

It is the same thing as spending 300 units on a Featured Paragon crystal - very few people will pull the featured 7-star, and most people will end up with a 4-star that they will never use. The popular advice players say is to never buy a Featured crystal unless you want a 3/4-star. Yet, somehow, the same players will say with a straightface how amazing GBCs are.

• Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Lol 80 crystals and only 2250 7 star shards. That sucks bro
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    NEXTON said:

Sounds pretty mid to be honest.
    It's good for a cavalier account. Valiant just left shaking their heads. Yay more t5b and t2a! Thats what I wanted.