Kabam support is unimaginable :(

VinodcherylVinodcheryl Member Posts: 12
Dear folks -

I needed a help with an account related issue and for security Kabam asked first 2 purchases and account creation date.

I have moved from iOS to android n back to iOS 2 times in last 6 years. How do I get purchases from App Store which I don’t use anymore??

I asked Kabam is creation the app downloaded date or Kabam id created date ?

The response from support is ridiculous and keep repeating the same thing like a bot!

For account-related requests, we first need you to verify account ownership. We follow this practice because we are serious about account security and keeping player accounts safe.

Looking at the answers you have given, some information that was provided to our security questions is incorrect.

How is this helpful, please help!

Thanks
Cherry

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    You need the info, no way around it. Go to your bank and ask for your bank statements
  • VinodcherylVinodcheryl Member Posts: 12
    Thaanks @ahmynuts ! 6 years back mate. I don’t know if it was a credit card or saving account :(?

Why they ask recent 2 ?

Also what’s the problem in clarifying if it’s the app downloaded date or Kabam id created date..??

They are pasting the same response again n again
  • ZhaZha Member Posts: 17
    Save yourself the stress. Perhaps you can buy the cheapest deal in the game twice to serve as 2 most recent purchases
    I can do that @Zha but they want first 2 purchases date n amount mate

Please read it as “Why can’t they ask for recent 2””

Thaanks @ahmynuts ! 6 years back mate. I don’t know if it was a credit card or saving account :(?

Why they ask recent 2 ?

Also what’s the problem in clarifying if it’s the app downloaded date or Kabam id created date..??

They are pasting the same response again n again

• laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★

I can do that @Zha but they want first 2 purchases date n amount mate

Perhaps the person you bought it from has that info
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 411 ★★★
    What’s your “account problem” that required this solution?
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Member Posts: 480 ★★★
    Outside the box solution: have you worked with support before and already given this info? Maybe it’s in an old sent email?
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    I went through this when I had an accidental unit purchase in game. I finally got it in the ballpark after several exchanges and got it corrected. It mattered to me, but in the scheme of the game at that time, I think they relented because of the small value. But the experience remains in the back of my mind on big purchase decisions. I tend to go with smaller ones I can live with getting screwed up. I am not entirely confident they would be so lenient on the details when big $$$’s are involved. They really do need another way of verification .
    Perfectly said @DrZola and @Chuck_Finley 👏👏👏
    Am ready to dig my old play store login. Please can you share where do I find receipts?

Secondly does Kabam need Kabam account creation date or app download date ? - Atleast this
    The support can say, but they don’t!
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Kabam account creation date.
    Thanks @winterthur 👍

If you know who to check purchases on play store, please share steps. Ignore if you are ok iOS thanks
  • ReyAlemánReyAlemán Member Posts: 92
    My little brother has the same issue, he started to play without owning a "credit/debit" card so "we" (older brothers that were playing the game too) made some purchases for him like 8-9 years ago. We've tried to guess which purchases are his but without any success so far. :neutral:
    @ReyAlemán very legit scenario! Same with my fiend when he bought deals for his son and his son after he had a bank account purchased his deals. No luck so far to transfer his dad email to son’s ! Kabam bots repeat the same copy/paste!
    I wasn't joking with my suggestion. When I wanted to change my email, i literally had to go to my bank and ask them to print out all of the statements for accounts that haven't even existed for years and look through them to see the first time i spent money in game
    I agree @ahmynuts i checked thru my savings/current account and I provided which they said incorrect. I used a couple of credit cards that I may have used not sure, but those are closed now.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I wasn't joking with my suggestion. When I wanted to change my email, i literally had to go to my bank and ask them to print out all of the statements for accounts that haven't even existed for years and look through them to see the first time i spent money in game

If I recall correctly, I think I even screenshotted my initial purchases off my iTunes readout and provided them. It wasn’t sufficient.

Dr. Zola
  • spellbindermagespellbindermage Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2023
    Nobody has time to read every game every program every products continually updating rules and restrictions. I went to play MCOC on an emulator because my eyesight is getting bad and glasses are not good with the phone lighting. it was merely to have a larger screen, that's all. They wanted to suspend the account for 7 days giving no courtesy warning & responses that no exceptions in removing the suspension (they could change the rules to include, not cheating , but rather than 'not using 3rd party software', to use it specifically to have a larger screen) so I just stopped playing, as did a number of our friends for the way they handled it with no compromise. There are plenty of great pc games worth the money & time with far better quality and which will not burn our phones out. If they want our support & money and to continue to grow they should allow us to play on a larger screen without a penalty. Stop the cheating by making a connection, in game, to have a MCoC sponsored emulator.
    To anyone who wants to argue or make clever comments, I really don't care. It is a company's responsibility to make it the easiest and least restrictive means for those who support and contribute to the games. I didn't cheat by using an emulator regardless of the many rules to stop cheaters. Make it to wear it can be played the same on a big screen without the excuses. I honestly don't care for back an forths; this is just a statement to make others aware and to make a suggestion to the gaming companies.

Nobody has time to read every game every program every products continually updating rules and restrictions. I went to play MCOC on an emulator because my eyesight is getting bad and glasses are not good with the phone lighting. it was merely to have a larger screen, that's all. They wanted to suspend the account for 7 days and give no warning or change the rules to include not cheating rather than not using 3rd party software to have a larger screen, so I just stopped playing, as did a number of our friends for the way they handle it with no compromise or changing the allowance for larger screen. There are plenty of great pc games worth the money & time with far better quality, and burning our phones out. If they want our support & money and to continue to grow they should allow us to play on a bigger screen without a penalty. Stop the cheating by making a connection, in game, to have a MCoC sponsored emulator.

Buy an iPad, project your phone to your tv, mirror the screen with a screen mirroring program, play the game through OBS capture, etc etc. There are many ways to play the game on a larger screen that don't violate the TOS, using an emulator is not one of them and it's no one's fault but yours that you didn't read the TOS. Also if you don't like it don't play, they won't miss you.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,361 Guardian

Nobody has time to read every game every program every products continually updating rules and restrictions. I went to play MCOC on an emulator because my eyesight is getting bad and glasses are not good with the phone lighting. it was merely to have a larger screen, that's all. They wanted to suspend the account for 7 days giving no courtesy warning & responses that no exceptions in removing the suspension (they could change the rules to include, not cheating , but rather than 'not using 3rd party software', to use it specifically to have a larger screen) so I just stopped playing, as did a number of our friends for the way they handled it with no compromise. There are plenty of great pc games worth the money & time with far better quality and which will not burn our phones out. If they want our support & money and to continue to grow they should allow us to play on a larger screen without a penalty. Stop the cheating by making a connection, in game, to have a MCoC sponsored emulator.
    To anyone who wants to argue or make clever comments, I really don't care. It is a company's responsibility to make it the easiest and least restrictive means for those who support and contribute to the games. I didn't cheat by using an emulator regardless of the many rules to stop cheaters. Make it to wear it can be played the same on a big screen without the excuses. I honestly don't care for back an forths; this is just a statement to make others aware and to make a suggestion to the gaming companies.

Does this work for you anywhere else? I just want to talk, I don't care to listen. I don't care what you have to say, but I'm going to put what I have to say out there anyway?

I mean, people do this all the time on the internet, but they tend to just get ignored. I can't imagine how this works out in less anonymous or more real time environments.

I get the whole assistance thing, but Kabam has no way to know how you're using emulators. The very way emulators work makes it impossible to trust anything the emulator says about how you're using it, because the emulated environment is completely under your control. Emulators aren't banned because they are used to cheat. Emulators are banned because there is no way to know if someone is cheating with it. Maybe you didn't cheat, but if they allowed emulators they would have to allow cheaters to use them, and then it would become almost impossible to catch cheating given the game was not designed to detect cheating in such an environment.

I have moved from iOS to android n back to iOS 2 times in last 6 years. How do I get purchases from App Store which I don’t use anymore??

If your first purchases were on iOS, then Apple keeps a record of those going all the way back to when you first created an iTunes account. You can confirm this page's contents by searching for purchase history and apple support and this will show on Apple's support page:

I checked it with mine, and it showed every purchase and every free download (at least the first time I downloaded an app) going back to 2008. I don't use Android devices, but I'm assuming Google has similar purchase history for the Google Play store.

If you created accounts and then lost them or threw the credentials away, over and over again, that will be problematic. You shouldn't do that. In the 21st century that is like opening a bank account and putting money in it, and then throwing away the account information and then doing that over and over again and then expecting to go back to a random bank and demanding your cash back. Technically there's a process for doing that, but it won't be easy in the general case and the bank is within its rights to do nothing if you cannot prove account ownership.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    Its really a pretty bad verification method, the rest I get, but first two purchases are crazy, I've been playing the game since launch on my old main account. I changed from Android to iOS, then changed my apple ID once too, so like OP I was stuck. Instead of going through the rigmarole of siphoning through years of bankstatements I took the less morally gracious method of just went through my bank and explained everything then they went on to refund everything on my then main account for a couple grand over the last couple years, since they couldn't do anything further back than that, this was 2018/19ish and made my then alt into my current main and chose not to change apple ID ever again.

Support is notoriously bad, but this is an issue you can't get around, this is their verification method and if you don't have your first two purchases you're boned.

DrZola said:

I had a similar issue when trying to change the email I used for an alternate account. I had migrated everything under the old to a different one, and I didn’t want to keep a separate email solely for one alt.

Even though I went through my entire iTunes history and provided the date I downloaded the app as well as the first purchases logged in iTunes several years ago, no dice. For some reason, it didn’t show the same on their end.

Is this effective against account selling? Perhaps—although a lot of that apparently still goes on. But it is also effective against honest players who simply want to change their account particulars as well.

Dr. Zola

Here's the catch-22. I have suggested creating alternate account verification processes myself. But when I have thought about the problem carefully, I'm confronted by a possibly intractable problem. There are better ways to verify account ownership that require the player to set up something first. But the vast majority of players who run into problems (and are honest) either never bothered to set up a Kabam account or did, then promptly forgot about it. These people would not benefit from better verification systems that require the player to lift a single finger to enable it.

So what would help those players? Well, imagine there's a way for Kabam to verify that you own your account. You as in a specific person. That would mean Kabam was able to pierce the privacy veil that Apple has implemented in the App Store and in iOS itself. Apple has taken away all the means for app vendors to explicitly identify who's using their apps. They can't directly read phone hardware IDs anymore (they used to). They are not given Apple ID information nor can they request it from Apple. The whole idea is for people to be anonymous if they choose to be. If Kabam had a way to directly identify who was using your account without you having set up account information directly with Kabam first this would be something Apple would shut down as a violation.

The player must identify themselves, Kabam cannot identify them first. So what can a player do to prove they were the original account holder, that someone else cannot easily figure out with access to the game account but the account holder is guaranteed to know, in the general case where Kabam does not know anything about you except your game interactions (including purchase history). If you think of something, let me know.

Or to put it another way, think of a process that would allow honest players to regain control of their account, but wouldn't allow me to simply take control of their account away from them at any time if I happen to gain temporary access to the game account (in other words, asking questions like "name some champs you don't have in your roster" don't work).
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

I had a similar issue when trying to change the email I used for an alternate account. I had migrated everything under the old to a different one, and I didn’t want to keep a separate email solely for one alt.

Even though I went through my entire iTunes history and provided the date I downloaded the app as well as the first purchases logged in iTunes several years ago, no dice. For some reason, it didn’t show the same on their end.

Is this effective against account selling? Perhaps—although a lot of that apparently still goes on. But it is also effective against honest players who simply want to change their account particulars as well.

Dr. Zola

Here's the catch-22. I have suggested creating alternate account verification processes myself. But when I have thought about the problem carefully, I'm confronted by a possibly intractable problem. There are better ways to verify account ownership that require the player to set up something first. But the vast majority of players who run into problems (and are honest) either never bothered to set up a Kabam account or did, then promptly forgot about it. These people would not benefit from better verification systems that require the player to lift a single finger to enable it.

So what would help those players? Well, imagine there's a way for Kabam to verify that you own your account. You as in a specific person. That would mean Kabam was able to pierce the privacy veil that Apple has implemented in the App Store and in iOS itself. Apple has taken away all the means for app vendors to explicitly identify who's using their apps. They can't directly read phone hardware IDs anymore (they used to). They are not given Apple ID information nor can they request it from Apple. The whole idea is for people to be anonymous if they choose to be. If Kabam had a way to directly identify who was using your account without you having set up account information directly with Kabam first this would be something Apple would shut down as a violation.

The player must identify themselves, Kabam cannot identify them first. So what can a player do to prove they were the original account holder, that someone else cannot easily figure out with access to the game account but the account holder is guaranteed to know, in the general case where Kabam does not know anything about you except your game interactions (including purchase history). If you think of something, let me know.

Or to put it another way, think of a process that would allow honest players to regain control of their account, but wouldn't allow me to simply take control of their account away from them at any time if I happen to gain temporary access to the game account (in other words, asking questions like "name some champs you don't have in your roster" don't work).
    First 4*. First 5*. First 6*. First 7*. Just one example.

If the actual in game purchase info obtained directly off my own account doesn’t work—and it’s from Apple—what works?

Ultimately not a big deal—it’s an alt, and I’d rather be inconvenienced than people be able to sell accounts readily (although they likely still do). It’s part of the seemingly inevitable cost associated with policing bad behavior—people who honestly try to comply often wind up paying.

Dr. Zola
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★

All these armchair CEOs who always can run businesses better than anyone, yet they don't.
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

First 4*. First 5*. First 6*. First 7*. Just one example.
    The probability that even a tiny fraction of the player base cannot remember the email they signed up with but will remember their first 4* champ is extremely low. What’s more, this is information that in theory other people would know, alliance mates for example. This is often information that players share to a far higher degree than their spending habits.

You can’t just guess randomly. You must be as certain as you can be that the information being requested will be actually useful and more important have virtually zero chance of being widely abused. I would reject first X rarity immediately without some evidence that that is a safe option, because it doesn’t remotely appear to be to me.

Anyone can come up with options. The problem is you don’t get to just try stuff out when it comes to security verification. If you’re wrong, you’ve created a nightmare for potentially lots of players who will likely not be aware you opened a security hole for people to drive through.