**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Morningstar?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,911 ★★★★
@BeroMan recently uploaded a Cerastes solo with his R3 morningstar.

https://youtu.be/xmO7EN-5j8Q?si=LByuceC0yUnRDZZo

What are your thoughts on her? Personally I think she is an underrated mystic

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,533 ★★★★★
    Don't like her. So many fights to ramp up, and I take too much damage by that time.
  • Options
    @ReignkingTW If only her ramp up was a bit more practical
  • Options
    @Folkvangr Probably but mutants would take longer
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    For incursions, I get it - used to use her a lot until Herc... but for most elsewhere, that's a nope from me.

I think she is appropriately rated - neither under nor over.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    I tested my r2 out. Pretty good tho. Quite impressed with all she can do. Only think is she is like vtd. Her rampup takes place through fights and without them u actually kinda hate fighting. The persistent charges matter a lot to me and with purg and guilly on team she is great to rampup faster
  • Options
    @Real_Madrid_76_2 does she need a buff or is she good
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

@Real_Madrid_76_2 does she need a buff or is she good

Great imo. Only a hectic rampup like vtd, unless she, on a positive side, doesn't rely on persistent charges for most part of her damage
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★
    I ran my gully challenge recently, and in my te, she is the least used. Even purgatory put in a lot work against sytalis and cerastes, but she just slept around the corner the entire time.
  • Options
    Cyborg17Cyborg17 Posts: 114
    I did Ceraste solo with my 6r3 morningstar too (with 5 charges)
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Alongside ramp up changes, her animations need a buff. That back dash of hers feels too short, if it was smoother I would like to play her more often
  • Options
    Just a small question. Can I claim the 3rd objective rewards without completing the other two objectives. I hate fighting bahamet
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★

Just a small question. Can I claim the 3rd objective rewards without completing the other two objectives. I hate fighting bahamet

No you have to fight the first two objectives
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 555 ★★★
    She has some semi-cool abilities, but isn’t powerful enough to be relevant in modern content
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,365 ★★★★★
    Once you get past one of the most drawn-out ramp-ups in the game, she's very good. Rubbish in Battlegrounds, but I imagine she could be great in Incursions.

Her SP2 is particularly useful - a lot of Mystics either remove/prevent buffs, or punish you for having them.

Morningstar's SP2 does both - your opponent takes the bonus burst damage per buff, then the buffs are removed afterwards. So despite being a relatively old champion, she's good against a variety of Nullify-immune matchups that champs who rely on Nullify would struggle with.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

EdisonLaw said:

Folkvangr Probably but mutants would take longer

Challenge accepted
    I was absolutely sucking yesterday but finally got the easy solo today.