**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

clarification on BG meta and kabam ban post

Post on cheaters from November : https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/351012/the-war-on-cheaters-update-november-2023

As per the above post,

Most of my top champs do not have DOT and hence I would like to use champs of lower rarity or lesser ranked champs to handle the current BG meta. I do not say, I would win with a 5* R1 lady death strike against a 6* R3 champ. But it still gives a chance.

What would be the repercussions in doing this? Would this lead to ban?

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    Wait I can't pause the game when Fury is at 1% HP to score 45,000 points safely now? Bruh.
  • Options
    WolvieLoganWolvieLogan Posts: 31
    Didn't quite understand your point @PT_99 and in no way it answers my question. And the sarcasm highlights your problem with not knowing what the problem is. Am neither complaining about Meta nor farming points, my question is about creating winning chances with the current meta and my champion deck.
  • Options
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 199 ★★
    Anything you do can and will be held against you.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    You're safe.
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,292 ★★★★
    As long as you're actually trying to win, no problem. Your post make it looks like you're gonna try losing on purpose and blame it on your roaster, if you're intention is not lose all the time, then why worry about it?
  • Options

What would be the repercussions in doing this? Would this lead to ban?

No, it will not.

Players are oddly misinterpreting the post you quote above. Let me try to place this into context. Imagine I'm the highway patrol, looking for drunk drivers. I tell you this:

Things that won't evade our detection methods:

1. Chewing gum
    2. Using mouthwash
    3. Smoking
    4. Placing coins in your mouth.

Do you believe they are saying that doing any of these things will cause you to be arrested and put in jail?

They aren't saying all these things are in and of themselves illegal (some are, some aren't). They are saying doing these things will not prevent you from being detected cheating, if you do them to try to evade cheat detection. There is no rule that says you have to use your highest ranked champions in your deck. If that were the case, the game would construct your deck for you. Kabam is saying they can tell the difference between someone using reasonable champs in their decks that aren't their highest ones, and someone deliberately dumping their deck to make it seem like their losses were not deliberate.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,643 ★★★★
    Those bottom 2 ones on the post are gonna get me banned for sure, or maybe I just can’t seem to win any games lol. In all seriousness it would be interesting to know how kabam can tell that you’re trying to lose as opposed to just being bad at the game, but I know they won’t tell us and for good reason.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,442 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

Those bottom 2 ones on the post are gonna get me banned for sure, or maybe I just can’t seem to win any games lol. In all seriousness it would be interesting to know how kabam can tell that you’re trying to lose as opposed to just being bad at the game, but I know they won’t tell us and for good reason.

Win with elder marks, lose with energy. Thats a give away
  • Options
    TP33 said:

How do the pit bosses in Vegas know you are counting cards if they don't possess telepathy?

They don't actually have any way to read players' minds to see what they are thinking. They don't detect card counting directly. They detect the effects of card counting on the player's behavior. Counting cards does you no good unless you deliberately change the way you bet depending on the count. If you count cards but don't actually try to gain an advantage from knowing the count, the pit bosses can't detect you but they also don't care.

Losing in BG only helps the player if they lose strategically in the right way to optimize their point earnings. Anyone can lose a lot, but no one can just happen to lose in the right way to optimize point earning except deliberately. It is statistically unlikely to happen by accident, and all but impossible to happen in a sustained manner.

If you lose a lot but it doesn't help you at all, Kabam honestly doesn't care if you are doing that deliberately or just because you suck. But if you just so happen to suck at the right times and play brilliantly at the right times to just so happen to help your cause out consistently, good luck claiming you were not doing that intentionally.
  • Options
    Thank you Guardian @DNA3000 , that explains it well 👍