**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds

What’s up with Battlegrounds? So the only way to hurt the defender is damage over time effects and special attacks. The problem is many champions have great immunities, and many peoples roaster don’t have champions which deal damage over time for every defender, so these defenders will effectively take no damage no matter how many times you hit them and how good you play.

This is by far the worst/stupidest buffs to deal with in a Battleground season, this is the first Battleground I will be effectively sitting out. THANK YOU KABAM FOR MAKING THE MOST DIFFICULT BATTLEGROUND, and also for throwing all players regardless of progression and level in the same melting pot…that’s really fair!!! NOT!!!

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★

I like metas like this that require extra thought and different planning. I don't enjoy nuke metas

But it stil a nuke it with ever hav the best dot then nuke with a sp.
  • Options
    Bigramrod69Bigramrod69 Posts: 52
    When is Kabam going to introduce Brackets in Battlegrounds? Proven accounts have no business going up against Thronebreaker/Paragon accounts, it’s almost impossible to build wins when everyone is thrown into a melting pot, obviously Thronebreaker/Paragon players will take the majority of wins
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 568 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    Really BG used to be fun, lasts season was terrible and this one is more or less the same , 0 fun
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    I said and repeat, it's all about who you choose to rank up. I personally like to rank up champs that use the brute force of debuffs, so most of my champs work just great in this meta. If you keep ranking up champs that are useless in this scenarios than it's your fault. Story quest and even EQ have nodes that requires Debuffs champs, I don't know why everyone's complaining about battlegrounds only
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★

When is Kabam going to introduce Brackets in Battlegrounds? Proven accounts have no business going up against Thronebreaker/Paragon accounts, it’s almost impossible to build wins when everyone is thrown into a melting pot, obviously Thronebreaker/Paragon players will take the majority of wins

Then you'd have to be okay with getting like 5x less rewards.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    I like it, meta like this instantly funnels out weak accounts 🤣
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Champions with dot are so rare right?
    Hit-Monkey, Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth, Black Widow DO, Apoc, Domino, Dragon Man, Purgatory, OG Black Panther, Symbiote Supreme, Black Cat, Killmonger, Rintrah, Aarkus, Weapon X, Yondu, Spidey 2099, Sorcerer Supreme and Mister Negative... 💀
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Same nodes apply to everyone. Tough but fair.
  • Options
    Gamer said:

I like metas like this that require extra thought and different planning. I don't enjoy nuke metas

But it stil a nuke it with ever hav the best dot then nuke with a sp.
    There are nukes in this meta 100%. Werewolf of any rarity and rank is slaying basically anyone in 20 seconds. That is why if you ever see a werewolf and you don't have him, he needs to be banned. All of the other nukes have counters. Fun fact: Iceman is immune to every nuke in this meta except werewolf and ghost (that I've found so far).

The other side of this meta is the defenders you place and the strategy there. I've had times where when it came to round 3, I'd have been able to back someone into a defender they can't beat, or I've been backed into someone I can't beat. Makes drafting actually mean something.

The last side of the meta is champion knowledge. If you try using werewolf or BWDO against a scorpion, then you're going to have a very bad time. If you forget kindred is incinerate immune and you bring sunspot to nuke them down, then you'll have an extremely bad time. If you know how extremely OP Squirrel Girl, then you don't have to worry about Maestro if you know how to fight him. (It is still about a 70-90 second fight, but it is funny how she can do it) Overall, I'd say this meta has a lot to enjoy about it rather than the last many metas that have required alnost no roster diversity nor champion knowledge
  • Options

Hit-Monkey, Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth, Black Widow DO, Apoc, Domino, Dragon Man, Purgatory, OG Black Panther, Symbiote Supreme, Black Cat, Killmonger, Rintrah, Aarkus, Weapon X, Yondu, Spidey 2099, Sorcerer Supreme and Mister Negative... 💀

You are not wrong, but it seams like you just copied and pasted this list because some of those don't have DOT, like Hulking and Adam for example
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★

You are not wrong, but it seams like you just copied and pasted this list because some of those don't have DOT, like Hulking and Adam for example
    They both work very well in this meta. That's why they're included in the list. But they should be categorized differently lol
  • Options

Power gain go brrrrr
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

They both work very well in this meta. That's why they're included in the list. But they should be categorized differently lol
    Yeah that's what I meant
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★

Yeah I'm just copying and pasting all the champs that work in general lol some of these don't have dot, they have power gain. I just don't feel like typing the whole thing every single time someone says the meta is too restrictive.
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 240 ★★★

What’s up with Battlegrounds? So the only way to hurt the defender is damage over time effects and special attacks. The problem is many champions have great immunities, and many peoples roaster don’t have champions which deal damage over time for every defender, so these defenders will effectively take no damage no matter how many times you hit them and how good you play.

This is by far the worst/stupidest buffs to deal with in a Battleground season, this is the first Battleground I will be effectively sitting out. THANK YOU KABAM FOR MAKING THE MOST DIFFICULT BATTLEGROUND, and also for throwing all players regardless of progression and level in the same melting pot…that’s really fair!!! NOT!!!

Bro, did you not play last season or something? 🤣

Honestly, dot champs take up a third of champs in game... not Kabams fault you're ranking up wrong champs.

And immunities? At best most champs will have 2 immunities pretty easy to work around honestly there's 7 different dot debuffs not to mention champs like Hype, Hulkling that gain power through other means ...
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

FYI, the scenario you’re implying isn’t possible, as Proven players can’t play BGs
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    If the meta was the same and easy every season, it wouldn’t be competitive or interesting. This is arguably the best meta, as those who have better comprehension skills or experience will be able to have a better chance to combat those who have a billion 6 and 7* fully ranked champions. They are implementing more thinking rather than the same matchups every single BG season. Also the point of meta shifts are to get you to rank champions you otherwise would not have ranked. Your roster not being able to handle this meta, is to let you know your roster isn’t as diverse as you thought it was. If you play your cards right, this meta allows you to play 3*s viably on defense which in itself enables many players to create a full deck.
  • Options
    Whoever thought of this set up should only get a jelly of the month bonus this year! Not Impressed!!
  • Options
    Ghost_DriverGhost_Driver Posts: 82
    Skill issue
  • Options
    Bigramrod69Bigramrod69 Posts: 52
    Battle grounds should be open to all players at every level. To say Proven players can’t play battlegrounds, I say why not? Anything is possible, and gotta do something about the whale accounts taking all the wins, put them in their own bracket, or based bracket placement based on ones roaster, I will say again, lower tier players have no business going up against Paragon/Throne breaker players. Come on Kabam did you make Battlegrounds specifically for whale accounts?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★

Battle grounds should be open to all players at every level. To say Proven players can’t play battlegrounds, I say why not? Anything is possible, and gotta do something about the whale accounts taking all the wins, put them in their own bracket, or based bracket placement based on ones roaster, I will say again, lower tier players have no business going up against Paragon/Throne breaker players. Come on Kabam did you make Battlegrounds specifically for whale accounts?

True seperate the brackets, lower tier players should get less rewards from BG if they don't want to face competition, the same competition which is competing for same rewards.

If lower players have no business playing with higher bracket then lower player need not the same good rewards either.

Easy bracket = Easy (bad) rewards.
  • Options
    SchnoodleSchnoodle Posts: 135 ★★
    i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again. The simple solution to mcoc. Just use torch