Options

Still on pace to reach 11 million by the end of the event.

Comments

• Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    Thanks @DNA3000 for posting this. Come on summoner, let's increase the deaths in Necropolis.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    I'll be adding to that number again before the 15th. Gives me 2 weeks to grind units/revives for my 3rd path.

Wishing I had gotten the revive deals after TB and cav EQ now!

Anybody know if they have revive deals after the earlier EQ difficulty completion?
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,839 ★★★★★
    Thought it’s your icq number
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★

Mine was 6 digits!
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    Yeah don’t worry guys, I did 4 runs so far, and planning to do the last two before the 15th as well.

Jubilee and Odin path! Will be adding some nice numbers
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,053 ★★★★★

I'll be adding to that number again before the 15th. Gives me 2 weeks to grind units/revives for my 3rd path.

Wishing I had gotten the revive deals after TB and cav EQ now!

Anybody know if they have revive deals after the earlier EQ difficulty completion?

I believe it’s the same offer for UC, Cav and TB completion of EQ
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,269 ★★★
    Now, multiply this number x30 and you'll got the units and revives lost.
  • Options

L2 revives cost 40 units. But I suspect a lot of the revives used in Necropolis are farmed revives. Meanwhile, all deaths on the first defender on any Necropolis path do not count for Road to the Crypt purposes. So it’s hard to tell how many units have been spent on the Necropolis from the RttC counter.

If all 8 million RttC deaths cost an L2 revive bought with units, that would imply 320 million units, which would be about ten million dollars spent. But a lot of those revives are likely to be farmed revives, and other revives came from sources such as the EQ completion bundles or the Necropolis revive bundle.

If I had to guess I would guess that the actual cost of all those Necropolis runs is about half of that, and half of that would be in cash. So maybe 2.5 million USD in cash collectively spent on Necropolis, and another 2.5 million USD worth of in-game units sunk out of the game.

These are very, very, very rough estimates of course.

By the time the event ends, players are likely to have collectively spent about 40% more than that on Necropolis.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

L2 revives cost 40 units. But I suspect a lot of the revives used in Necropolis are farmed revives. Meanwhile, all deaths on the first defender on any Necropolis path do not count for Road to the Crypt purposes. So it’s hard to tell how many units have been spent on the Necropolis from the RttC counter.

If all 8 million RttC deaths cost an L2 revive bought with units, that would imply 320 million units, which would be about ten million dollars spent. But a lot of those revives are likely to be farmed revives, and other revives came from sources such as the EQ completion bundles or the Necropolis revive bundle.

If I had to guess I would guess that the actual cost of all those Necropolis runs is about half of that, and half of that would be in cash. So maybe 2.5 million USD in cash collectively spent on Necropolis, and another 2.5 million USD worth of in-game units sunk out of the game.

These are very, very, very rough estimates of course.

By the time the event ends, players are likely to have collectively spent about 40% more than that on Necropolis.
    Lmao by your analysis it means kabam just grinded 5 million USD just from necropolis 😱 Amazing
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    Never knew Making mobile games is this much profitable
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,824 ★★★★★

Mine was 6 digits!
    Showing your age there, guys.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,784 ★★★★
    Oh a DNA sequence and biological sampling
  • Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 270 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    DNA3000 said:

Still on pace to reach 11 million by the end of the event.
    So it was linear growth all this time? Like the announcement of terrible banquet event then the holidays, etc. didn’t change the number of people playing necropolis or dying? strange…
  • Options

Never knew Making mobile games is this much profitable

To put this into perspective, MCOC players collectively spent about $300m USD on the game in 2022, of which about 200 million went to Netmarble (app stores took the rest as their cut). $2.5 million sounds like a massive amount of money for one piece of content to generate, and it is, but it is also a small fraction of the game's total revenue. It would mean that Necropolis was a huge success though, in more ways than one.

The more interesting fact is the very large number of players that the death counter implies is doing Necropolis. Let's assume the average player dies 200 times in a path, not counting the first fight. That's probably high, but it might not be too high because there might be a lot of players pushing very hard and fighting a bit above their weight class racking up hundreds of deaths. And let's also assume everyone is doing a full exploration, even though that's most certainly not the case. That would imply each player was contributing 1200 deaths to the death counter, and that would mean the current death counter represents about 5800 players.

The actual number of players pushing through Necropolis at least once must be far, far higher than that. We could be looking at twenty thousand, thirty thousand, maybe even more players doing at least one path of Necropolis. My guess is that this is a far larger number than attempted Labyrinth or Abyss right out of the gate. For Everest content right at release, this sounds to me like a very high engagement rate.

Making money is always great, but the game already makes a lot of money in its big sales events. Making money by getting people to do content, on the other hand, is a double win. All things being equal, I would bet the devs would rather be making money releasing content than selling catalysts, even though the practical reality is selling stuff is always going to make more money. But the success of Necropolis might encourage Kabam to pursue more of this kind of stuff in the future, because it is more engaging than sales and even more fair to the F2P community that ordinarily doesn't spend money. The F2P players can grind for resources to do the content, and the spenders can spend to get those resources a bit quicker.

Keeping in mind all my estimates are at best educated guesses. Take them with a very large grain of salt.
  • Options

So it was linear growth all this time? Like the announcement of terrible banquet event then the holidays, etc. didn’t change the number of people playing necropolis or dying? strange…

A lot of people were expecting fall offs, but I wasn't so sure. I don't find this super strange, as there are two factors at play. The first is that Necropolis doesn't require as much units or cash as some seem to think it does, even for less skilled players, because even with all the griping about revive farm nerfing, it is possible to accumulate a ton of revives for Necropolis if you set your mind to it. So Necropolis doesn't compete with banquet as much as people might expect.

The other thing I think is partially balancing out is that the initial group of players were more likely to be higher skilled players that die less often, and as time progressed and guides came out and there was more encouragement to do it, less skilled players began to flow into Necropolis who replaced the higher skilled very early birds So while we would expect there to be a big burst of deaths as players started their runs and then trailed off, we also saw progressively more players entering Necropolis and continuing to contribute deaths, keeping the counter moving upward at a roughly linear pace.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,601 ★★★★
    Do you suspect there will be a rise in necropolis completion in the new year, I’ve heard a lot of talk from people saying that they’re waiting to do paths until after the holidays or they’re just procrastinating but will do it pre Jan 15th.

If so it is entirely possible that at the current rate of growth + that little boost at the end of people rush to finish just before the event ends 12 or 13 mil is totally within reach, so between 7 and 8 thousand titan shards? Not a bad deal if you ask me.

I’m mainly excited for the ascension dust and 1-2 gem though. Call me old fashioned but upgrading my champs is the best feeling in the game (behind pulling the exact 7* you wanted from a crystal you didn’t even realise you were gonna form)
  • Options
    TP33 said:

Do you suspect there will be a rise in necropolis completion in the new year, I’ve heard a lot of talk from people saying that they’re waiting to do paths until after the holidays or they’re just procrastinating but will do it pre Jan 15th.

If so it is entirely possible that at the current rate of growth + that little boost at the end of people rush to finish just before the event ends 12 or 13 mil is totally within reach, so between 7 and 8 thousand titan shards? Not a bad deal if you ask me.

I’m mainly excited for the ascension dust and 1-2 gem though. Call me old fashioned but upgrading my champs is the best feeling in the game (behind pulling the exact 7* you wanted from a crystal you didn’t even realise you were gonna form)

I expect there to be more people on the sidelines continuing to enter, but I'm not sure how much they will be able to push the needle upwards in terms of going upward faster than now. It takes a lot players jumping in just to continue to sustain our current pace. I expect the post holiday burst to help get us to 11m, and I think there's a chance it will get us to 12m as we've been flirting with that number, but 13m might be a bit of a stretch.
  • Options
    DustblitzDustblitz Posts: 5
    I think there may be a burst at the end of some players trying to fully explore by the end too...I just completed and I have no desire to do what is needed to go through 5 more runs. I did die about 185 times I think...I used about a dozen team revives and about 160ish total.