Options

BG S14 Meta New Things to Learn

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,877 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Warlock works well as defender even if he isn't that dot immune. He manages to power drain the opponent so they won't reach sp2 besides the degens, so he is tricky.

In that case, imagine viv vision☠️
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,828 ★★★★

Ashacekar said:

Warlock works well as defender even if he isn't that dot immune. He manages to power drain the opponent so they won't reach sp2 besides the degens, so he is tricky.

Viv vision has never allowed me to do sp2 till date irrespective of any meta or mode. She has always been fond of sp1.
  • Options
    Ashacekar said:

Ashacekar said:

Viv vision has never allowed me to do sp2 till date irrespective of any meta or mode. She has always been fond of sp1.
    Heavy attack won't cause power drain., So you can heavy spam against her.
  • Options
    Diablo can beat HT, do a heavy then back off for few seconds till you give sp3

Doggo can't beat HT

Monkey >>>> Doggo

• Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,179 ★★★★★
  • Options
    zuffy said:
    It's riskier than diablo. Has to sacrifice health. Diablo's sp3 poisons need no contact so that's good.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,577 ★★★
    @ChaosMax1012 I got to my sp1 twice before it started stopping shy of it, I don't know why
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 808 ★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Doggo can't beat HT

Monkey >>>> Doggo

Get a bit higher in the tiers, people will nuke your HT with Doggo.
  • Options

Ashacekar said:

Doggo can't beat HT

Monkey >>>> Doggo

Get a bit higher in the tiers, people will nuke your HT with Doggo.
    That's animal cruelty. I won't let my doggo fight a HT, can't see him take burns.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,723 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Doggo can't beat HT

Monkey >>>> Doggo

HM > Doggo? Lol no
  • Options
    Peni parker once again beholds her position as deadly defender this season.
    As you see, she autoblocks unless you remove her sync shield, which can be done by inflcitinh damage through her block.
    Well, in this meta, you can't do any damage through her block so while she has her spider sense, you can't hit her without a auto block/power burn counter.
    Be aware of this, ban her whenever you see one.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,113 ★★★★★
    is there something wrong with calling her Black Widow?
  • Options

As you see, she autoblocks unless you remove her sync shield, which can be done by inflcitinh damage through her block.
    Well, in this meta, you can't do any damage through her block so while she has her spider sense, you can't hit her without a auto block/power burn counter.

I don't know why this never occurred to me but she's in my deck now, thanks 💀
  • Options
    **** fight but AA can still come in clutch against poison immune champs as long as they aren't bleed immune too.
  • Options

She is a guaranteed kill as long as opponent don't have hulkling or galan on the deck.
  • Options
    edited January 2

She is a guaranteed kill as long as opponent don't have hulkling or galan on the deck.
    Yep I already won a round with her. I don't know why but for some reason I thought the defender buffs wouldn't affect her shield.
    I already beat one with Adam though so yeah she's definitely not unkillable, just requires a very strong counter.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 808 ★★★★

Plenty of counters in high tier BGs. Have lost with her on defense and won games where she was placed in defense.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,380 ★★★★★
    Nova flames, warlock degen, mojo degen and domino energy damage count as dot
  • Options

Nova flames, warlock degen, mojo degen and domino energy damage count as dot

Figured out rest except Domino, i was wondering how was the power bar filling for Domino, thought the node is not in her contract like any other nodes.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,265 ★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

I think the main thing with Warlock is his ability that when he has an armor up opponent specials can't be critical against him.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Nova flames also count as DOT, i got surprised.
    So far i didn't knew that and was not using pre-fights. He gets energy but Zemo doesn't treat it as debuff. A bit weird.

Nova flames are DOT. they’re a textbook example of DOT. And zemo doesn’t cleanse them because they aren’t debuffs. They’re passives.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Ok, so Ghost does not work against Photon… (Didn‘t have a better option)

BUT: Apparently Black Cat doesn’t seem to have a great time either! (Don‘t know anything about her, doesn‘t she apply rupture?)

Not my proudest win… 😅

• Options

BUT: Apparently Black Cat doesn’t seem to have a great time either! (Don‘t know anything about her, doesn‘t she apply rupture?)

Not my proudest win… 😅

She doesn't apply rupture, she applies bleed. Someone posted a video of her murdering Thing even though he's bleed immune so she can work against bleed immune indeed. I'm not 100% sure if it would or wouldn't work on Photon I'm not a Black Cat enjoyer but in the video they were just letting the heist expire with the card on the Thing so they got the sabotage debuff on him and then after that her damage on basic hits was just nuts because of the direct damage dealt every single time Thing didn't gain rock stacks due to the sabotage buff so if it's a high sig Photon, Black Cat should work since the sabotage debuff would be constantly failing Photon's abilities. Could be wrong but based on what I read, it makes sense to me at least.
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 232 ★★

I just found out ghost is terrible against weapon x lol

He only regens while berserking I think. If you stall your specials, Ghost should do fine.
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 320 ★★

Not my proudest win… 😅

She doesn't apply rupture, she applies bleed. Someone posted a video of her murdering Thing even though he's bleed immune so she can work against bleed immune indeed. I'm not 100% sure if it would or wouldn't work on Photon I'm not a Black Cat enjoyer but in the video they were just letting the heist expire with the card on the Thing so they got the sabotage debuff on him and then after that her damage on basic hits was just nuts because of the direct damage dealt every single time Thing didn't gain rock stacks due to the sabotage buff so if it's a high sig Photon, Black Cat should work since the sabotage debuff would be constantly failing Photon's abilities. Could be wrong but based on what I read, it makes sense to me at least.
    This is right, it’s a slow fight but if you let the heist end with the card on the opponent, they’ll be sabotaged and you can do big burst damage if they fail abilities; it’s not one I’d recommend in BG unless you’re out of options because you lose a lot of time waiting out the heist and that gives a big window for you to screw up and eat damage; your opponent probably applied sabotage, got a couple failure triggers off, then ate a special to the face and died.
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 463 ★★★
    R3 red skull is 3/3 on defense with nobody finishing with over 50% health.
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 464 ★★★

So TIL Blade is apparently one of the best Maesto counters….
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,122 ★★★

I hope to meet you in BGs one day. Would love to play someone who actually doesn't ban my Onslaught :p
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 464 ★★★

I hope to meet you in BGs one day. Would love to play someone who actually doesn't ban my Onslaught :p
    I’m still practicing against him. At least I can kill him before he kills me now 😆
  • Options
    edited January 3
    Deacon said:

is there something wrong with calling her Black Widow?

That would be four words then. Plus her colour is unique identity among other counterparts that other Petyrs know immediately. White can't be called Black. Though i wonder if there's an cannonical explanation for her to have white gears.