**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unpopular opinion: Banquet Event - Discussion

DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 144 ★★
edited January 7 in General Discussion
I personally wanna hear your thoughts on how the event could have been better, but also give a counter argument for your own thoughts. I.e. Awakening gems would have been nice in the GBC, but it would have gave whales the opportunity to awaken all their champions or we would have gotten a lot of 7* awakened spots, etc in the BG and AW.

TL/DR Overall, I think it was a good event because it doesn't destroy the economy. It helped other players progress who aren't at the top, but you could still partially benefit from rank up material given & top players got new content and a progression. People didn't think about the repercussions of a boosted event in terms of economy down the line and gave a lot of hate.

I, personally, would say that the event was good.

I understand that the rewards weren't too valuable for people who grind everyday and are in the top, but you could still receive 7*'s and rank up material for 7*'s and 6*'s which was RNG based; however, Necropolis was released along with a new progression title with boosted daily crystal rewards giving players new progress to go for. The issue with being at top of the game is everything prior is now useless. Once you start getting maxed sig, all the champs, etc. then most content isn't worthwhile until new updates are released with new champs, new level ups, etc.

Overall, there was 2 ways to go with this event. Think about it honestly, which would you rather have preferred.

1. Release 7* sig stones, awakening stones, 7* shards, titan shards, etc in the GBC to appeal to the top players, but this would greatly devalue the 7* champs since they were released less than a year ago. Having maxed sig 7*'s prior to even being able to max rank it. This means that lower players, uncollected, cavalier, etc having access to these rewards would throw off the economy especially for any new players that join in 2024.

2. The banquet event we got which doesn't destroy the economy. (A lot of people in global already complained about 7*'s being easily accessible for lower players as is, imagine if the event was greatly boosted. The community uproar would have been significant and then a few months down the line people would complain on forums about how the event ruined the economy)

I feel bad for Kabam because I think they got a lot more hate for the event without people looking at what the overall effects of what their ideal perfect event can have down the line.

Comments

• Options
    It's easy for people to complain without looking at repercussions and long term effects.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

It wouldn’t have destroyed the economy for them to throw in some rank up gems for 6*, slightly higher amounts of 7* shards with better drop rates, and not just have maxed out drop rates for t2a

I definitely think that's fair, in terms of rank up gems which do you think would have been the best to include? Throwing in 3>4 rank up gems would just make the gap from TB to Paragon a lot easier given act 6* was already greatly nerfed, but I could understand a chance at a 4>5.
  • Options

If it was good for you, congrats. It was bad for people who have most content done.

That's the downside of being at the top end, stuff that was once hard to come by isn't that valuable anymore.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian

It's easy for people to complain without looking at repercussions and long term effects.

Even kabam Crashed acknowledged that things could have been a lot better for higher tier players.

I'm hopeful we will see progression gates put in for at minimum the objectives, and hopefully the crystal too.
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 311 ★★★

Everything including Kabams post mortem commentary has already been covered in this pinned thread

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/356618/are-kabam-devs-happy-with-the-banquet-results/p2

• Options
    Thanks KoiBoy that was very insightful and DNA3000 pretty much summed everything in that forum.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    Genuinely good ideas were in the original thread…want a postmortem?

Look at January. The side quest is utterly underwhelming AGAIN. That’s it… that’s our content for the month. To go along with the last two months of side quests being underwhelming (putting it mildly) and a banquet that was also underwhelming

So now you have valiants wondering what to do in game. You have paragons like me who got one run in… but 1) don’t want to aegon everything and don’t have the other needed options… and/or 2) don’t particularly care for Everest content.

Those are just two groups that when the “but necropolis was released” comments start …. Eyes start to glaze over. Banquet wasn’t for us. Side quests aren’t for us… should we just take a few months off? That’s how it looks to me…. Because…. necropolis.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★

Genuinely good ideas were in the original thread…want a postmortem?

Look at January. The side quest is utterly underwhelming AGAIN. That’s it… that’s our content for the month. To go along with the last two months of side quests being underwhelming (putting it mildly) and a banquet that was also underwhelming

So now you have valiants wondering what to do in game.

This right here is the best synopsis ^^
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★

If it was good for you, congrats. It was bad for people who have most content done.

That's the downside of being at the top end, stuff that was once hard to come by isn't that valuable anymore.
    It will be harder for you to come by, what's your point? Lol...
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Dead horse