Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Pausing in BGs an effective strategy in this BGs Meta

I am finding that a lot of opponents using pausing as a strategy in BGs. If you do end up with a matchup where the defender is immune to your attacker's DOT, its better to pause and pray that your defender knocks out the opponent's attacker rather than losing health.

Comments

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,481 ★★★
    Also relics do damage, I won a match using warlock against ultron i think and my warlock was unawakened the opponent had the easiest match but they koed and I did more damage I think? Still can't believe I won
  • Options
    MayawatiMayawati Posts: 2
    Cowardly move or not( strategy) , it is proving effective coz of the meta. I am not spending my elder marks or shields due to unpredictability of this season.
  • Options
    cfpreludecfprelude Posts: 112
    I suggest adjusting your rosters so they work with the meta.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,047 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

It’s not even on par with camping in other games…. At least camping requires enough skill to make an accurate shot.

Pausing to retain points is just self acknowledging a total lack of skill

How skilled would he need to be to do sassy vs scorp? Could you do it?
    I’d die trying rather than pause. My pride can take a L by getting trapped. A W being a coward is still an L in my book.
    Lol
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★
    I’ve consistently called it a cowards move since BGs went live.

I firmly believe that pausing should drain your health until it hits 0
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,238 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

It’s not even on par with camping in other games…. At least camping requires enough skill to make an accurate shot.

Pausing to retain points is just self acknowledging a total lack of skill

How skilled would he need to be to do sassy vs scorp? Could you do it?
    I’d die trying rather than pause. My pride can take a L by getting trapped. A W being a coward is still an L in my book.
    It's alright, he's just sarcastic. Tell him to fight a rhino and call it a day.
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    Don't hate the player, hate the game. If I have a matchup where the 3% damage relic does is all I have, and opponent has the same, then I'm throwing if I don't abuse pause
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,238 ★★★★★
    edited January 8
    Btw... DLL mentioned about this topic,
    It was during the point farming bans implementation,
    He Said: Pausing is not intended to gain an advantage, it is a problem they are aware of and it won't be overlooked for long, but it was not a priority at that point of time.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,832 ★★★★★
    So you lose matches where you can't score more than 15k points.. and somehow its someone elses fault.... Yeah makes total sense
  • Options
    lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 37
    Toss out the pause button from BG mode. It is 2024 and we are still debating this?
  • Options
    GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 217
    Greekhit said:

Gomezlink said:

I won a fight by pausing, I only had my Sasquatch that did damage, against a Scorpion, immune to rupture, I paused and let my Kindred deal with the opposing attacker, victory

You didn’t won, your opponent lost the match since he wasn’t able to score even 15k points.
    Adjusting your roster to match the meta, is what you should do instead of pausing.
    Good players are laughing at you for pausing, good pausers are lagging at you too, since you waited to take enough damage and then pause 🤷‍♂️
    And additional you had the stupidity to make a post, bragging about it 🤦‍♂️
    Funny, it says I won, if you think it's wrong, complain to the kabam that makes this possible, usually the defeated fool calls the smart guy a coward... lol
  • Options
    CdjcdkjCdjcdkj Posts: 65
    Gomezlink said:

I won a fight by pausing, I only had my Sasquatch that did damage, against a Scorpion, immune to rupture, I paused and let my Kindred deal with the opposing attacker, victory

The only thing is if you would of lose its a exploit under the point farming so use at your risk if you lose the match and pause to make a loss take longer then should of you can get banned
  • Options
    edited January 8
    Gomezlink said:

Greekhit said:

Gomezlink said:

You didn’t won, your opponent lost the match since he wasn’t able to score even 15k points.
    Adjusting your roster to match the meta, is what you should do instead of pausing.
    Good players are laughing at you for pausing, good pausers are lagging at you too, since you waited to take enough damage and then pause 🤷‍♂️
    Funny, it says I won, if you think it's wrong, complain to the kabam that makes this possible, usually the defeated fool calls the smart guy a coward... lol
    Just gross how fair play gets thrown out the window. The pause isn’t there for strategy it’s a quality of life feature there for people who have interruptions in real life. Using it to conserve points is why nice things get taken away.

Equivocating it with things like taking a knee in football is beyond silly to me because at that point you didn’t even play the game. Or if I’m being generous you sat your entire team for a full quarter. That’s a forfeit not a “clever play”
  • Options
    edited January 8

So you lose matches where you can't score more than 15k points.. and somehow its someone elses fault.... Yeah makes total sense

Nice strawman. Where do you see the word fault used? If there’s blame it’s on Kabam for letting the pause be abused for over a year.

But this isn’t blame, it’s calling people cowardly for not fighting their fights. If the cowards need to make themselves feel better about being ambiguous on fair play and being scared to try, that’s on them.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,047 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Gomezlink said:

Greekhit said:

Gomezlink said:

Just gross how fair play gets thrown out the window. The pause isn’t there for strategy it’s a quality of life feature there for people who have interruptions in real life. Using it to conserve points is why nice things get taken away.

Equivocating it with things like taking a knee in football is beyond silly to me because at that point you didn’t even play the game. Or if I’m being generous you sat your entire team for a full quarter. That’s a forfeit not a “clever play”
    You must hate sam hinkie and people like that huh
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

Gomezlink said:

Greekhit said:

Gomezlink said:

You must hate sam hinkie and people like that huh
    Yup. Ruins the NBA for that to be part of the game.