Any advocates for spidey classic?

xTackleBoxxTackleBox Member Posts: 35

Was hoping for hulk or overseer for my 2-3 science gem from necro but ended up getting spidey twice. Someone told me he was crazy in bgs though. Should I pull the trigger? Does he have other uses?

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,866 ★★★★★
    Spidey is definitely useable; especially being Awakened. His Taunts give you a lot of control over the fight.

Go to YouTube and you'll find advocates for Classic Spidey, such as @BitterSteel
    https://youtu.be/VtbYRbJi7KM?si=A_5NgjeztnLVtArF

On the other hand, you'll also find advocates for Mr Negative, such as Munash (and Bittersteel too, actually; although he hasn't done so much with Mr N lately):
    https://youtu.be/yMPXOd3fZaw?si=4xY3Ox39SSJ4qqS2
    (You'll need the Valkyrie synergy to pull that off, btw...)
  • CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Member Posts: 154
    I like OG Spidey. He's fun but I don't use him everyday. I can tell you that he's been great for me on the raid. Use weak spot and he cooks.
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    I'll see if I can summon the great @DerpyEagle to give you a lecture about his r3 og spidey
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    I r2d mine I like him
  • HoadyOZHoadyOZ Member Posts: 248
    He’s really good. When you absolutely need that defender to throw a sp1, he’s the guy to turn to. His taunt is the best. Good damage as well.
  • AecynAecyn Member Posts: 96
    I don't really play him but I have him awakened as well. I was asking an alliance member about him because he loved using him in raids. His dmg is definitely solid but his main thing is the control he has over the fight with his taunts. I'm also told he plays really well if you run inequity. I've yet to jump on the bandwagon myself (sitting on R2 catalysts for science) but I'm going to be playing him more for sure to see if I like him.
  • Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Member Posts: 495 ★★★
    He's good.

Much better awakened.

For shorter fights, do 1 sp1 and then get close to sp3. Launch off sp2.

For longer fights, do 2-3 sp1 (depending on length) and do the same Sp2 rotation.

Make sure to parry and hit into stunned opponents to ramp up taunts.

Taunts make it much easier to bait, especial with all the ai shenanigans going around.

Stun duration cannot be decreased except against skill champs.

Stops evade and unstoppable.

Reduces opponent combat power rate.

Increases duration of all ur Debuffs.

Decent evade chance when there are taunts on opponent.

Big yellow numbers
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited January 21
    I like him just fine. R2d mine.
    His Sp2 is nice after a couple two three Sp1s. He’s not game-breaking, buts he fun. And what he does, he does well.
  • ISO8PotatoISO8Potato Member Posts: 6
    edited January 28

I r2ed mine, too.
    (Yes I photoshopped the OG big lenses onto the new outfit)
    P.S. Idk why the image's saturation has disappeared.