Options

Ascend Torch Galan or AA

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,848 ★★★★★
edited February 2 in General Discussion
Torch and Galan r4
AA r5

My ebony maw is duped as a 7 star. Im debating taking him to rank 2. I also have 7* Sasquatch at r2, mephisto at r4 s200, and Rintrah at r4.

By ascending Torch, not only can he help finish rank 2 defenders faster, but I can bait them to ban him so that they have less counters for my mystics. My Silk is rank 2 and Titania rank 3 so if I mainly just ban Hulk/Spider Ham my mystic defenders can give them a hard time. (mephisto would regardless as long as torch is banned)

Ascend Torch Galan or AA 73 votes

Ascend r5 AA
43%
L_217ege999menevilKINGwilsonLiquidkold10or_StrongdzikidzikRabarberstengelDenzel116PikoluGodfatherspiecaptain_rogersPowerofpain1001Ewell65SSS69Aomine_Daiki10KORNGlassbackEnderDarkanBen_15455Charlie21540Jack2634 32 votes
Ascend r4 Torch
31%
LuciusVorenusRagnarok13Jazz_MessengerCassyHaverTimercm2017BulmktRayven5220AleorJustcause102Carracho01Ioniqus_797Thokk150Konstant45LickyTrongNovMystGAmySummersGrub88Noverrr77 23 votes
Ascend r4 Galan
24%
TerraWebby72XreissItsClobberinTimeTheSaithAlmccarthyChaosMax1012ThePredator1001GoingBackwillrun4adonutDarthGuacamoleKLZJohny_JoestarToniXD_16doggyMrA23Kingering_KingMystical_fury1 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,571 ★★★★★
    Yes—all three.

Dr. Zola

Seriously— I chose R4 Torch with a similar decision matrix.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Yes—all three.

Dr. Zola

Would you do Fury before them?
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

DrZola said:

Yes—all three.

Dr. Zola

Fury? Without a second thought, easily better than the 3 you listed.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,560 ★★★★
    Ascend r4 Torch
    I have a rank 5 ascended HT…
  • Options
    @Bulmkt

Assuming you have a roster with a lot of r5s or higher (r2/r3 etc), how often does that Torch get banned?
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 291 ★★
    Ascend r5 AA
    Not ascending an R5 champ is weird
  • Options
    edited February 2
    ege999men said:

Not ascending an R5 champ is weird

AA would benefit me the most in War, its that im afraid he would get banned in BGs. (Mine is low sig fortunately) @ege999men
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,560 ★★★★
    Ascend r4 Torch
    Polygon said:

@Bulmkt

Assuming you have a roster with a lot of r5s or higher (r2/r3 etc), how often does that Torch get banned?

I’d say a 1 and 5 chance.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,571 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

DrZola said:

Yes—all three.

Dr. Zola

Tough call, but I might simply because he’s much more of a dual threat than Torch.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,558 ★★★★
    Ascend r4 Torch
    That's a tough call.

Galan probably benefits the most of the 3 of them, imo.

But you bring up a good point about ascending torch to essentially "bait" them into banning him.

However, in my experience, nobody with a big torch is going to ban your torch, because of course they lose theirs as well.

If that's your reasoning, maybe not torch.

But if necropolis is on the horizon, a r4 ascended torch is a killer on path 4, and in all other areas of the game as well.

Plus, if they don't ban him in bg's you have your r4 ascended to use there anyways so it's a win/win!