Battlegrounds matchmaking

Tim1234Tim1234 Member Posts: 174
edited February 6 in Suggestions and Requests
I always get matched with “whales” It’s just difficult to advance when you have a zero percent chance against whale rosters … kabam please separate the regular players from your best customers … people who have spent money on the game are just overpowered when it comes to pvp matchups and it’s very unfair … I want to enjoy the game a little bit not get bullied around …

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Whew haven't had one of these in a while.
  • Tim1234Tim1234 Member Posts: 174
    There are whales and there are regular players … and the roster difference is everything in battlegrounds
    Could you beat magus if you met him battlegrounds??? …

Whew haven't had one of these in a while.

We all know you are a whale so no problem for you as far as bgs is concerned …
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,279 Guardian
    Have you reached Platinum ?

If so, everyone gets tossed into the same bucket once you reach that, so that only the strongest advance further and into Gladiator Circuit. Get matched with those of similar BG bracket, regardless of roster.

Prior to that, you are matched more evenly with those of similar roster, so that you can advance at least thru some levels of BG. Matched with those of both similar BG bracket *and* roster strength.

If so, everyone gets tossed into the same bucket once you reach that, so that only the strongest advance further and into Gladiator Circuit. Get matched with those of similar BG bracket, regardless of roster.

Prior to that, you are matched more evenly with those of similar roster, so that you can advance at least thru some levels of BG. Matched with those of both similar BG bracket *and* roster strength.

I’m in diamond 3. It’s just frustrating and I may be stuck there if I don’t get fair match ups … I hardly have time to play and I log in to have a great time then I get paired with valiant accounts it really kills my confidence…
    Battlegrounds is a breeze for those who have spent thousands of dollars on the game… it’s like an ant fighting against the ocean … it’s impossible … I guess they should create a system to match players better… filter out the whale accounts from the regular ones …
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    Was wondering when these would come back.
    edited February 6
    I see OP doesn't understand, so I took a trip to the Bibliotheca Alexandrina to unearth this ancient text. Hopefully, it will be of some use.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,360 Guardian
    Tim1234 said:

I’m in diamond 3. It’s just frustrating and I may be stuck there if I don’t get fair match ups … I hardly have time to play and I log in to have a great time then I get paired with valiant accounts it really kills my confidence…
    It is just the first week of BG. You need to understand how the Victory Track ladder works. Everyone is placed onto the ladder based on their previous season finish, but no one places higher than Platinum 1. So there is a big crowd of players who placed very high last season jammed into P1, from players who just barely made it to Vibranium 1 to players who placed top ten in the Gladiator Circuit. On day one, that tier is jam packed with extremely strong players.

Those players tend to quickly promote and move upward. They move up to Diamond, then Vibranium, and then many of them get to GC. But this takes time. Meanwhile, the strongest players in Platinum are also climbing their way up the ladder. Early in a BG season you will run into the players who placed very high last season, and the very strongest players in the middle tiers.

But over time, those whales leave VT and enter GC. The strongest players move up, then the next strongest players, and then the next strongest players behind them. Early on a very strong group of players makes it from P1 to GC in a couple of waves, like groups of marathon runners. And then over time those tiers start to get weaker, as the strongest players left in them promote. The VT ladder isn't really fully "sorted" until just before the end of the season.

The strongest players you're seeing now in D3 aren't going to be there next week. How can they? They will have promoted higher than that. You need to be patient, take the wins where you can, farm the BG milestone objectives, and continue to test the waters as the season progresses to see when things have reached a point where you are more competitive with the average player that is left behind.

Kabam is not going to segregate the players in the way you're suggesting. And they are not going to protect you from those players either, not in the upper tiers of VT. If you want to move up, you have to get past them. You have two options. You can beat them. Or you can wait for them to move higher and follow behind them in their wake. The first requires you play very very very well. The second requires yo learn how the mode works and strategize for the long game.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Wrong.
    ahmynuts said:

I see OP doesn't understand, so I took a trip to the Bibliotheca Alexandrina to unearth this ancient text. Hopefully, it will be of some use.

Bro I know this … I keep getting matched with whale accounts 100 percent of the time
    Tim1234 said:

ahmynuts said:

Bro I know this … I keep getting matched with whale accounts 100 percent of the time
    I can almost guarantee 98.5% of the matchups you think are whales are not
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    Say thank you for keeping the lights on and allow you to enjoy a game for free..
    Tim1234 said:

ahmynuts said:

Ten bucks says you aren't.

You're in D3. You think all the whales in this game are deliberately losing constantly to stay in that tier just to match against you and use the Loki emote? As fun as that is, I suspect they are actually trying to win matches and promote to higher tiers. There aren't enough whales in the game to both move up the VT ladder and leave enough players behind to completely fill D3 and surround you with matches.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    I'd like to know what constitutes a whale account.

Thousands of dollars spent in game equals whale account
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★
    Tim1234 said:

And where are you seeing that metric? There's my BGs deck and account, how much do you think I've spent?

Tim1234 said:

And where are you seeing that metric? There's my BGs deck and account, how much do you think I've spent?

A Million dollars .. please send me some of that money .. I want to have a big account like yours but the world ain’t fair to poor people like me

Tim1234 said:

I would not even fight after seeing a roster like this .. what are my chances with pathetic rank 4s and 3s
    All your seven stars are rank 2 … which means you spent a lot on gold and catalysts
    Tim1234 said:

A Million dollars .. please send me some of that money .. I want to have a big account like yours but the world ain’t fair to poor people like me

Holy Mega Marvel Manifest, sign me up next.

Tim1234 said:

You have even 💯 necro and I have not even 💯 labyrinth of legends so yeah your account is a whale compared to mine 😂😂😂😂😂 just accept the fact that you are a whale … there is no shame in it you simply have more money to spend on contest of bugs …
    Tim1234 said:

Tim1234 said:

You have even 💯 necro and I have not even 💯 labyrinth of legends so yeah your account is a whale compared to mine 😂😂😂😂😂 just accept the fact that you are a whale … there is no shame in it you simply have more money to spend on contest of bugs …
    Last year I got Morbius and that's it so... £30? Year before that I got the £50 banquet bundle so £80 in total? Assuming you're TB, that's the amount of spending that's created that lead.
    The main thing I got from banquet was 1 6* AG too for my AA, and the value of them has plummeted.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    edited February 9
    Tim1234 said:

Tim1234 said:

I fight accounts like that from day 1, while the prestige is higher, my BG deck stacks up ok. Draft normally decides the win against decent rosters.

I would be less than 500 AUD spent in 8+ years

I think, when you say "whale" you really mean anyone with more than you have.

Work harder. Get good.

Tim1234 said:

Tim1234 said:

I fight accounts like that from day 1, while the prestige is higher, my BG deck stacks up ok. Draft normally decides the win against decent rosters.

I would be less than 500 AUD spent in 8+ years

I think, when you say "whale" you really mean anyone with more than you have.

Work harder. Get good.

When I say whale I mean y’all who have money to spend in the game to advance