Bg matchmaking

ScarfacemtgScarfacemtg Member Posts: 14
Am I the only one that just gets the worst match making in bg its really become horrible lately it makes me not want to play bgs period I'm constantly getting put against people with 5-7 mil rated account multiple rank 5s and rank 3 7* and I'm over here with a 2.5 mil account just getting stomped every match its so unenjoyable I like playing but the match making is horrendous

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,297 ★★★★
    It happens to pretty much everyone thronebreaker and below. I'm not saying this in an offhandish or rude way. Genuinely, the only way to win in bg is git gud . Expand ur roster until u are one of the valiants you are versing. Gl
  • WolfGodKingWolfGodKing Member Posts: 8
    edited February 16
    me personally am always against the same team
    5* Doctor Doom
    6* Doctor Doom
    7* Professor X

no matter which team I have, against this team is time to kiss the floor.

P.S, I'm only 1.1M account....

my strongest is only 13k and the second to tenth strongest is 10k.

opponent? 25k!!!!

Insane!!!
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

me personally am always against the same team
    5* Doctor Doom
    6* Doctor Doom
    7* Professor X

no matter which team I have, against this team is time to kiss the floor.

P.S, I'm only 1.1M account....

my strongest is only 13k and the second to tenth strongest is 10k.

opponent? 25k!!!!

Insane!!!

That's arena not BGs.
  • WolfGodKingWolfGodKing Member Posts: 8

That's arena not BGs.

true!! sorry my bad

• ScarfacemtgScarfacemtg Member Posts: 14

It happens to pretty much everyone thronebreaker and below. I'm not saying this in an offhandish or rude way. Genuinely, the only way to win in bg is git gud . Expand ur roster until u are one of the valiants you are versing. Gl

its not even just git gud its get a great draw and if i dont then i gotta play perfectly and with the way the ai is rn its obsurd the ammount of times i get light intercepted is crazy. im decent at the game ive done a path in necro and ive explored act 8 except 8.4 obviously. but when all i face isplayers with accounts way deeper rosters than mine and their lowest champs are like 18-20k rating you really just gotta hope their bad at the game honestly.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,297 ★★★★

its not even just git gud its get a great draw and if i dont then i gotta play perfectly and with the way the ai is rn its obsurd the ammount of times i get light intercepted is crazy. im decent at the game ive done a path in necro and ive explored act 8 except 8.4 obviously. but when all i face isplayers with accounts way deeper rosters than mine and their lowest champs are like 18-20k rating you really just gotta hope their bad at the game honestly.
    Gotta be real, you have a point but there is nothing you can do about it
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,361 Guardian

If the only players you face are players with rosters vastly stronger than yours, that would imply you are the highest player in VT out of all the players with your roster. Not only that, you've also risen higher than everyone with a roster a little stronger than yours, and even all the players with rosters significantly stronger than yours, because you don't face those players anymore. You only face players vastly stronger than your roster.

So you've passed everyone of your roster strength, and everyone of higher roster strength below the ultra massive rosters. That's not good enough for you? Who do you want to match against, and how do you expect to find them, if none of them are in the same tier as you are now? Because you *never* see them, right?

Who do you want to face? Do you want the game to find some Bronze players for you to beat up on?
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    Same rewards same competition 😳

If you want easy competition then perhaps Kabam should nerf the rewards for Cav TB accounts.
    PT_99 said:

If you want easy competition then perhaps Kabam should nerf the rewards for Cav TB accounts.

i never said i wanted easy wins i just want fair and even matches you shouldnt be paired with people that have 2-3x better acoounts than you thats not competitive
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

i never said i wanted easy wins i just want fair and even matches you shouldnt be paired with people that have 2-3x better acoounts than you thats not competitive
    You getting easy matches isn't competitive.
    my opponent getting easy matches against me isnt competitive either lol

PT_99 said:

• Ming_Mow129Ming_Mow129 Member Posts: 54
    The fact that your getting these match ups is bc the game has become a pay to play or lose. I'm assuming your a ftp player and used to rely on your skill only as I have. But it is no longer a skill based game it is who's got the deepest pockets or fattest wallet to succeed. I've played since 2016 so I know your struggle. I will say this as I believe it to be true but this game looks to becoming to an end and kabam is milking most the players before it shuts down as the same thing happened to a different game in mind but will not identify said game bc I don't know if it will be something that is not allowed. But keep pushing and try to enjoy while it lasts
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

Do you realise that you literally CANNOT get fair matches, that's just not how ladder ranking works, higher the ladder, harder it is to climb ranks. Simple

Kabam should introduce different ladders with less rewards for players who don't want to face competition.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,279 Guardian

Am I the only one that just gets the worst match making in bg its really become horrible lately it makes me not want to play bgs period I'm constantly getting put against people with 5-7 mil rated account multiple rank 5s and rank 3 7* and I'm over here with a 2.5 mil account just getting stomped every match its so unenjoyable I like playing but the match making is horrendous

Don’t think anyone mentioned for you here yet (only in tons of other threads about matchmaking).
    That once you reach into Diamond levels (Diamond 2 ??), the system changes from trying to match you against similar roster opponents (up until Diamond), to now throwing everyone into the same bucket and matching you against *ANYONE* else also in same Diamond (etc) levels.

So up until that point, you can get easier (similar) matches.

But after that point, it enters “competitive” brackets where you have to start beating other people also in that same bracket (no matter their roster) in order to advance.
  • WerriessWerriess Member Posts: 24
    DNA3000 said:

If the only players you face are players with rosters vastly stronger than yours, that would imply you are the highest player in VT out of all the players with your roster. Not only that, you've also risen higher than everyone with a roster a little stronger than yours, and even all the players with rosters significantly stronger than yours, because you don't face those players anymore. You only face players vastly stronger than your roster.

So you've passed everyone of your roster strength, and everyone of higher roster strength below the ultra massive rosters. That's not good enough for you? Who do you want to match against, and how do you expect to find them, if none of them are in the same tier as you are now? Because you *never* see them, right?

Who do you want to face? Do you want the game to find some Bronze players for you to beat up on?
    Less than 10 days for the season to end and arcane and gamma is still empty, seems like a lot of strong accounts is also waiting until last few days of the season to move up from the victory track. Easy wins for them to shoot up the victory track in the last few days of the season. @DNA3000 is this not also some sort of manipulation of the system?
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 857 ★★★
    It’s okay. I’m a low tb, and got the legends in a row at gold 3
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★

It’s okay. I’m a low tb, and got the legends in a row at gold 3

Legend doesnt really mean much...
  • SlonerkoSlonerko Member Posts: 3
    You're definitely not the only one, @Scarfacemtg . I don't understand how the matchmaking works, but I would love improved parity in terms of average PI between player's decks--at least in the Victory Track.

When I face an opponent with a deck that's around the same strength as mine, those matches are really fun to play. But when I'm at a huge disadvantage, or even when I'm heavily favored, those matches feel like a waste of Elder's Marks. I see a number of forfeits almost every season because of this imbalance, and I often feel foolish for not just forfeiting myself when I'm outmatched.

• GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Werriess said:

DNA3000 said:

Less than 10 days for the season to end and arcane and gamma is still empty, seems like a lot of strong accounts is also waiting until last few days of the season to move up from the victory track. Easy wins for them to shoot up the victory track in the last few days of the season. @DNA3000 is this not also some sort of manipulation of the system?
    How is that a manipulation of the system?
    Can anyone force players to play more BGs if they don't want to, especially given the energy issue that has risen lately with WoW.
    As a Valiant I'm still at Vibranium II.
    I'm only playing for the daily objectives and only using EM, since this month I have no spare energy refills.
    There is zero reason for me to push to GC earlier and burn my resources for nothing, and I'm sure a lot of similar strong accounts are at the same boat, since I only match other Valiant accounts in my matches.
    GC is empty because interest and participation drops from season to season.
    Each season the VT grind is the same (and with the changes of 3 Vibranium 5 token tiers gotten longer), but rewards are only getting worse since the game economy moves fast and due to that they are losing value.
    It's the natural outcome for players to step out.
    Now that the bribe is gone (OP rewards) only the grind has left ☠️