**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Halls of ISO... ever happen?

chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
So Halls of Fortune for gold and Halls of Healing for potions... but have they ever done a Halls of ISO type quest? ISO is the worst bottleneck for me as a newer player. 1.5 million gold and no ISO to upgrade with.

I noticed Seatin on his F2P account is also having this issue. Is this a somewhat new balance/bottleneck issue that was not around during the first couple years?

Curious about the answers to these...

Oh also if anyone has advice on the best was to farm ISO please share them ;)

Comments

• SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Halls of fortune give pretty good iso
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    Act 4 bro...also the halls of healing give good chunks of iso for every lane cleared
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Well I mean an event aimed at extra ISO. Halls of Fortune are aimed at Gold, Halls of Healing at Potions.... so why not a Halls of ISO special event? Seems like a no Brainer.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Well personally I’ve never had a lack of iso. And I’ve never had an ally mates who have either, or heard anyone on forum say anything about it. Perhaps it’s just not as in demand as gold or potions are
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    The whole of Act 4 is a Hall of ISO.

Heck, even Act 3 gives plenty of ISO.

Arena is also a hall of ISO due to the amount of PHC which gives you 2/3* dupes, which converts to class ISOs.

• SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    edited December 2017
    I used to have iso problems but that was because I was getting new champs like crazy, over the last month been mostly getting dupes so iso is starting to build back up. Just gotta be patient and it will work itself out.

Not ranking 2 and 3 star champions helps too. Not saying you do, but I save ranking and leveling 2 and 3 stars only if I have iso starting to expire. Don't worry about rating, it's arbitrary anyway.
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    I recall when kabam said they would make class iso much more accessible a year ago. That also never really happened

If you aren't introducing it into normal questing, it should by all means be issued for daily quests. If there's specific class paths on maps, class iso should also be mandatory
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    xoRIVALox wrote: »
    I recall when kabam said they would make class iso much more accessible a year ago. That also never really happened

If you aren't introducing it into normal questing, it should by all means be issued for daily quests. If there's specific class paths on maps, class iso should also be mandatory

They are in all the event quest completion and exploration rewards.
    edited December 2017
    I just got to Act 4 and have done the first chapter of it.
    The whole of Act 4 is a Hall of ISO.

Heck, even Act 3 gives plenty of ISO.

Arena is also a hall of ISO due to the amount of PHC which gives you 2/3* dupes, which converts to class ISOs.

Newer players do not have that luxury. I am saying the bottleneck is there for new players until Act4 or so (I should be breaking through this point soon as I started Act 4 recently... but for new players there is a bad bottleneck at the start for ISO).

Anyways just was asking if they ever do this (other then say the Grandmasters Free-For-All which gives a bit more random class ISO).
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    They ran an iso quest about 2 years ago. I think it was around Valentine’s Day. I think the picture for the quest had a heart on it.
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    They ran an iso quest about 2 years ago. I think it was around Valentine’s Day. I think the picture for the quest had a heart on it.

Thanks! So it does happen... good to know.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    chev327fox wrote: »
    Thebgj01 wrote: »

Thanks! So it does happen... good to know.

I'd advise continued grinding of story, event and daily quests to get your isos rather than wait for an event that's happened once in the last 3 years (if it did, I don't recall the event).
  • Use an awakened Ronan and just grind the venom boss in act 4. 6 energy gives a 1300 iso and like 1-1.5k gold
    Well personally I’ve never had a lack of iso. And I’ve never had an ally mates who have either, or heard anyone on forum say anything about it. Perhaps it’s just not as in demand as gold or potions are

I am guessing you started playing a year or more ago? I am sure you saw that I am a brand new players and also Seatin who is, in my eyes, near pro is also have the same exact issue with his F2P new account (said s in his videos recently).
    This is exactly what I figured, this was not as bad an issue in the pasty (most likely due to no 5* or 4* champs in the very early days? or at least fewer of them so less demand on ISO at early game).

I'd advise continued grinding of story, event and daily quests to get your isos rather than wait for an event that's happened once in the last 3 years (if it did, I don't recall the event).

Oh I would not "wait for an event"... I play everyday (too much a day :D). I was just curious if they ever do it and if any other newer players had noticed this bottleneck like I did (though again Seatin had the issue as well so that is enough for me to know I am not the only one).

Use an awakened Ronan and just grind the venom boss in act 4. 6 energy gives a 1300 iso and like 1-1.5k gold

Yeah I am Chapter 2 of ACT4 now... so soon I will be able to farm it more and grind completion.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I sell iso daily. Once you get champs fast enough and keep getting duped you won’t worry about iso
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I sell iso daily. Once you get champs fast enough and keep getting duped you won’t worry about iso

Yeah that is what I figured... only a new player issue. All long time players have more then they know what to do with... new players never have enough.