**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Was this nebula compensation for abs man?

Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 229 ★★★
edited February 21 in General Discussion

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

Dont want to sound like a jerk but.. did anyone else feel it was a little too easy for WoW?

Comments

• Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

Dont want to sound like a jerk but.. did anyone else feel it was a little too easy for WoW?

What was your strat for Killmonger? Any tips?
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

Counter nebulas sp1 to upkeep the true strike im guessing
  • Options
    edited February 21
    Yeah this fight was way easier but fun already completed my challenges with a solid solo for each one. I aint complaining though because it reminds of the EOP fights, which were hard but doable
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

I'll have to give that a shot and see how it goes.
    I would have never thought to use KM
  • Options

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

Start with parry heavy til she reaches an sp1. Punish it and it's just a passive nebula you can't block then. Annoying, but not very difficult.
    In fact, I whittled myself down to <50% with shocks intentionally to get the attack bonus.
  • Options

Zuro said:

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

If you have a Shang chi he is probably the best option I got a clean solo with mine and is way faster than KM but a bit trickier
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

Start with parry heavy til she reaches an sp1. Punish it and it's just a passive nebula you can't block then. Annoying, but not very difficult.
    In fact, I whittled myself down to <50% with shocks intentionally to get the attack bonus.</p>
    Will give it a go, thanks!
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★
    If you don't happen to have one of the premium counters it could be rough.
  • Options
    Deacon said:

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

No. Your perspective is skewed because of the ridiculous Abs Man fight setting a ridiculous bar for the event. This fight can be a nightmare if you go into it carelessly.
    Possible, but I do see people getting solos left and right with a plethora of options within the first hour. Looking at the content Kabam have been releasing lately, it's difficult to believe thats the intention.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

If you have a Shang chi he is probably the best option I got a clean solo with mine and is way faster than KM but a bit trickier
    My Shang Chi is only 6r3.

However I have a 7r3 KM, so I'll likely try to brute force it with my KM first and if it proves to be too tricky, I'll give it a shot with shang chi.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

However I have a 7r3 KM, so I'll likely try to brute force it with my KM first and if it proves to be too tricky, I'll give it a shot with shang chi.
    Makes sense good luck
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

You'll have a great time with KM. It's not tricky at all with him.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,294 ★★★★★

Deacon said:

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

No. Your perspective is skewed because of the ridiculous Abs Man fight setting a ridiculous bar for the event. This fight can be a nightmare if you go into it carelessly.
    Possible, but I do see people getting solos left and right with a plethora of options within the first hour. Looking at the content Kabam have been releasing lately, it's difficult to believe thats the intention.
    That's because there are a lot more options now when it comes to actual counters, which was a huge issue with Abs Man. If you go in without autoblock counter or buffs though this fight is impossible to do too.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

6 R3 angela

7 R1 Killmonger

Also i just realized Shang chi was for a different challange lol it was for the carina challenger lol. I ended up using surfer for the one you are doing
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,945 ★★★★★
    For anyone using shang chi, don't be like me and launch your powerful sp2 before you die, I stored 20+ charges two times, but failed to launch my special and died. Ended up using 4 revives.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

The difference between the two is that Nebula, at her base kit, is not a difficult defender. Abs Man, at his base kit, is still a very tough defender.

As illustration:

1) The root node here is comparable to Brute Force, in that both stop you from being passive for long
    2) Galvanize is comparable to the unstoppable node because both force you to be very careful about your openings
    3) the autoblock and cold turkey nodes are comparable to the DOT immunity since both limit your ability to do damage and can result in a punishing interaction
    4) Even Punishment and the armor break on parry nodes are both designed to make you be very careful and deliberate about how and when you decide to stun the defender.

I skipped a couple because this is already getting too long, but you get the idea. It wasn’t necessarily the nodes that made Abs Man so much harder, it was that he is, at his base, an extremely potent defender. You could 100% swap the nodes between these two fights, and Abs Man would still be the harder of the two.

This definitely makes much more sense. Thanks for the response.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,945 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

The difference between the two is that Nebula, at her base kit, is not a difficult defender. Abs Man, at his base kit, is still a very tough defender.

As illustration:

1) The root node here is comparable to Brute Force, in that both stop you from being passive for long
    2) Galvanize is comparable to the unstoppable node because both force you to be very careful about your openings
    3) the autoblock and cold turkey nodes are comparable to the DOT immunity since both limit your ability to do damage and can result in a punishing interaction
    4) Even Punishment and the armor break on parry nodes are both designed to make you be very careful and deliberate about how and when you decide to stun the defender.

I skipped a couple because this is already getting too long, but you get the idea. It wasn’t necessarily the nodes that made Abs Man so much harder, it was that he is, at his base, an extremely potent defender. You could 100% swap the nodes between these two fights, and Abs Man would still be the harder of the two.

Agreed but no way bro you compared his unstoppable with galvanize, Unstoppable is way worse.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,294 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Wicket329 said:

As illustration:

Speaking of the root node, I was 8 minutes into my Scorpion solo, and Nebula was at 5%, and I got rooted. I was clenched up (not even Ant-Man was getting in there) and pulled off some of the most insane ultra-instinct dexes in my entire time playing this game.
    He really said "clenched up" 💀
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

As illustration:

Agreed but no way bro you compared his unstoppable with galvanize, Unstoppable is way worse.
    The comparison was only for the purposes of the impact the nodes have on a player’s approach to the fight. Both punish attempts to circumvent the fight’s respective timer nodes (root and brute force).
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Don't forget, just because people are soloing, there will be thousands that don't.

Only reason I joined in on the absman hate party was because you guys capable of getting solos most of the time, weren't.

If I use half the revives this time I'm OK with it (probably used 10 on abs) because im impatient and won't wait more than half a dozen attempts before just going for it.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,986 ★★★★★
    @ItsClobberinTime

You dont understand. The fight stress went from 1 to 10 million in those few seconds