Options

Apocalypse Horseman

G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
edited February 27 in General Discussion
Hey Forum,

I wonder how many summoners actually use Apoc’s Horseman ability in real quests…

I feel like using up his charges to make another mutant a Horseman severely reduces Apoc’s own damage output and utility… That’s bad in tough quests (also you have to do 2-4 fights with Apoc first, unless you bring Cable which further limits you options for your questing team). If it’s a lower quest where you can manage with only 4 damage dealers, then why bother with some extra utility from the Horseman ability?

So, how useful is the Horseman ability outside of some youtube videos that highlight how “insane Horseman Wolverine” can be?

Apocalypse Horseman 120 votes

Yes, I use the Horseman ability for quests
51%
PantherusNZSIlverProfessorMagrailothosCropDusterLongshot_33cfpreludeCassycane47Doom_and_GloomMigginslydjr17Webby72SbkruebKyrinMcHForevernarwhalsLordSmasherZachMonsterPrentexMother_FlerkenAlexAvalon 62 votes
No, I don’t use the Horseman ability in quests
48%
SnakeEyes69World EaterRaganatorSpity68buffajrccrider474phillgreenG-Hun-GearkikiFurieuxLmaoJohnTargaryenButtehrsRookiieMoeyTehrpsp742Milan1405CdjcdkjKazoraxSpideyFunkoGogi 58 votes

Comments

• Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

I don't have apoc at all, only a 3* which is just straight unuseable

Ok, maybe I should have specified: If you have an Apoc that you use in quests, do you use his Horseman ability? 😅
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 549 ★★★
    My normal mutant team for EQ;

Sometimes i give it to Cable, but Apoc needs it himself to be great.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 926 ★★★
    I use it on paths where there are mutants for Apoc to regain his charges quicker. I mainly use the Horseman for Weapon X but really depends on who is on the path…
    First fight with Apoc, second fight make horseman, third fight back to daddy Apoc. Supposed it is not critical but nice to have a back up in case I struggle with the boss.
  • Options
    Webby72Webby72 Posts: 254 ★★
    It entirely depends on the quest and the path clearer I’m using. Psylocke is incredible with it and fairly poor without for example, or if I am using wolverine to clear a path I will make him a horseman too. For most content however if I bring Apoc it’s generally to use him and not his horseman ability.
  • Options
    MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 433 ★★
    I only use Apocalypse and Wolverine in AQ, although sometimes I'll use Wolverine in mutant TB EQ depending on the nodes. He's an ascended, maxed out R5 with a mere 3* Wolverine relic. I dream of the day of pulling a 6* Wolverine relic.
  • Options
    Bron1Bron1 Posts: 275
    Usually dont
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 400 ★★
    I use horseman for incursions. Horseman Weapon X is so op it’s not even fair. 200% power boost… unstoppable!!
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    I use Apocalypse by himself a lot when I need a diverse team but when it’s a mutant path or quest or a path where you want bleeds I have fun with Horseman Wolverine. If I know I’m going to be using Wolverine I’ll bring Cable so I can just do the first fight with Apocalypse and then shred everything after that. If you can parry>heavy the fight, Cable can melt defenders too with the Apocalypse synergy. He doesn’t need the Horseman bonus so he’s just a backup to Wolverine if I slip up or there’s a bleed immune defender on the path.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    I have an R5 Apoc (he was my first R5)

I always make a horseman in the EQ, usually based on who the boss for the mutant chapter is

Bring cable with you, do 1 fight, make a horseman on the 2nd fight

Then do the rest of the path with Apoc to ge this charges back up. If there is a mutant on the path it's 3 charges back in one fight
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 581 ★★★
    Horseman Toad is amazing, his poisons have a built in purify if the opponent dodges back so you trigger the unblockable for a good portion of the fight.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,497 ★★★★★
    One of the best synergy abilities in the game.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,649 ★★★★★
    edited February 27

This has been my team for… I think 4/5 Necro paths so far. Horseman Storm wrecks.

Peep the 30k /tick shock damage, and that was in a suboptimal fight where I lost the shocks several times.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★
    I run Apocalypse-Cable so no
  • Options
    jj_jj_9jj_jj_9 Posts: 101
    I bring Apoc for the quest himself. Hes a monster
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,519 ★★★★
    Sometimes. Mr Sinister is getting a buff soon
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 653 ★★★
    Incursions I horseman aa to pair with my herc. Buff stopper gets neuro to death debuff stopper can't stop herc. AOL mutant carina is only quest I have ever horseman someone and that was stryfe.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Horseman-Bishop was great for Bullseye :smile:
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 208
    Ortoun said:

Horseman Toad is amazing, his poisons have a built in purify if the opponent dodges back so you trigger the unblockable for a good portion of the fight.

... and I had never thought of that??? THANK YOU for that idea. o_0

never had a problem running Cable with Apoc. even without using the Horseman ability, Cable being able to stack them degen is a beautiful sight. that said, gotta echo most of the sentiments: stacked daddy Apoc, unless someone needs the ability accuracy or the bleed reduction (like Bish against Bullseye).
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,106 ★★★★
    Playing this game for 9 years. Still don't have a 6* Apocalypse.
  • Options
    @Usagicassidy and my highest Apoc is a 4 star
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,106 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

@Usagicassidy and my highest Apoc is a 4 star

Mine too lol like HOW is that even possible?

I also don't even have a 5* Humant Torch let alone 6.
  • Options
    @Usagicassidy My highest Hercules is also a 4 star, but luckily I have a 6 star torch. This is the beauty of rng
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,782 ★★★★★
    I'll use it if I can recharge apoc somewhere else on the path. Otherwise no, 5/65 ascended apoc is too much fun ramped up.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 581 ★★★

Ortoun said:

... and I had never thought of that??? THANK YOU for that idea. o_0

never had a problem running Cable with Apoc. even without using the Horseman ability, Cable being able to stack them degen is a beautiful sight. that said, gotta echo most of the sentiments: stacked daddy Apoc, unless someone needs the ability accuracy or the bleed reduction (like Bish against Bullseye).
    It works to a lesser extent with sunspot horseman. Charge heavy to purify incinerates, the launch an unblockable special. Is a little clunky compared to Toad, but still useful.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,483 ★★★★★
    Not so much in regular quests, but I use Horseman abilities in Incursions all the time. Incursions are really long, and it only takes one fight with a mutant to have Apoc basically ramped up again.

It's also the only game mode where Apoc's Sig ability actually feels useful 😉

Horseman Wolverine with Apoc synergy is absolutely crazy in Incursions, especially if you stack the right Hacks.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 656 ★★★
    Every EQ. I make Wolverine a horseman, and pretty much ignore the nodes.
  • Options
    Silentkiller59Silentkiller59 Posts: 22
    If you have ever tried to use this ability on AA, there's no going back