Account ban

BeanzzBeanzz Member Posts: 8

I am the owner of many alternate accounts.. I have over 15 accounts but lately I've been feeling wrongfully targeted by Kabam.

During the AW season, one of my alts got suspended 7 days mid season for account sharing and now I logged in today I got banned for 28 days.

I contacted support and they keep telling me they can't undo any action that has already been done.

Why am I being accused of account sharing when I don't even share my accounts? Make it make sense please

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★
    Maybe Crashed can look at it when he comes back. Idk if these alts are yours and yours alone, if yes, then there shouldnt be a problem.

Can't say if you are on the wrong or Kabam is. But keep us posted.
    I'm 51-49 in your favor atm. As we only heard your half side.
  • BeanzzBeanzz Member Posts: 8
    frodo2377 said:

Who has 15 legit alts?

What's that even suppose to mean? Nothing can't be legit anymore?

You're not worth my time right now its that line of thinking.

15? You need more bans to help you touch grass :)

You sound very hurt. I hope you heal
    @Kabam Miike can I have some help kind sir?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    Beanzz said:

Maybe Crashed can look at it when he comes back. Idk if these alts are yours and yours alone, if yes, then there shouldnt be a problem.

I don't know what's up with the accusations and suspicious talks on this thread
    People are skeptical because there have been many, many threads on these forums of people getting suspended or banned, claiming innocence, and then somebody from Kabam coming in with receipts. Conversely, to my knowledge we’ve only seen one instance where a person posting such a thread actually had the punishment overturned.

That being said, no idea what’s going on in your case and I have no opinions or advice. Hopefully the correct resolution is reached.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

Maybe he plays outside on his lawn? It's possible! Hahah
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 920 ★★★
    Here's my questions...

Benefit of the doubt to OP and he didn't share account info at any point.

1) Why would Kabam just decide to randomly target your account(s) as you state? Do they have a big list of player names and just blindly chuck a dart at it and it just happened to stick on your account's name?
    2) If you didn't share any account info, why did Kabam choose that as the reason to give you for the ban?
    3) Do you think Kabam has a meeting and they're told "Hey guys Thursday is coming up and we need to meet our account ban quota to hit our metrics, so make sure to just pick accounts at random."?

Random bans coming out of the blue with a random reason attached just doesn't seem logical. Why go to that much trouble?
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Wait guys, redfire was the leader of his alliance and had an absurd amount of alts. Coincidence?

Blasphemy. The Talented God of the GodArmy had a whole alliance answer to his(?) every AW whim. No mere 15 alts would do.
    obsidiman said:

Here's my questions...

Benefit of the doubt to OP and he didn't share account info at any point.

1) Why would Kabam just decide to randomly target your account(s) as you state? Do they have a big list of player names and just blindly chuck a dart at it and it just happened to stick on your account's name?
    2) If you didn't share any account info, why did Kabam choose that as the reason to give you for the ban?
    3) Do you think Kabam has a meeting and they're told "Hey guys Thursday is coming up and we need to meet our account ban quota to hit our metrics, so make sure to just pick accounts at random."?

Random bans coming out of the blue with a random reason attached just doesn't seem logical. Why go to that much trouble?

I play the 15 accounts across 2 devices so of course I feel targeted when one of them is randomly flagged. I accepted the random 7 suspension I got but when I came off the suspension and just logged in today to see 28 days banned is suspicious because all i did since the 7 day suspension was login for the calendar. I don't account share and I get banned for it. How does that make sense?

See their response. No help at all

• Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 930 ★★★★
    My question is if you have 15 accounts, how many devices to you play on? If it's only on 1 device, how do you remember all those login passwords? I only have the 1 account & I have zero idea what the login is

My question is if you have 15 accounts, how many devices to you play on? If it's only on 1 device, how do you remember all those login passwords? I only have the 1 account & I have zero idea what the login is

Same password for all. 2 devices
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Beanzz said:

Same password for all. 2 devices
    Anyway, bottom line, alts are fine, account sharing is not. But we can't help.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian
    Beanzz said:

I don't account share. I lead an alliance with my main account and so I place my alternates in the same Alliance and just do aw/aq on some of the stronger accounts. Since the 7 day suspension, I haven't done content on the account so I was surprised seeing this today

The accusations and suspicions come from the fact that 99% of the players who claim they didn't do anything wrong were later demonstrated to have done something wrong.

Anything is possible, but Kabam does not ban people for playing any number of alts on any number of devices. But all it takes is for one account to get shared, and that can cause a ripple effect of bans on multiple accounts due to the way account sharing is detected. I can see circumstances in which a player plays many alts and shares one of them, but then draws a ban on another one of their alts and assumes it is a mistake. But that's less a mistake and more a question of the nature of account sharing detection.

In any event, someone might review this, and then again such reviews are not common. But if you wish to double down, then let me know and I will ask someone to review your situation. However, the caveat is that if you're doubling down and are actually in fact guilty of account sharing, the likely result could be more bans on more accounts, because a violation of the terms of service allows Kabam to act upon any and all of that player's accounts. There's no rule that says if you have two accounts and only cheat on one, Kabam is only allowed to punish the account that cheated. Punishment can be directed at people instead of accounts.

Choose wisely.
  • SkyfawSkyfaw Member Posts: 198 ★★
    15 alt accounts… I think Kabam is trying to save you 😬
  • Chris_SummersChris_Summers Member Posts: 262 ★★

Maybe he plays outside on his lawn? It's possible! Hahah
    Touching grass while playing a mobile app game…
    🤯🤯🤯
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    Hmmm 15 accounts???? Why do I smell something fishy about this?
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    edited March 1
    Pikolu said:

Wait guys, redfire was the leader of his alliance and had an absurd amount of alts. Coincidence?

Coincidence I think not @Pikolu
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,397 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Beanzz said:

I don't account share. I lead an alliance with my main account and so I place my alternates in the same Alliance and just do aw/aq on some of the stronger accounts. Since the 7 day suspension, I haven't done content on the account so I was surprised seeing this today

The accusations and suspicions come from the fact that 99% of the players who claim they didn't do anything wrong were later demonstrated to have done something wrong.

Anything is possible, but Kabam does not ban people for playing any number of alts on any number of devices. But all it takes is for one account to get shared, and that can cause a ripple effect of bans on multiple accounts due to the way account sharing is detected. I can see circumstances in which a player plays many alts and shares one of them, but then draws a ban on another one of their alts and assumes it is a mistake. But that's less a mistake and more a question of the nature of account sharing detection.

In any event, someone might review this, and then again such reviews are not common. But if you wish to double down, then let me know and I will ask someone to review your situation. However, the caveat is that if you're doubling down and are actually in fact guilty of account sharing, the likely result could be more bans on more accounts, because a violation of the terms of service allows Kabam to act upon any and all of that player's accounts. There's no rule that says if you have two accounts and only cheat on one, Kabam is only allowed to punish the account that cheated. Punishment can be directed at people instead of accounts.

Choose wisely.
    OP has been real quiet since this one dropped
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,797 ★★★★★
    Fr tho his English is pretty good for a modder.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,088 ★★★★★
    How tf you remember the account names and passwords for each account?
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 920 ★★★
    edited March 1
    Again @Beanzz you claim you haven't shared any account info. Ok. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and believing your words.

Why then would Kabam target your account at random? You have multiple accounts. Ok... so do I and mine have never been randomly flagged. Lots of people have multiple accounts, so that's not the reason your account was banned. You play on multiple devices. Prominent YouTubers and content creators play on multiple devices and their accounts are fine. So you didn't get banned because of that.

Something had to trigger an investigation and subsequent banning. Kabam doesn't just pick random accounts out of a hat to go after. But if you think it was random then please explain how you think the process works.

A more logical answer is that you aren't being honest here or more importantly, you aren't being honest with yourself or how you play the game.