Options

Act 8 r3 gem?

Was there ever an explicit confirmation that Act 8 will reward an r3 7* gem? I know it's the popular thing to assume right now but I recall Kabam Miike saying the first 2 opportunities to become Valiant would be Necropolis exploration and Spring Sales (?). I also recall him responding to the banquet rewards saying that they were explicit with where we would see our first r3 material. That said if whatever these "spring sales" are (July 4th is in summer right?) Don't happen before Act 8, would we really see an r3 gem in the rewards?

Comments

• Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    Wait and see
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,481 ★★★
    Uhm it could be a paragon scenario where u have to do the next act for rank up mats? Dunno how it was back in the day but as far as I know that's how it is now
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,481 ★★★
    Nvm just read pist above me, it said act 8
  • Options
    DarkPhoenix369DarkPhoenix369 Posts: 38

There will be an r3, assumed to be gem but not confirmed. Otherwise how would you become valiant by completing necro and exploring Act 8 if there’s no r3.

Awesome this is exactly what I was looking for thank you!
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,401 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

There will be an r3, assumed to be gem but not confirmed. Otherwise how would you become valiant by completing necro and exploring Act 8 if there’s no r3.

Good that we have an written evidence if they back away. We can present this to jury.
    Something something plans change 😵‍💫
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Good that we have an written evidence if they back away. We can present this to jury.
    Yeah, see you in court, Kabam! 😅
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
    they fully intend on Act 8 exploration being the next avenue beyond Necropolis exploration to be the second method (not purchased) to acquire a R3 champion. the only question is whether they'll keep to history and give a gem or find some excuse to give a crystal.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Deacon said:

they fully intend on Act 8 exploration being the next avenue beyond Necropolis exploration to be the second method (not purchased) to acquire a R3 champion. the only question is whether they'll keep to history and give a gem or find some excuse to give a crystal.

What do you mean, history? Act 7 exploration gave a 6* 3-4 class gem…
  • Options

Deacon said:

What do you mean, history? Act 7 exploration gave a 6* 3-4 class gem…
    yep gems not crystals for exploration.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Deacon said:

Act 6 gave a t5cc to r3 a random 6*, so I wouldn't bet on getting a generic from act 8 exploration
    doesn't matter really ... just following the trend ... gem or crystal .. the point is it'll be there.
  • Options
    DarkPhoenix369DarkPhoenix369 Posts: 38
    Wait I just had the thought what if the r3 gem is in a unit bundle offered after exploring Act 8........
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,227 ★★★★★

Wait I just had the thought what if the r3 gem is in a unit bundle offered after exploring Act 8........

Then there lie
  • Options

There means it if you’re didn’t do nerco
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,784 ★★★★

From the points "Complete Necropolis and explore act 8" and "Explore act 8 and utilise offers" it does seems that both Act 8 exploration as well as the corresponding offers will have 7* R3 items by themselves separately one each.
  • Options
    MR_61088MR_61088 Posts: 195 ★★
    edited March 3
    Ashacekar said:

From the points "Complete Necropolis and explore act 8" and "Explore act 8 and utilise offers" it does seems that both Act 8 exploration as well as the corresponding offers will have 7* R3 items by themselves separately one each.
    That was for the players that won‘t touch Necro and with offers they were talking about Cyberweekend back then, where you could get 1 R3
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,784 ★★★★
    edited March 3
    MR_61088 said:

Ashacekar said:

That was for the players that won‘t touch Necro and with offers they were talking about Cyberweekend back then, where you could get 1 R3
    Cyber offer is explicitly mentioned in December 2023 point but in Spring 2024 point, the offers are not explicitly specified and cyber offers won't be there in spring context. You could be correct but the offer part there is questionable.
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 208 ★★
    There will be some kind of gem in act 8 exploration. I would also expect to see an awakening gem for 7* too.
  • Options
    Emomike said:

There will be some kind of gem in act 8 exploration. I would also expect to see an awakening gem for 7* too.

I don’t se that’s coming but I be surprised