**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gladiator buff when?

LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 422 ★★
edited March 3 in General Discussion
Its been a while since Kabam touched on this, but i would like to know a time frame when it’ll be revealed because i am full sending my 6* gladiator to R5 ascended if it’ll be a good buff(waiting for magic heist 4-5 gem to R5 him)

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,950 ★★★★
    April
  • Options
    Thanks yall
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★

Ngl ascending this guy and taking him to r4 was a bold move, I wouldn't even level up the 7* if I pulled him lol I truly hope for your sanity's sake that it pays off and the buff is actually good 💀

He’s going to R5 when that X-Magica gem comes by
    We'll probably have the buff details by then so at least you can save it if it turns out to be absolutely terrible, unless of course you wanna be that guy which is also fair lol.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Ngl ascending this guy and taking him to r4 was a bold move, I wouldn't even level up the 7* if I pulled him lol I truly hope for your sanity's sake that it pays off and the buff is actually good 💀

It better be good, he was the summoner’s choice
    I wouldn't hold my breath tbh, Miike said they were proud of Gladiator's design and made it very clear Summoner's Choice Winner ≠ good champ.
  • Options

He’s going to R5 when that X-Magica gem comes by
    We'll probably have the buff details by then so at least you can save it if it turns out to be absolutely terrible, unless of course you wanna be that guy which is also fair lol.
    If he gets a moleman style buff ggs, but then again shouldnt put my hopes up high
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

I wouldn't hold my breath tbh, Miike said they were proud of Gladiator's design and made it very clear Summoner's Choice Winner ≠ good champ.
    Honestly he’s pretty boring from a design perspective too. Not a great champ and pretty bland design wise so a double L for him imo
    Oh I agree, I think he absolutely sucks and no champ in the game should be that bad. Maybe if we were still in 2018 but we're in 2024 now, he's so bad it's not even funny.
    Haha glad we agree on that. Yeah, don’t know why they fumbled him so bad. There are champs in the game where I can see what they were going for, but their numbers just come up short. I love Purgatory from a design and animation perspective, but her numbers could use a tune up.

For champs like Gladiator, I don’t really love anything about him. He’s not great on attack, not great on defense, and his abilities are just kinda boring (the special dashing thing was ok but 2023 was the year of awesome champ design).
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,041 ★★★
    edited March 4
    As per a CCP member who’s up there with the best of em, apparently there’s an embargo on his buff, so seeing any earlier than normal beta vids like we did for Sandman, Red Guardian, etc. probably won’t happen until the buff drops, but he did sound pretty positive when he made the comment.

I really hope it turns out good though, as I awakened my 7* from the last Titan, but I still have my 2-3 gem to use and Glad would bring me a first cosmic r3, would have the highest prestige of all my awakened r3s at the moment, and is 1 of only 2 champs I have that I can use those X Magica 7* sig stones on. So, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Posts: 152
    When the update comes out youtuber will also show his buff video let's hope for the best 🙏
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,413 ★★★★
    You want my 7* while you're at it?
    I haven't even leveled him up.

You must really like him, so that's cool.
    Bold of you to assume his buff will be good, but cool nonetheless, I guess. 😬
  • Options

You want my 7* while you're at it?
    I haven't even leveled him up.

You must really like him, so that's cool.
    Bold of you to assume his buff will be good, but cool nonetheless, I guess. 😬

I’d take it, Kabam mind doing the honours?
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Honestly he’s pretty boring from a design perspective too. Not a great champ and pretty bland design wise so a double L for him imo
    Oh I agree, I think he absolutely sucks and no champ in the game should be that bad. Maybe if we were still in 2018 but we're in 2024 now, he's so bad it's not even funny.
    I’ve seen people in the past in my global with a R5 groot, thanos, sentry, its just fun to rank champs i like. Games is all about fun, not to be serious about it all the time 😌
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★
    edited March 4
    I’m holding out hope as well. I campaigned hard for this guy during voting. Love the character.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    I just want some information. I know it won't be live until April but I'm hoping there's some information dropped soon.

Been waiting years for Gladiator, campaigned so hard for him during the vote and have been pushing for him to get some additional attention and love since he was revealed, so I'm already pleased that Kabam is rebalancing him. I know it won't be as detailed as Luke Cage or Nightcrawler, I'm not expecting any videos detailing how we should best use him. None of that will really change. But I'm eager to see some numbers and find out what they did change.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 953 ★★★★

He’s already good, just not top tier.
  • Options
    Gladiator R5 gonna go brrrrr
  • Options
    edited March 5

I know its pre season, but my boy getting defender kills easy peasy
    Edit: nodes if needed proof

I do know the nodes are broken op but those kills be juicy
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 229 ★★★
    I have a R2 gladiator. Took him up out of pure excitement. It's remarkable how boring he is to play.
    Even adding damage won't fix his awful kit. He has absolutely no fun stuff in my opinion (both the previous Community champs had fun callouts too.. he has nothing.)
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 201 ★★
    People acting like he's fundamentally broken and needs massive changes to fix are being ridiculous. The bursts of damage when he attacks into specials are nuts, they're just not currently worth the risk of losing your ramp up, so letting him gain more confidence in the first fight, maybe even giving him a Confidence shield for a second when the opponent throws a special or something and just make it maybe just juice up his damage and resistances a tad and he'll be a monster. He's better than pre buff mole man was and his basic kit is solid
  • Options

Its been a while since Kabam touched on this, but i would like to know a time frame when it’ll be revealed because i am full sending my 6* gladiator to R5 ascended if it’ll be a good buff(waiting for magic heist 4-5 gem to R5 him)

Sorry for bump, but update on gladiator, he is now R5.